Anyone Ever Flown Cebuair?

Americano
Posted
Posted

Several years ago I bought a small scale for weighing fish. Its perfect for weighing luggage. I have never been charged for being over weight since I bought it.

One time my wife and I got VIP treatment at Cebu Pacific in Cebu. Due to us not leaving home earlier enough and having heavy traffic that day we arrived at the check in counter just 15 minutes before departure time. At first the Cebu Pacific employee behind the counter said you're too late the passengers have already boarded the plane and take off is in 15 minutes. Then my wife explained to him why we were late and he noticed she was from Mindanao so he asked her what area and was surprised that they came from the same area. He turned and said something to another employee behind him and said something and then told us to proceed to the waiting area for our flight. As we were walking we heard over the intercom loud speaker the announcement, Flight number #### to Ozamiz has been delayed due to bad weather at Ozamiz. It took us about 20 minutes to weigh our bags go through security, get the plane ready for boarding again and then board the plane. We had reserved seats so no problem there. And when we got to Ozamiz there were clear blue skies.

• Like 2

dalidali
Posted
Posted

We always fly Cebu Pacific. There has been a few times they have gone above and beyond the normal customer service.

Lines to check in baggage are usually pretty long. Expect a long wait with people arguing with check in agents about the extra weight of baggage. We waited a long time in Hong Kong to check in our baggage and they had closed the boarding for the plane to Manila. We showed the agent our tickets and she saw how we had waited patiently in line without making a fuss like others. She checked in our baggage and then rushed us through the metal detectors and immigration. Another agent did the same thing for us a few weeks later when leaving Manila. I am amazed they got the luggage tossed onto the plane so quickly.

Also I have purchased tickets for family there in Philippines. Never had any problems. My brother in law was supposed to fly out of Davao a few weeks ago but the crash that closed the runway canceled the flight. Brother in law talked to an agent about it and 3 weeks later they credited my VISA card the cost of both flights.

Best advice when flying with them is to watch your baggage weight. If you are over, spend the money ahead of time on extra weight. Try to carry change if you decide to buy snacks they have for sale on the flight. Arrive early and expect to be in long lines and keep an eye on which line you are in. Sometimes they will switch lines around for no apparent reason. 

Great advice. I plan to try them for a few days rest in Palawan.

Approaching the airport at Puerto Princesa, Palawan will get your heart going.

It's SMALL and you will swear it is not a jet airport....more like for private bush planes.

The plane I was on approached, and then veered off, as if something was amiss on the ground.

It then circled back and began the descent. I swear we were going to run out of runway and end up in the sea.

But sure enough, it stopped on the tarmac well before the "end".....

You will enjoy the ride believe me!!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Of the nine domestic airlines in Philippines we only fly PAL or Cebu Pacific. Aviation safety in Philippines is OK but your chances are a PAL or Cebu Pacific aircraft will have a higher level of maintenance history and for the most part use certified air frames.

Some of the airlines are now using Xian MA60 aircraft!! I would avoid that as well as the Cebu Pacific ATR 72–500 as they are NOT SAFE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airlines_of_the_Philippines

• Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

We normally fly Cebu Pacific, most times they are on time a couple of instances they were a bit late but after our last trip in August this year they were 4 hrs late I confrunted them to call my conecting flight to Australia as we were going to miss it and tell them we have been delayed that would mean when we got to Manila we could just re shedule our booking, pay a small amount for the inconvieniance and fly out next day,

Well when we finally got to Manilla 51/2 hrs later then another 1 hr to get to the international we were told by our Jetstar airline that our tickets was cancelled due to no one contacting them I got in contact with Cebu Pacific and they said that they tried but no one answered the phone from Jet star

So this then cost me $1,700 for my wife and I to re book plus a nights accomidation and meals , taxi etc. When we got home we contacted my insurance company who wanted a written form from Cebu Pacific stating why the plane was late and conformation that we had re booked again with Jetstar.

Till this day Cebu Pacific has not responded other than to say ( we are a door to door Carrier and do not pay for accomidation or anything else due to mishapes )

Jetstsar said it was not their fault so the price of the new tickets remain and no refund for our other return tickets we missed.

Then my insurance said that because we were delayed 51/2hrs and not 6 hrs as stated in their conditions list they will not re emburse us ( what the F!*^k who cares if you are 10 mins or 10hrs late if it is not your fault you sh/be covered ) so we were out of pocket over $2,000 for missing our flight due to Cebu Pacifics fault, so we will never fly with them again and I would advise to all check your insurance to see what you are covered for I thought that as long as it was not your fault missing a flight you are covered but not so.

At least now since August Philippine Airlines fly's to Manila / Cebu from Brisbane  so if there is a delay or problem they will put you up over night and fly you out next day with no further charges same will other reprical Airlines not so the Budget ones

Grrrrr Grrrrr

Cheers Braddo

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
 I would avoid that as well as the Cebu Pacific ATR 72–500 as they are NOT SAFE.

Flew on one of them from Manila to Catarman one time. Funny watching all the check in baggage being piled on the terminal floor. Then everyone had to scramble to find their stuff.

Best part was watching the aircraft take off then they opened gates through the runway for the people to cross!!!1556435.jpg

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I would avoid that as well as the Cebu Pacific ATR 72–500 as they are NOT SAFE.

Flew on one of them from Manila to Catarman one time. Funny watching all the check in baggage being piled on the terminal floor. Then everyone had to scramble to find their stuff.

Best part was watching the aircraft take off then they opened gates through the runway for the people to cross!!!1556435.jpg

Was this for real or photoshopped? It looks about to crash.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Was this for real or photoshopped? It looks about to crash.

I found other views as well. Captions say it all.

"Witnessing a standard approach height by Cebu Pacific into Caticlan ... yet a few minutes later i was to witness something that left me and fellow photographer Ryan Hemming's lost for words."

1606422.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cebu-Pacific-Air/ATR-ATR-72-500-%28ATR-72-212A%29/1606422/&sid=ee442549c9b6d400e7e21bee747d491c

Then there was this one as well.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cebu-Pacific-Air/ATR-ATR-72-500-%28ATR-72-212A%29/2080588/&sid=ee442549c9b6d400e7e21bee747d491c

"5J897 from Manila coming in crazy-low as usual, not everyone notice it though! Canon EOS 550D 55-250"

2080588.jpg

• Like 1