American Arrested-Bragging Carrying A Gun

Bruce
Posted
Posted
It certainly appears that America desperate to make up for being late for the last couple of world wars are determined to kick off the next one!!

Actually, it is not America itself. It is a fool of a leader who is using the Syrian issues to distract public attention away from his many other mistakes. One after another. What has stopped him for the moment is that there is strong information that the 'rebels' are in fact worse in the long run than the Assad government is. Lesser of 2 evils.

In the US, he is being accused of staring a 'war by proxy' where the US backs 1 group and the Russians and Chinese are backing the other group. It is the road to ruin for the US and there is very little the average American can do about it.

Fred... Just so you understand how our president has dumbed down and ruined America, did you know that 'now' using the President's new 'Core Components' school plan, in America 3x4 = 11? Yes you read it correctly. Not a joke. 3x4=11. Google Core Components and 3x4=11.

This to me is a main reason as to why I expect to see more Americans looking abroad as a retirement option. I just hope that stay out of the bars with their guns! :hystery:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Actually it goes deeper than that. If America was not what is WAS (sadly, past tense) then we all, including the UK would be speaking German.....

It certainly appears that America desperate to make up for being late for the last couple of world wars are determined to kick off the next one!!

Sorry you feel that way, I guess the US should have stayed out WW2 altogether in Europe. :)

From an historical view, America being in Europe in WWII was a good thing. Stopping Patten from crossing the Rhine River was not....  :th_unfair:

I guess we should switch over to a topic on Chatterbox before we yelled at for being off topic..... (Jake likes this) :tiphat:  

• Like 2

FredM
Posted
Posted
Sorry you feel that way, I guess the US should have stayed out WW2 altogether in Europe

To remain on topic I guess that drunken guy should have stayed out of that bar or not told people he had a big gun?

• Like 2

FredM
Posted
Posted
Actually, it is not America itself. It is a fool of a leader who is using the Syrian issues to distract public attention away from his many other mistakes. One after another. What has stopped him for the moment is that there is strong information that the 'rebels' are in fact worse in the long run than the Assad government is. Lesser of 2 evils. In the US, he is being accused of staring a 'war by proxy' where the US backs 1 group and the Russians and Chinese are backing the other group. It is the road to ruin for the US and there is very little the average American can do about it. Fred... Just so you understand how our president has dumbed down and ruined America, did you know that 'now' using the President's new 'Core Components' school plan, in America 3x4 = 11? Yes you read it correctly. Not a joke. 3x4=11. Google Core Components and 3x4=11. This to me is a main reason as to why I expect to see more Americans looking abroad as a retirement option. I just hope that stay out of the bars with their guns!

Comparing Obama's policy concerning Syria with a drunken man in a bar telling everyone that he has a big gun is an interesting and amusing analogy Bruce. I like it!!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And I think that, unless anyone has anything to add specifically about a man with his gun being in a bar and ending up in deep kakapoopoo for doing so, we not add anything else to this topic?  

Markham
Posted
Posted

Huh? The UK is not a Christian country? News to me.

Maybe I am confused. It is possible.... :hystery: But I thought you had made mention of about 30 years traveling in Indonesia. That was my point, not your birth country.

Indonesia? Not I, sir! I did spend a good deal of my childhood living on Peninsular Malaya - just north of the capital but I've never been to Indonesia which is, in fact, one of the very few countries with a coastline that I've not been to.  

I've noticed that certain foreigners rather arrogantly assume that because the American Constitution gives them the right to bear arms, that this provision applies wherever they happen to be in the world.

Actually it goes deeper than that. If America was not what is WAS (sadly, past tense) then we all, including the UK would be speaking German.....

Highly unlikely, I would say. Churchill deliberately oversold Britain's plight to Roosevelt really only to ensure Britain received a constant supply of materiel. Even the countries Germany did occupy and administer kept their own languages and there was never any possibility of the US becoming a German state!

You're far more likely to get pick-pocketed, mugged or car-napped in the NCR than you are on most of Mindanao and that's a fact.

