Recreational Flying In And Around Angeles Philippines

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Any idea how much it would cost to get your private pilots licence with these guys? I could not see any prices on their website.

Hi Medic Mike,

There is a great deal of information in regards to costs, however as best as I can I have found this;

Private Pilot Course A, with Cessna 152

Ground School, DualSolo C152, Operational Charges & Landing Fees, Books and Materials, Documentation Fees, total 359,550 pesos, or a little over 8,200 USD!

Private Pilot Course B, with Cessna 172

All the same as above, total cost - 498,150 pesos or 11,400 USD

The also have Commercial Pilot Course for 924,350 pesos

Instrument Rating Course for 345,88 pesos

Flight Instructor Course for 250,450 pesos

Multi-engine rating Course for 228,200 pesos

I have the name and mobile number of the flight instructor who took up my students, so if you PM me I will pass that along.

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hi Lyno,

Their hourly rates for taking up a plane solo

Cessna C152 - 6,200 pesos

Cessna 172 M (150HP) - 8,900 pesos

Cessna 172 M (185HP) - 9,450 pesos

Piper Seneca PA 34-200 - 18,500 pesos

I have no idea what the difference is with these planes or even if these are good prices, but I'll bet they are less than in OZ.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Sorry forgot to mention they have a payment scheme if you don't want to pay all at once, and I was also told that these prices can be negotiated down.

Which I think is a good thing, as I just googled the cost of getting you PPL in the US, and found prices as low as 5,500 usd!

Mind you it did not include all the costs, but I don't think that it would be much higher.

For me, I'll stick with the Ultra lights, it costs a lost less, and looks a lot more fun,.... but then you will have to ask me if I still feel the same next week after I go up this weekend!!! Ha Ha

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

For me, I'll stick with the Ultra lights, it costs a lost less, and looks a lot more fun,.... but then you will have to ask me if I still feel the same next week after I go up this weekend!!! Ha Ha

Papa Carl

Enjoy your trip, I was very keen on ultralights in their early days and almost took the rights to sell an American model in the uk much against my wife's wishes lol (she was very scared of flying). After trying one out I was soooo disappointed by the noise and vibration in flight that I scrapped the idea and went hang gliding and paragliding instead.

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl

Enjoy your trip, I was very keen on ultralights in their early days and almost took the rights to sell an American model in the uk much against my wife's wishes lol (she was very scared of flying). After trying one out I was soooo disappointed by the noise and vibration in flight that I scrapped the idea and went hang gliding and paragliding instead.

Carl in relation to the ultra lights, is there anywhere to get a Recreational Pilots Licence, like we get in Australia to fly the ultralight planes?

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Medic Mike, I know that the Angeles Flying club can provide what would be equivalent of this in the Philippines. If you PM me I will send you the details of the Manager there Monette, her mobile etc. so you can inquire yourself.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

A pilot's licence and a small plane is a great idea for here. The other day, I met one of those rich 'Mericans who has his own plane, a Mooney, that he brought from the US. He flies all over the PH, don't need much of a runway for that plane. Once a year, they go to Singapore then come back with a BB visa on arrival good for another year. What a way to go!

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl thank you very much for the info,as soon as I arrive I will check out the prices. :cheersty:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Any idea how much it would cost to get your private pilots licence with these guys? I could not see any prices on their website.

Hi Medic Mike,

There is a great deal of information in regards to costs, however as best as I can I have found this;

Private Pilot Course A, with Cessna 152

Ground School, DualSolo C152, Operational Charges & Landing Fees, Books and Materials, Documentation Fees, total 359,550 pesos, or a little over 8,200 USD!

Private Pilot Course B, with Cessna 172

All the same as above, total cost - 498,150 pesos or 11,400 USD

The also have Commercial Pilot Course for 924,350 pesos

Instrument Rating Course for 345,88 pesos

Flight Instructor Course for 250,450 pesos

Multi-engine rating Course for 228,200 pesos

I have the name and mobile number of the flight instructor who took up my students, so if you PM me I will pass that along.

Hope this helps

Papa Carl

awesome thanks!