Seeking Info On Bacolod

Dr. Akos
Posted
Posted

I think you hit the nail on the head, rent. I would come and stay in a hotel for 2 weeks to a month while I was house hunting in person. The good advice I have heard is to visit the prospective rental at all hours weekdays and weekend to check for party neighbors and barking dogs, possibly blind roosters that crow in the middle of the night, that sort of thing. I'm suffering from hearing loss and tinnitus so noise doesn't bother me much but it can drive other people crazy. It would also be nice to see how an area drains during the rainy season. Little things like that. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice Robert,

You are indeed right, I don't want to try to rent something sight unseen and I definitely don't want to be in a place that floods either. I think we are getting excited as the time approaches and we keep looking at rentals available on the Ayosdito.com web site. We'll slow down and locate a hotel close to where we want to settle for at least the first year and hopefully we will find a place to live permanently.

Thanks,

Tom & Joyce

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
The good advice I have heard is to visit the prospective rental at all hours weekdays and weekend to check for party neighbors and barking dogs               , :th_thbestpost:

possibly blind roosters that crow in the middle of the night, that sort of thing

YES Robert K , this is so true,

i have suggested this too, and it does help to find that "right" place :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: