Exit Visa For Pinoy For Hong Kong?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

I want to take my beautiful pinoy for a surprise trip to Hong Kong to see Disneyland etc. I know that Philippines nationals get 14 day free visa in Hong Kong, but what is the procedure to get my little lady out of the country? Does she need an exit visa?? if so where?? costs involved?? How long will it take??

Cheers for the help, I know someone out there has probably done this already.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have done it twice.  The only thing she needed was to have a passport, pay the travel tax (1,620), and get a short lecture/interrogation in her language from the Emigration Officer at airport security.  The first lecture was more intense than the second time.  Questions like:  Why are you leaving the country with a man who is not your husband?  (translated by my wife after the fact - we are c/l not legally married).  Wifey passed the interrogation.  Not sure how many do not.

Edit:  Its a minor thing but one more thing the insisted on at Emigration was seeing wifey's return ticket within 14 days.  Wifey asked if they wanted to see mine and they told her they do not care if I come back with her as long as she comes back.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

This is a reply I got from immigration.....

• Conversation started 25 June
  • 274513_100001959410220_1632652848_q.jpg
    05:16

Graham Brock

Dear Sir/Madam

I am an Englishman married to a Filipina, I am currently living in England, My wife is still in the Philippines, But I would like to bring her over to Europe for a holiday later this year, As I understand from you website all she will need is a valid passport, A Visa, And a return ticket, My concern is that I have read a lot about people being refused to leave by immigration for no apparent reason. The cost of this holiday would be a considerable amount which I wouldn't want to lose through some small detail. Is their anything else she should bring with her to the airport to avoid this kind of thing from happening to her. Kind Regards G Brockelsby.

• 25 June
  • 276651_133424753462907_521379011_q.jpg
    16:24

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

Dear Sir,

Good day! Please be informed that in general, Filipinos traveling abroad are required to present the following documents:

• Passport valid for at least 6 months; • Valid original visa for port of entry (when required by country of destination); • Confirmed return ticket for tourist

Immigration Officers (IOs) may ask for additional requirements to tourist/temporary visitor such as an authenticated affidavit of support for passengers who were unemployed or not financially capable to travel. The affidavit shall be processed for authentication by the sponsor at the Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate General Office in the country of destination. The sponsor shall be related to the passenger within the fourth (4) level civil degree of consanguinity or affinity. National Statistics Office (NSO) authenticated birth certificates of the passenger, the sponsor or other relatives can be presented to prove relationship.

IOs may also look for hotel reservations, company ID (if employed) and other supporting documents (i.e. photocopy of passport and visa of sponsor) based on passenger assessment. The determination of the sufficiency of travel documents in relation to the purpose of travel rests upon the IO who will be conducting the primary or secondary inspection based on the totality of circumstances and statements/declarations of the passenger. For further information regarding this matter, kindly refer to the “Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers in all Airports and Seaports in the Country” with link below:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1252&Itemid=103

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please don't hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at +632 465 2400 | +632 524 3769 | +632 523 4870 | +632 524 3824 or visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or follow us on Twitter: ImmigrationPH. Thank you.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

What it boils down to is that Filipinos need government permission to leave.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If she has never traveled internationally you should spend some time preparing her for what to expect. Things like going through security, prohibited items, etc.

There can be a long delay for her getting permission to leave. She will most likely have to fill out paperwork and you may have to sign as being responsible for her. I would arrive 3 hours ahead of time just to make sure you don't miss the flight.

There is another thread about this topic with a great deal more information than I will put here.

You might want to take a look at these two discussions:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/14995-traveling-with-filipina-split-topic/

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/16002-filipina-and-foreigner-traveling/

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have done it twice.  The only thing she needed was to have a passport, pay the travel tax (1,620), and get a short lecture/interrogation in her language from the Emigration Officer at airport security.  The first lecture was more intense than the second time.  Questions like:  Why are you leaving the country with a man who is not your husband?  (translated by my wife after the fact - we are c/l not legally married).  Wifey passed the interrogation.  Not sure how many do not.

Edit:  Its a minor thing but one more thing the insisted on at Emigration was seeing wifey's return ticket within 14 days.  Wifey asked if they wanted to see mine and they told her they do not care if I come back with her as long as she comes back.

Thanks for that. Did you have to make an appointment, or can I buy the tickets and just front up to Manila airport?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

This is a reply I got from immigration.....

• Conversation started 25 June
  • 274513_100001959410220_1632652848_q.jpg
    05:16

Graham Brock

Dear Sir/Madam

I am an Englishman married to a Filipina, I am currently living in England, My wife is still in the Philippines, But I would like to bring her over to Europe for a holiday later this year, As I understand from you website all she will need is a valid passport, A Visa, And a return ticket, My concern is that I have read a lot about people being refused to leave by immigration for no apparent reason. The cost of this holiday would be a considerable amount which I wouldn't want to lose through some small detail. Is their anything else she should bring with her to the airport to avoid this kind of thing from happening to her. Kind Regards G Brockelsby.

• 25 June
  • 276651_133424753462907_521379011_q.jpg
    16:24

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

Dear Sir,

Good day! Please be informed that in general, Filipinos traveling abroad are required to present the following documents:

• Passport valid for at least 6 months; • Valid original visa for port of entry (when required by country of destination); • Confirmed return ticket for tourist

Immigration Officers (IOs) may ask for additional requirements to tourist/temporary visitor such as an authenticated affidavit of support for passengers who were unemployed or not financially capable to travel. The affidavit shall be processed for authentication by the sponsor at the Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate General Office in the country of destination. The sponsor shall be related to the passenger within the fourth (4) level civil degree of consanguinity or affinity. National Statistics Office (NSO) authenticated birth certificates of the passenger, the sponsor or other relatives can be presented to prove relationship.

IOs may also look for hotel reservations, company ID (if employed) and other supporting documents (i.e. photocopy of passport and visa of sponsor) based on passenger assessment. The determination of the sufficiency of travel documents in relation to the purpose of travel rests upon the IO who will be conducting the primary or secondary inspection based on the totality of circumstances and statements/declarations of the passenger. For further information regarding this matter, kindly refer to the “Guidelines on Departure Formalities for International Bound Passengers in all Airports and Seaports in the Country” with link below:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1252&Itemid=103

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please don't hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at +632 465 2400 | +632 524 3769 | +632 523 4870 | +632 524 3824 or visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or follow us on Twitter: ImmigrationPH. Thank you.

Thanks, also very handy.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

If she has never traveled internationally you should spend some time preparing her for what to expect. Things like going through security, prohibited items, etc.

There can be a long delay for her getting permission to leave. She will most likely have to fill out paperwork and you may have to sign as being responsible for her. I would arrive 3 hours ahead of time just to make sure you don't miss the flight.

There is another thread about this topic with a great deal more information than I will put here.

You might want to take a look at these two discussions:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/14995-traveling-with-filipina-split-topic/

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/16002-filipina-and-foreigner-traveling/

cheers.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Also, does anyone have any stories travelling out of Cebu International with their pinoy?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Did you have to make an appointment, or can I buy the tickets and just front up to Manila airport?
Also, does anyone have any stories travelling out of Cebu International with their pinoy?

Its actually Mactan International airport but close to Cebu.  And yes it is where we flew from both time.  We just showed up with a dumb look on our faces and let the officials do their thing.  If you could just send an email and trust that everything would go like that then this would be a first world country and everyone would not have a different experience here.  But read through the forums and you well see that . . .  Your Mileage May Vary.