Is Cohabitating With A 16 Year Old Legal?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What i cant fathom, is old bast---s having children with children. very f%#$en sickening....

You may have to explain how old an 'old bast--' is and how young the 'children' are as there are some, here, who are over 50 having children with girls who are under 25.  Still, its nice to see that you are not on the fence about this. I have learned that different cultures have different mores.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I do not see an issue of an older guy having a 2nd or 3rd :hystery: round of kids IF IF IF IF he is responsible and meets his obligations now and after his death.

Tony Randall had a kid at 83 and was thrilled about it. Bing Cosby had a 2nd family and if the press is to be believed was a very hard father on the 1st set of 4 boys but a much more friendly and approachable father for the 2nd family, 20 + years later.....

I believe 2 of the 4 boys from the 1st family killed themselves when in their 50's...... The oldest Gary (dead) was a small time actor with parts on Adam 12.

With things being cheaper in the Philippines, and with many expats living at a much slower pace than they did when in their 1st world countries, they may find themselves trying to recreate history with a better result than they had years ago with the original wife and kids.

Any idiot can make a baby / child.... But it takes a much more responsible person to be a good father... :tiphat:

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I think , children having children with children is normal. What i cant fathom, is old bast---s having children with children. very f%#$en sickening....

There are other reasons for someone old marrying someone young. Economic necessity is on top of the list. Having a child with the older male partner is oftentimes initiated by the girl as a way to solidify the relationship. It is a way to guarantee her lifetime care. Even the Islamic tradition of having up to four wives was based on a pragmatic need to care for a widow of a dead soldier. The requirement was you needed to show sufficient financial resources before taking a 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife. You could say it was a privilege of the wealthy.

I tend to frown on children having children with children because responsibility is not part of the equation. If you look at the US data, the father of the child is absent. The cost of raising the child is passed on to society in the form of welfare checks and benefits. I am being charged through taxation for the irresponsibility of others. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

One of the first rock stars - Jerry Lee Louis - married a (cousin 14 years old or so.)

In Sweden sex contacts are allowed from 15 years old (with some exceptions e g the younger can't be dependant of the older in any case, e g not teacher-student.)

For marriage the minimum legal age is 18, but exception permits can be given e g if being pregnant.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
One of the first rock stars - Jerry Lee Louis - married a (cousin 14 years old or so.)

The girl was interviewed by a reporter while traveling with Jerry Lee Louis in Europe. I recall the interview. She was taken aback when the interviewer asked her to confirm her first statement that she was married. Everyone had thought she was a relative traveling as part of the entourage. The media and the public clobbered Jerry Lee Louis upon his return to the United States. It nearly ended his career. At the time, in the state where they raised, it was legal for a girl to marry at 14 years with parental consent.

Legal age to get married was also 14 years in the Philippines until international pressure forced a change in the law.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Legal age to get married was also 14 years in the Philippines until international pressure forced a change in the law.  

That's the thought that got this thread started.  Why would the International community put pressure on the Philippines to change the law when their own laws are still so liberal?

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

That's the thought that got this thread started.  Why would the International community put pressure on the Philippines to change the law when their own laws are still so liberal?

It is called 'feel good legislation'. The US is made up of 50 different (maybe similar maybe not) age of consent laws where the Philippines needs but 1 law. Much easier and it made George W. Bush feel better about those poor kids getting married.  

• 10 months later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted

As a well known folk singer recently reminded us all, it is legal to marry  and cohabit with a 16 year old in the Philippines IF you are Moslem!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Aguilar

• Like 2