Converting Aussie Drivers License In Cebu

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Since I come and go from Cebu each month, is it even worth converting my aussie licence??

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Ask yourself if you actually need to drive or are willing to take the risk.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Ask yourself if you actually need to drive or are willing to take the risk.

I do drive while I am there, but can't I just keep using my aussie licence, I never stay longer than 21 days.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I do drive while I am there, but can't I just keep using my aussie licence, I never stay longer than 21 days.

If your foreign license is valid it's good for 90 days from date of arrival. I would check to see if your foreign insurance covers you while driving here, probably not, and there are huge liability issues if you have an accident.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

If your foreign license is valid it's good for 90 days from date of arrival. I would check to see if your foreign insurance covers you while driving here, probably not, and there are huge liability issues if you have an accident.

Thanks, I do have insurance with Standard.

• 2 weeks later...
spyke69
Posted
Posted

I have found showing people respect gets me farther then getting a attitude ( and I have a good ole USA one) A yes Sir or yes Mam goes a long way. You come back a few days later with lunch or candy they remember you the next time you have go LTO.

When I offered the Immigration guy 500 pesos for his help with my I-card he said no..."part of our job sir" I took some KFC and pizzas for lunch a week after...they remember me still....just my view

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have found showing people respect gets me farther then getting a attitude ( and I have a good ole USA one) A yes Sir or yes Mam goes a long way. You come back a few days later with lunch or candy they remember you the next time you have go LTO.

When I offered the Immigration guy 500 pesos for his help with my I-card he said no..."part of our job sir" I took some KFC and pizzas for lunch a week after...they remember me still....just my view

That is good advice, I also practice that all the time.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Since I come and go from Cebu each month, is it even worth converting my aussie licence??

Only if you want to make new friends at the LTO :540: or plan on getting stopped a lot and think a local license will get you something 'special'.

:th_unfair: