2013 Maternity Packages/costs From Ncr Hospitals

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I thought I would post this list that I just ran across while looking for a package for a physical.  Our Lady of Lourdes hospital is a newer private hospital (2010) located in Barrio Baretto, Olongapo City (Subic Bay).  We have been over there a few times and it is a nice hospital and not crowded.  Those prices are with and without Philhealth, so you can see about what Philhealth will pay.  Make sure you schedule your Cesarean ahead of time or it will cost you a lot if you decide you can't take the pain in the middle of your natural childbirth!   :) I will make another post about physicals.

I tried to post the table here but it didn't work, so here is a link:

http://ollimc.com/obpackages

Case WARD SEMI-PRIVATE PRIVATE w/o PHIC w/ PHIC w/o PHIC w/ PHIC w/o PHIC w/ PHIC Normal Spontaneous Delivery (NSD) 23,100.00 19.550.00 25,650.00 21,650.00 28,000.00 23,500.00 Cesarean Section (CS) 56,900.00 42,700.00 61,050.00 46,650.00 65,000.00 50,000.00 Normal Delivery to Cesarean Section 73,400.00 57,900.00 79,000.00 62,000.00 83,200.00 64,800.00 Total Abdominal Hysterectomy Bilateral Salphingo-oophorectomy (TAHBSO) 68,600.00 46,300.00 71,450.63 48,950.63 76,500.00 52,000.00 Dilatation & Curettage with Anesthesia 26,600.00 18,500.00 28,200.00 20,100.00 29.900.00 21,800.00 Dilatation & Curettage without Anesthesia 21,000.00 13,300.00 22,500.00 15,000.00 23,500.00 16,000.00

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what "Normal Delivery to Cesarean Section" is? It's listed as a separate procedure. Sounds like it's in cases where they attempt a natural and have to do the C-sect for medical reasons.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Anyone know what "Normal Delivery to Cesarean Section" is? It's listed as a separate procedure. Sounds like it's in cases where they attempt a natural and have to do the C-sect for medical reasons.

That is what I assume.  If you schedule the Cesarean, it costs a lot less than switching mid-stream.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If they think you are a person of means, it's more profitable for the medical doctor and hospital to cut you open.

I don't buy the theory that doctors and hospitals routinely target "persons of means" for c-sections. I'm sure it happens but I believe, much more often then not, there's a compelling medical reason. If they err on the side of caution that's fine with me, I leave those decisions in the hands of the doctor.

Yeah, the OBGYN has a golf date he doesn't want to miss.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

OK children, settle down. Here is the short view and I will try to make my anti midwife opinions less volatile.

A Caesarean Section is a GOOD THING! Really it is true! I have done 1 myself and been present at maybe 300 others. I have never (got that, NEVER) seen a bay dies BECAUSE of a C/S but I have seen 2 die for lack there of and others 'damaged' because the mother / doctor decided to Press On(!) with the vaginal delivery.

While there are horror stories of bad events with a C/S, in reality there are so many done it is a routine surgery and the doctors have a lot of experience in doing them. In competent hands, a C/S from open to close is 10 minutes or so. Same structures, same land marks, same procedures. Also called a Vaginal Bypass Birth in joking terms with OB staff.

So why do you hear bad press for C/S... Well it is a combination of costs associated, and then the 'fanatical crazy women' (yes there are a lot of them in Women's Healthcare) who are of the opinion that the woman in labor should be 'encouraged' to be a more and better woman by 'PROVING" herself as a woman by passing the childbirth test. Yes, it sounds stupid to me too, but many mothers and nurses buy into this 'I am less of a mother because I had to have a C/S".     

Also, remember that midwives are not paid to do a C/S. If they were, then within 10 years, a majority of nurse midwives would be doing them. Same for chiropractors and drugs. As soon as the law were to change to allow chiropractors to prescribe medications... within 10 years the majority of chiropractors would also offer that service. Funny how money makes opinions change.

Here is 'my take' on childbirth and a part of my lecture I have given to 'less than smart' mothers in labor.

You want to have a baby / child or do you want to have 'an experience' with mood lighting and scents and some doula / crazy woman coach? Here is the deal. That baby inside of you is ENTITLED to a life of their own. But as of now, that baby / your baby is stuck with you and your decisions. Good decision or bad decisions, that baby may die or be impaired for the rest of it's life, based on the decisions YOU make today. For most women, childbirth is painful. If an epidural is available, then get one. It is easier on you and the baby and of course ME. A C/S is a good thing. Ask those post 50 yr old women with a history of vaginal births AND who now 'leak pee' when every they laugh or get up out  of a chair. The question is NOT ... 'IF' you can squeeze 8 pounds out of an opening meant to pass 6 pounds, but 'SHOULD' you!  

