2013 Maternity Packages/costs From Ncr Hospitals

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

a few months ago some forum members had stated that their wife/partner was expecting.

have afound a site that lists the cost of Maternity packages costs from some of the 30 NCR/metro manila hospitals

i will post a few of the "costs"

Makati Medical Center
2 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Vill., Makati City
Tel: 815-9911 / 892-5544

Normal Delivery:
Semi-private room - P57,000
Small private room - P102,000

Caesarean Section:
Semi-private room - P82,000
Small private room - P145,000

Rizal Medical Center
425 Pasig Blvd., Pasig City
Tel: 671-9740

Normal Delivery, charity ward - P5,000          :thumbsup:
Caesarean Section, charity ward - P19,000           :thumbsup:

Cardinal Santos Medical Center
Wilson St. Greenhills West, San Juan
Tel: 727-0001 to 17

Normal Delivery:
Small private room with local anesthesia - P26,000
Small private room with epidural anesthesia - P35,700

Caesarean Section, small private room - P38,500

http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/2013-maternity-packages-from-30-metro-manila-hospitals

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

This was a long time ago, but my wife wanted natural childbirth following the Lamaze system. We decided to fly to the United States after learning that 65% to 70% of all births at Makati Medical Center were by Caesarean Section. If they think you are a person of means, it's more profitable for the medical doctor and hospital to cut you open.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If they think you are a person of means, it's more profitable for the medical doctor and hospital to cut you open.

I don't buy the theory that doctors and hospitals routinely target "persons of means" for c-sections. I'm sure it happens but I believe, much more often then not, there's a compelling medical reason. If they err on the side of caution that's fine with me, I leave those decisions in the hands of the doctor.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I grew up watching Dr. Kildare, St. Elsewhere, Marcus Welby, MD and other television programs. Yes, medical doctors are hard working dedicated professionals, but it is a business just like being a lawyer or an architect. Routine c-sections is not routine. It is surgery and should be avoided except in rare cases such as if a pelvic passage is not large enough for a baby to go through.

One purpose for this forum is to share experiences in a sort of mutual protection way. I am just sharing information. It's up for the reader to accept or ignore it. I would like to believe it's a perfect world, but it isn't. 

Edited by JJReyes

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Routine c-sections is not routine. It is surgery and should be avoided except in rare cases such as if a pelvic passage is not large enough for a baby to go through.

I didn't say c-sections are routine, I said I don't believe "that doctors and hospitals routinely target "persons of means" for c-sections". There are a multitude of reasons why the procedure is medically indicated, a small pelvic passage is but one. As I said, I leave the medical decisions to the medical professionals.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Mike B, apologies for my misinterpretation on first reading. 

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not a doctor but have had some learning from an "EMT" info class,speaking w/various

health providers & online search  results.

when my 1st born was still in the womb,

i had heard of "horror stories" of when a woman gave birth

the doctor when "cutting" the area to allow the infant to be delivered,

some times it causes problems in the URINARY area. (sorry i cant recall the exact medical term)

after reviewing the sonogram of my 1st born and how big she was to be, (birth weight 4000 grams)

it was determined that the size of my partners "birth canal"may not "successfully" allow a "NORMAL"

delivery ,

if your non Filipino and your wife is,

You may need to at least consider this option for your new born and her health.

use of online health sources . having an OPEN DIALOGUE w/your wife/partners OB-GYN can help you make

the best decision

again this is from my personal experience  what is best for me is not necessary the best for you

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Routine c-sections is not routine. It is surgery and should be avoided except in rare cases such as if a pelvic passage is not large enough for a baby to go through.

I didn't say c-sections are routine, I said I don't believe "that doctors and hospitals routinely target "persons of means" for c-sections". There are a multitude of reasons why the procedure is medically indicated, a small pelvic passage is but one. As I said, I leave the medical decisions to the medical professionals.

I recall reading somewhere that more and more women are opting for cesarean to bypass the pain of natural birth. A Filipina I know did this a year or so back and the same with her first born. After having quite a few kidney stones myself which they say is the same pain as childbirth, I could not blame any woman if cesarean was their choice.   :)

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I believe the proceedure for widening the opening was called an Episiotomy.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
After having quite a few kidney stones myself which they say is the same pain as childbirth, I could not blame any woman if cesarean was their choice.

Kidney stones! Yes, they can be very painful even when you are passing stones the size of rice grains. 

I wonder what happened to the time when women worked in the fields, took half an hour off to give birth in the bushes, and then returned to the harvest. Were those the good old days everyone keeps talking about?  

• Like 1