Is Cohabitating With A 16 Year Old Legal?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have know a few girls who got married in South Carolina at 14. In most places the marriage certificate nullifies the age of consent. Although you might come across some people in law enforcement who may choose to ignore than and make an arrest anyway. Then one would hope the prosecutor would drop the case.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We once attended an arranged marriage in the Philippines. The girl was 14 and pregnant. The boy was 15. They had balloons, a large cake and buffet table. Both the girl and boy invited all their classmates, approximately the same age. My wife, the outspoken foreigner, took one look at the scene and exclaimed, "Oh my God! It's a children's party." I had to leave the banquet hall because I was laughing so hard.

The age of consent then, with parental permission, was 14 years old. My recollection is Americans lobbied to change the age of consent to 16 years. Is it now 18 years for marriage or does 18 years refer to co-habitation? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Until recent times when a girl became fertile she became a woman and available to pick a mate and become married.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

If you get married in Arkansas and divorced in California, are you still cousins?

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted

If you get married in Arkansas and divorced in California, are you still cousins?

Actually.... 1st cousins CAN get married in New York and yes... there are genetic concerns and a higher rate of genetic illnesses... in... wait for it..... the Orthodox Jewish Communities, as well as in the Amish communities.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Why would anyone what to co-habitate with a 16 years old? At that age, they will spend half the time whimpering and complaining about everything. What you need is an older, stronger, muscular woman with a strong fighting spirit who can beat the crap out of others who so much as glances in your direction.

Gawd! I better stop watching that cable channel featuring women's wrestling. It is time to return to NatGeo for stories about lovable American families who purchase 2,000 rounds of ammunition and then wait for the end of the world. Since I am already ranting, you can't watch the news channels. All they have are images of genocide in Syria and nerve gas attacks on civilian populations. The media is preparing the American public to accept involvement in another war.

Going back to topic, if you really want a 16 years old, go to the Mountain province and look for an Ifugao. They can climb a hill carrying three gallons of water in a clay pot on their head. 

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Why would anyone what to co-habitate with a 16 years old?

EXACTLY! I have no idea why an older guy wants to live with a teenage kid. Aside from any biological sexual attraction, why put up with the 'teen aged kid stuff'? I would find it very irritating to have to listen to some kid talk about her life and issues. They can not carry on a decent conversation or appreciate a nice restaurant. :bash:    

Kids can be great in small doses. But after a while, a short while, I am ready to leave. :hystery:  Live with one? In a relationship? No way.

Someone asked Fields: How do you like children?

Parboiled! 

I like children - fried.

W. C. Fields 

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Why would anyone what to co-habitate with a 16 years old?

EXACTLY! I have no idea why an older guy wants to live with a teenage kid. Aside from any biological sexual attraction, why put up with the 'teen aged kid stuff'? I would find it very irritating to have to listen to some kid talk about her life and issues. They can not carry on a decent conversation or appreciate a nice restaurant. :bash:    

Kids can be great in small doses. But after a while, a short while, I am ready to leave. :hystery:  Live with one? In a relationship? No way.

Someone asked Fields: How do you like children?

Parboiled! 

I like children - fried.

W. C. Fields 

Love your humour Bruce (are you sure you there is not a Canadian somewhere in your family tree), and in general I would agree with you....., however my wife was a teenager when I met her, and Jenny is only 17 and has the ability like my wife to act or behave much older than she really is. Sooooo, no no I am not going to go there!

Well said Bruce!!! 

Papa Carl

Bruce
Posted
Posted

:omg: Something is seriously wrong here. I can feel it in my bones. Very very wrong......

This is a topic on living with a 16 yr old (girl)... and JAKE has not posted? Yes kids, there is something very wrong about this...... 

Has anyone called the hospitals? Read the online obits?  

Maybe Bob can send down a few RCMP officers as they always get their man! :hystery:

• Like 2

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

yep, very sad. children having children everywhere. i see quite a few 12 year olds carrying newborns here.

I think , children having children with children is normal. What i cant fathom, is old bastards having children with children. very f%#$en sickening....