Comparing apples to mangos. The petty crimes in Manila (as in all our home countries) are brief and limited in scope. A kidnapping on Zamboanga / Mindanao is a lengthy affair, often lasting 1-3 years and will cost your family and friends over $100.000 ++

I am not simply talking about petty crime. A few weeks ago, a businesswoman was car-napped in Manila and a ransom of 10 million Pesos was demanded. She, being a cunning and wily Chinese Filipino, convinced her abductors to bring her to Davao where she could draw the ransom money from the bank. The upshot was that their convoy of new SUVs - one of which belonged to the businesswoman - were corralled by Duterte's finest boys in blue who freed the businesswoman and arrested her abductors.

It is a fact that there are now more NPA on Luzon than on Mindanao. Most of the Muslims living in the south and south-west of Mindanao are entirely peace-loving people who just want to get on with their lives, just like any other Filipino. But their wishes have been ignored for far too long by the Government so the more militant become fighters and the most garrulous become Islamist extremists.

Consider this: each August Davao City hosts the Kadayawan Festival which is, in fact, the biggest fiesta in the land and it attracts dance and signing troupes from throughout the Philippines and especially Mindanao. During this week-long extravaganza, there are thousands of Muslims who journey from the "bad lands" to take part in their tribal costumes - and very colourful they are too. An ideal opportunity for suicide bombers and kidnappers to wreak havoc you might think: but you'd be completely wrong: the event is entirely peaceful and there's never any trouble.

The Muslim area just happens to be a major rubber producing area and it might surprise you to know that there are at least two very large plantations in Sultan Kudurat that have been owned and operated by Europeans for the last 40 years or so. I've met one of the owners and discovered that his father owned a 1000 hectare plantation just outside Rawang (Malaya) where my father was busy constructing cement factories; his brother still runs that Malay plantation. He and I knew each other as children growing up there.

Whilst I agree that there are areas of Mindanao that Caucasians should avoid, most of Mindanao is actually safe and arguably safer than NCR.

Have you ever been to Mindanao - to Davao or Cagayan de Oro or Surigao in the north? Or do you simply go by what Mr Google tells you?

Nope.

In that case, I really don't believe you are qualified to give the strident advice you've been giving.

Look Bruce, I lived through the IRA bombing campaigns on the British mainland, the London Bus and Tube bombings and I lost a cousin on 9/11 who was working in the Twin Towers. More poignantly I lost my fiancee who was the Purser on PanAm flight 101 - she was the youngest Purser PanAm employed at that time and she and I were to have married in Alloway upon her return; Alloway is quite close to Lockerbie. And yet I choose to live on what you might term as the most dangerous island of the Philippine Archipelago but I will say this: I have never felt safer in my entire life as I do now.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry you feel that way, I guess the US should have stayed out WW2 altogether in Europe

To remain on topic I guess that drunken guy should have stayed out of that bar or not told people he had a big gun?

Or this stellar example of an American :hystery:  could have stayed out of the country, or that island / area. If you don't feel secure when living within the laws of the land you just put yourself at more risk when you break them. Pretty simple concept. Frankly I think I would probably rather be kidnapped than spend time in a Philippine prison as I hear the conditions are pretty rough either way but kidnapped I might have a private room, the kidnapping ransom would probably be less. JJ had it right, he could have hired a guard and then told him to stand where the gun was within the foreigners reach at all times( if the guy felt the need to do his own dirty work if any), but then this would have been a non-story. :)  I can see the headline now, guard texts tricycle for intoxicated foreigner, film at 11.

If anyone wants to note that the story did not say he was intoxicated, only that he was drinking, in my opinion if you are drinking and not trying to arrive at intoxication, you are wasting your money drinking. In other words, you aren't doing it right :mocking: .

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

The guy should have become a Philippine Citizen, looks like they like to start young there.

post-635-0-59221200-1378658210_thumb.jpg

Found this photo posted on a Filipino's Facebook page.

• 3 weeks later...
wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

sad story really.  57 years old and he still needs to brag about this or that to try and impress people.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2