Is Pepper Spray Available In Cebu?

robert k
Posted
Posted

Great! :thumbsup:  I know available here and have heard of its use before. But is it available in Phils?

I read on another forum that it was available in a Dumaguete hardware store so I believe that it would probably be available in Cebu. Maybe someone could confirm?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

"In the Philippines, the use of pepper spray for self-defense is legal, and it is freely available in stores."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

I haven't noticed it here because I haven't been looking for it but I believe it's around. The spray I carry I bought in Texas, very nasty stuff if you can get it in eyes, nose, or mouth. Very good for dogs; about a year ago my then-pregnant wife and I were surrounded and almost attacked by 4 of them, 2 of which were pit bulls. Since then I don't walk w/o it. Look for a larger size, not key chain.

brock
Posted
Posted

apparently its even legal to take on a plane with you while traveling.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Can't speak for other countries but the TSA allows it in checked baggage provided it is 4 oz or less and has a locking mech. 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Most sporting goods stores and some sports like stores carry it .... both my asawa and myself carry a small key chain type when going out but the larger type when going for a walk and to keep in the house .... I have checked in several stores for the wasp spry but never seen it yet .. checked Citi-Hardware ... Ace ... True Value and Handyman ... no luck wanted it to kill the big ants that come out of the fruit trees .... they walk along the cable wire and climb up on the house .... to high to reach with regular spry as it is almost 15ft to the spot they like to congregate in .... so far they haven tried to get in the house ... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

althou I am not in Cebu,

try any gun store, perhaps ACE or TRUE VALUE HARDWARE.

have you thought about a "silence whistle" that causes the dogs to go wild?

since she was biten PHILHEALTH may pay for her shots, just look at the philhealth.gov.ph site

i believe that they do pay but its been so long i cant recall, :89:

Thanks for that. Yep I have PhilHealth for her and her family. It did pay for it all, there was no co-pay.

My mother in law got bit by a stray dog. The rabies vaccine is free at the Health Centers (likely because of all the loose dogs everywhere). I think it was 4 shots over a period of a month.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Can't speak for other countries but the TSA allows it in checked baggage provided it is 4 oz or less and has a locking mech. 

Pretty sure that it is not allowed in carry on luggage, but I also agree it is ok in checked baggage.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Wasp spray has been used effectively on dogs, bears, and even humans. It comes in a spray can about the size of a paint spray can.The type i have have used shoots a good 15' stream and it is not illegal anywhere that I know of.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Wasp spray has been used effectively on dogs, bears, and even humans. It comes in a spray can about the size of a paint spray can.The type i have have used shoots a good 15' stream and it is not illegal anywhere that I know of.

A little big to carry around :).

Mike S
Posted
Posted

How about a can of hairspray and one of those long butane lighters .... makes a hell-of-a flame thrower .... and before anyone says it won't work I beg to differ with you .... I tried it ... just much safer to use the long nosed lighter ..... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1