In a non emergency situation, you start with a living and assumed to be healthy baby, have a C/S and end up with a living and assumed to be health baby. But in that same situation for a vaginal birth, while you start with that living baby you very well might end up with a dead or impaired baby. Now don't get me wrong... just be cause a baby is 'impaired' in some way or another, does not mean that they can't grow up and join the navy and be a master chief! :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  (Senior master chief??? sorry, I was in the army)

Did you go to school? Did you see some 'stupid' kids in school? Perhaps they did not get quite enough O2 during the birth? Who knows... but ask ANY mother of a dead baby or an impaired baby 2 questions. In looking back, 1. Would a timely C/S have changed the outcome? and 2. If a C/S would have made a difference, and you were offered one, would you have said yes?

Stop the emotional feminist arguments and the 'less of a woman because of a C/S' arguments and remember there is a BABY along for the ride. You choose OK and all is well. You are offered a C/S OR you think things are not going as well as they should and want a C/S, either way the baby is better off.

The most important thing to remember is that question that every mother of a dead or impaired baby reminds herself for the rest of her life.... The question is not IF I can do it (vaginal birth) but instead, the questions is SHOULD I do it?

Remember that if there is a bad outcome, everyone in a uniform says how sorry they are, offers you some grief counseling and then walks out the door and into some other woman's life to do it all over again. You are left there, stuck in time, wondering what went wrong and if you could have done anything differently. Your baby has limited (as impaired) or no (as in dead) future.

So kids! Just how important is it to NOT refuse that C/S?  Not nearly as important to you as it is to your baby. No first steps, no first words, no first day at school right up to the NO GRAND KIDS.... all because of (1) fatal mistake made by the mother whilst in labor.

You and your kid have an entire life time ahead of you... or not. Suddenly, those C/S's are not needed and are harmful and done way too often arguments and 'facts' are not looking the same to you are before you read this...... Right? Well one would hope.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Dang Bruce,

I thought you were the Johnny Bench type, eating popcorn and waiting for all the action to happen.  

In fact, this label fits you perfectly: BIRTH CANAL THRILL SEEKER. 

Oh well, I guess I have to find another label for ya......he, he.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Dang Bruce,

I thought you were the Johnny Bench type, eating popcorn and waiting for all the action to happen.  

In fact, this label fits you perfectly: BIRTH CANAL THRILL SEEKER. 

Oh well, I guess I have to find another label for ya......he, he.

Actually Jake, I do not like action. Which is why I do not do ER drama stuff. I do what I have to but if there is someone else who wants to play hero and get their names in the paper, I will not contest them.

I did not realize how conservative I was until I noticed the chances that others take in the rendering care of women in labor. Many of these women wearing uniforms call themselves 'birth junkies'. The thrive on the drama and often try to manipulate the patient into refusing pain meds because it adds to the drama.  

I have actually attended training seminars with some bizarre women speakers. One of which comes out of the pacific Northwest and has years of experience as a 'doula'. Very well regarded. But in hearing her speak, she was offering tips on how to get the husband out of the room so you the doula, and the women in labor can BOND.... Further, she stated in front of over 100 attendees, that her FAVORITE part was to 'let' the women get out of control so she can bring her back under control. (google eye to eye, breath to breath, ritual to ritual) Excuse me? LET her get out of control just so you can show her and everyone else that you are a sick puppy???

And then there is the Queen Midwife Ina May Gaskin, who wrote Spiritual Midwifery with the 1st printing (1976/77) and in which she advises midwives to MASTURBATE the pregnant woman (she goes into greater detail on how) so the woman and the midwife can BOND. I do not know what it is about bonding, but that word is thrown about like if you do not BOND with the patient, you have somehow failed her.  

The nurse midwives (they have a license!) went BAT S**T on her and the publisher and for the later printing editions, that masturbation was left out. This was 1976 or so. Today that is called SEX ABUSE...

I am sure you can tell many stories of stupid sailor tricks you have witnessed. My stories (of OB/GYN) revolve not on me saving the day, but on the stupid tjhings I have seen people in uniform do to patients!  

Jake you have no idea, as most men do not, as to what goes on in Women's health care...... :th_unfair:

• Like 2