Exit Visa For Pinoy For Hong Kong?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Did you have to make an appointment, or can I buy the tickets and just front up to Manila airport?

Also, does anyone have any stories travelling out of Cebu International with their pinoy?

Its actually Mactan International airport but close to Cebu.  And yes it is where we flew from both time.  We just showed up with a dumb look on our faces and let the officials do their thing.  If you could just send an email and trust that everything would go like that then this would be a first world country and everyone would not have a different experience here.  But read through the forums and you well see that . . .  Your Mileage May Vary.

Thanks for that, I have been reading everything I can find, at the very least it is going to be an experience for my pinoy no matter what happens :)

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Just want to echo what Dave H said.  Same experience here... Singapore and Hong Kong from Cebu.  One time had just a couple questions; One time had lots of questions.  I think we filled out a support paper on the Hong Kong trip, just a minute or so.  The IO felt pretty comfortable with us being a couple and HER planning on coming back. :hystery:  The one for the Hong Kong trip seemed to like speaking English to me; probably why it took longer and more questions.  Just showing off! 

You asked about an appointment? No, just happens on the way through the immigration desk.  Delay for us was 2 minutes and 5 minutes max.  You look pretty suspicious so plan on 15 minutes at least. :unsure: :no: :rolleyes:

SUGGESTION: At the destination country go through immigration TOGETHER.  That way you have less chance of any separation for ANY reason.  When coming back into the Philippines you'll usually go separately because she is resident and you are not.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just want to echo what Dave H said.  Same experience here... Singapore and Hong Kong from Cebu.  One time had just a couple questions; One time had lots of questions.  I think we filled out a support paper on the Hong Kong trip, just a minute or so.  The IO felt pretty comfortable with us being a couple and HER planning on coming back. :hystery:  The one for the Hong Kong trip seemed to like speaking English to me; probably why it took longer and more questions.  Just showing off! 

You asked about an appointment? No, just happens on the way through the immigration desk.  Delay for us was 2 minutes and 5 minutes max.  You look pretty suspicious so plan on 15 minutes at least. :unsure: :no: :rolleyes:

SUGGESTION: At the destination country go through immigration TOGETHER.  That way you have less chance of any separation for ANY reason.  When coming back into the Philippines you'll usually go separately because she is resident and you are not.

Screening for my gf at immigration took over 30 minutes. It was the most time consuming part of getting processed through the airport before getting to the boarding gate. That may be because we were flying out of Clark right next to Angeles.