How Many Ex Pats Live In Phils?

brock
Posted
Posted

The equivalent cost in the Philippines is $1,500 to $3,500 or about the same as their retirement income.  

JJ, you mean this is for nursing care in the Philippines ?.

I think you should come over for a few months visit before you decide, Remember the grass is not always greener.

• Like 1

westhmess
Posted
Posted

My daughter is tl.otally paranoid about my moving to Phils.

If you are moving here sight unseen then she has a right to be paranoid.  Fortunately it works out fine for a large percentage of the people who do it, but the horror stories from people who move here without visiting first are legendary.  It does happen that people get killed for their money but it is more common to find out the new 'wife' is holding back pertinent information which ends up costing you a small fortune.

Anyway, this is not meant to scare you off.  Its meant to suggest that you and other people open their eyes.  Come here and look.  Meet the girl and don't be blinded by love or lust.  Take a few months minimum -  living with or near her - before you decide marriage is for you.  Do you want to know what one of the main activities for the retirees here is?  Its sitting in the bar or coffee shop talking about the guys who came over without due diligence (although all thought they had) and got royally screwed.

That is great advice. I have been living here part-time when I am not working. Total time with the GF has probably been about 6 months during the last 6 months. Things are going great, but still have not reached that point where I want to put a ring on her finger. She is quite a level headed girl as well, so she is on the same page when it com.es to how well you need to know each other for such a large committant. Just my 2 cents :).

I'm listening hard. I don't intend to get married. My g/f is separated and can't get married. I know things happen, and I know people have been fooled by a beautiful girl with one thing on her mind,,,,,,money. But, the POTUS wasn't vetted nearly as well as I've vetted my g/f. If I get there and she is 6"6", with a long beard and a machete behind her back, then I haven't done a very good job of listening.   lol  In all seriousness though, I feel very confident she is exactly who she says she is. I only wish I could have been there sooner. She has waited patiently while I finish up  some business here. She's been a real sweetheart through the whole thing. Oh well, it won't be long now.  I'll have to try to make it up to her somehow. Everyone have a great day

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
JJ, you mean this is for nursing care in the Philippines ?.     I think you should come over for a few months visit before you decide, Remember the grass is not always greener.

Yes. There are assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care homes in the Philippines in the P20,000 to P40,000 per month price range. I have visited several. Unfortunately, these facilities are not international standard. The upgraded facilities will be in the P60,000 to P140,000 a month price range. Some are still under construction, including two continuing care retirement communities.

During my next trip to the Philippines, I will be visiting two nursing facilities located in Cebu. By the way, I stayed overnight in an Iloilo City nursing home just to try it. They had hospital beds and it was very comfortable. The meals, prepared by a professional chef, were excellent.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would recommend an extended vacation first.  Living here is very different from visiting.  Then you can go back with pictures and stories to put her mind at ease.  Maybe show her this forum as well?

Of course I have never stayed here more than 2 weeks at a time... sold my house... quit my job... moved to an island I had never heard of before... and I LOVE it!    But it is not for everyone so I could not recommend you do it my way!   ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 1