Curley Has Done It

Curley
Posted
Posted

Well it's finally happened, this morning I received the deposit for my house, completion date is Sept 12th. Between now and then I have a lot of sorting and throwing out to do. Apart from my original pictures I'm taking very little, I already have 23 kilos of clothes, camera, dvd player in Colombia. I'll be taking my desktop and laptop plus backup hard drive, starting a list of other small items to take. 2 suitcases of 20Kg each plus a 10 kilo carry on plus whatever I can stuff into my pockets. I may get a cheap raincoat and sew a load of pockets into it, I looked on the net for one but hellish prices. Has anyone ever tried using a multipocketed coat or jacket? I've sold one car to a mate, now got to sell my favourite, I looked into taking it with me and sod the cost but I found out it's against the law to import a used car to Colombia so impossible. Now I really must get cracking on writing my website about my retirement in Colombia.

After years of wanting to retire to Asia, I'm heading in the opposite direction.  :mocking:

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well it's finally happened, this morning I received the deposit for my house, completion date is Sept 12th. Between now and then I have a lot of sorting and throwing out to do. Apart from my original pictures I'm taking very little, I already have 23 kilos of clothes, camera, dvd player in Colombia. I'll be taking my desktop and laptop plus backup hard drive, starting a list of other small items to take. 2 suitcases of 20Kg each plus a 10 kilo carry on plus whatever I can stuff into my pockets. I may get a cheap raincoat and sew a load of pockets into it, I looked on the net for one but hellish prices. Has anyone ever tried using a multipocketed coat or jacket? I've sold one car to a mate, now got to sell my favourite, I looked into taking it with me and sod the cost but I found out it's against the law to import a used car to Colombia so impossible. Now I really must get cracking on writing my website about my retirement in Colombia.

After years of wanting to retire to Asia, I'm heading in the opposite direction.  :mocking:

Well Curley 

That sounds about right as things never pan out the way we think they will good luck have a good time.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm pleased for you Curley. Please keep in touch with us here even though you will be living in Columbia you still have friends here. :cheersty: :tiphat:

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Good luck enjoy your new adventure. :cheersty:  :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Curley, 

Let me know if you start a blog about Colombia. I am interested in retirement information about Colombia, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Belize and Panama.

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Curley, 

Let me know if you start a blog about Colombia. I am interested in retirement information about Colombia, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Belize and Panama.

The site is already live, not much info yet but I will be updating it from now on, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, about the author and the start of my blog

Edited by MikeB
Removed blog link

Curley
Posted
Posted

I found a house design that I would love to build there....

http://youtu.be/cx8imzXajY8

MikeB
Posted
Posted
not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, about the author and the start of my blog

Links to other blogs and forums are not allowed unless approved by the owner.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

not sure if I'm allowed to post a link, about the author and the start of my blog

Links to other blogs and forums are not allowed unless approved by the owner.

Thanks Mike, I thought that was the case so I put it with no link but enough info that anyone can find it

Bruce
Posted
Posted
After years of wanting to retire to Asia, I'm heading in the opposite direction

murmermurmermurmermuttertraitormuttetmummermutterselloutmuttermuttermurmerturncoatmutter

Ah yeah, sure, best of luck..... essogringonohablaespanoleyadirtyrottenscoundrel..... Keep in touch, write if ya find work......... :th_hu:  :89: