Anyone Ever Flown Cebuair?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Has anyone flown with CebuAir before? Opinions...

http://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/default.aspx

• Like 1

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

Ive used Cebu pacific several times, cebu to bangkok and had a problem, flights on time, good atmosphere on plane, friendly staff. sign up for email alerts on seat sales.  i missed out on a seat sale last month, cebu to bangkok and return for 1 pesco each way plus fees for a total of I think about 4000 pescos.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Ive used Cebu pacific several times, cebu to bangkok and had a problem, flights on time, good atmosphere on plane, friendly staff. sign up for email alerts on seat sales.  i missed out on a seat sale last month, cebu to bangkok and return for 1 pesco each way plus fees for a total of I think about 4000 pescos.

Thanks for that. That is one of the reasons I was looking at them, as they often have some crazy low fares.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have flown Cebu Pacific several times in country and to Hong Kong one time and always enjoyed the experience. I believe they don't have any more flight delays and plane maintenance problems than the other airlines. I like their lower rates too.

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Yes have flown them several times, well possibly more than several. For my flights, they were always on time, pleasant and appeared very professional. They are a budget airline so expect budget service and you won't be disappointed.

I used to fly both Cebu Pacific and Asia Airlines, from Malaysia to Philippines, and then Cebu Pacific for internal flights to Dumaguete etc. never had a problem.

Even flew the Air Asia X to the UK, and got (what they call first class, and it was a flat bed seat!) for less than the regular prices from Singapore Airlines, Emirates, etc. 

I know they have not been cleared as yet for long haul flights into Europe and Americas, (this primarily due to one of their planes skidding of the runway recently), but I do believe it is only a matter of time before that will change.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have always flown with Cebu Pacific while in the Philippines. Had no problems except one delay between Davao and Cebu. I think for whatever reason we had about 1.5 hour delay but to their credit everyone got a hamburger and drink while waiting which is better than nothing.In our case it did not really matter about the delay as we were just retuning to Cebu so were not depending on conceting flights or anything.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have always flown with Cebu Pacific while in the Philippines. Had no problems except one delay between Davao and Cebu. I think for whatever reason we had about 1.5 hour delay but to their credit everyone got a hamburger and drink while waiting which is better than nothing.In our case it did not really matter about the delay as we were just retuning to Cebu so were not depending on conceting flights or anything.

That is pretty good, I can remember longer delays than that with Philippines Airlines in Darwin and didn't get anything :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

That is pretty good, I can remember longer delays than that with Philippines Airlines in Darwin and didn't get anything :)

The replacement plane was OK, bit crowded but all good. You might be able to pick me out sitting with the pilot. Us Aussies like the arm out the window. 

post-1-0-28561200-1361528185_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

We always fly Cebu Pacific. There has been a few times they have gone above and beyond the normal customer service.

Lines to check in baggage are usually pretty long. Expect a long wait with people arguing with check in agents about the extra weight of baggage. We waited a long time in Hong Kong to check in our baggage and they had closed the boarding for the plane to Manila. We showed the agent our tickets and she saw how we had waited patiently in line without making a fuss like others. She checked in our baggage and then rushed us through the metal detectors and immigration. Another agent did the same thing for us a few weeks later when leaving Manila. I am amazed they got the luggage tossed onto the plane so quickly.

Also I have purchased tickets for family there in Philippines. Never had any problems. My brother in law was supposed to fly out of Davao a few weeks ago but the crash that closed the runway canceled the flight. Brother in law talked to an agent about it and 3 weeks later they credited my VISA card the cost of both flights.

Best advice when flying with them is to watch your baggage weight. If you are over, spend the money ahead of time on extra weight. Try to carry change if you decide to buy snacks they have for sale on the flight. Arrive early and expect to be in long lines and keep an eye on which line you are in. Sometimes they will switch lines around for no apparent reason. 

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

We always fly Cebu Pacific. There has been a few times they have gone above and beyond the normal customer service.

Lines to check in baggage are usually pretty long. Expect a long wait with people arguing with check in agents about the extra weight of baggage. We waited a long time in Hong Kong to check in our baggage and they had closed the boarding for the plane to Manila. We showed the agent our tickets and she saw how we had waited patiently in line without making a fuss like others. She checked in our baggage and then rushed us through the metal detectors and immigration. Another agent did the same thing for us a few weeks later when leaving Manila. I am amazed they got the luggage tossed onto the plane so quickly.

Also I have purchased tickets for family there in Philippines. Never had any problems. My brother in law was supposed to fly out of Davao a few weeks ago but the crash that closed the runway canceled the flight. Brother in law talked to an agent about it and 3 weeks later they credited my VISA card the cost of both flights.

Best advice when flying with them is to watch your baggage weight. If you are over, spend the money ahead of time on extra weight. Try to carry change if you decide to buy snacks they have for sale on the flight. Arrive early and expect to be in long lines and keep an eye on which line you are in. Sometimes they will switch lines around for no apparent reason. 

Great advice. I plan to try them for a few days rest in Palawan.