Globe Internet And The Terms Of Use.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

For some strange reason I can't post here unless I use the VPN.  And I use it for Netflix streaming videos.  So I tend to just leave it connected.  It does a test a bit slower but I don't see any real difference in practical use.   Oh, and iu had the same issue with WU and XOOM.  Sending money from the US to the PI's while in the PI's seemed to confuse them (for security sake I am ok with that though)

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Next time I will try something else......SMART perhaps. Any experience with them for wireless internet?

My niece has a Smart stick and she does not like it as it has the same problems as your Globe stick. Not sure, but it may be common with all sticks. I think that their purpose is for where you can't get a wired line to a modem/router.

I am happy with Globe Tattoo. Their cell tower is in Manila and I am near Bacolod, a long ways away, yet i get 2 to 2.2 gbs most of the time except for maybe Sunday nights. Also, I have had good service calls from Globe. I was having some problems connecting last month, called them, and 12 hours later, they came, trouble shooted and gave me a new dynamic router. With the dynamic, if the signal is less than 2 gbs, I reset it to another tower that is not as busy.

• Like 2

dalidali
Posted
Posted
Oh, and iu had the same issue with WU and XOOM. Sending money from the US to the PI's while in the PI's seemed to confuse them (for security sake I am ok with that though)

I agree on the security concerns.

What put me in a tizzy was now I had to go out and buy a IDD plan and sufficient minutes to make the 800 call to the US (or wherever the call center is....hell, it could be right here in Cebu for all I know.

I could go on about having to call my bank in the USA to get a block removed but I am a little gunshy about violating the standards of off topic decorum.

dalidali
Posted
Posted
I think that their purpose is for where you can't get a wired line to a modem/router.

Ok I understand this.

I am just a short time renter right now, and for these wired plans, it takes a yearly contract.....ain't gonna happen right now.

So I will just stick with Globe and reap the consequences of S L O W for now.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Next time I will try something else......SMART perhaps. Any experience with them for wireless internet?

My niece has a Smart stick and she does not like it as it has the same problems as your Globe stick. Not sure, but it may be common with all sticks. I think that their purpose is for where you can't get a wired line to a modem/router.

I am happy with Globe Tattoo. Their cell tower is in Manila and I am near Bacolod, a long ways away, yet i get 2 to 2.2 gbs most of the time except for maybe Sunday nights. Also, I have had good service calls from Globe. I was having some problems connecting last month, called them, and 12 hours later, they came, trouble shooted and gave me a new dynamic router. With the dynamic, if the signal is less than 2 gbs, I reset it to another tower that is not as busy.

That far?!!!  Impressing compared to what other solutions give in province!

(But some sad it isn't 2.5 gbs, because some webTV I look at need that to streem good.)

3 being to many?!!! Normaly I have 20 open at the same time now...

Yikes....you da man :tiphat: Never in my simple life have I had that many open.

Kudos to you!!

Several of them I only use once per day, I'm just lazy not wanting to look for bookmarks  :)

In the dark early morning, when the roosters are going off is my best time to connect. I am usually up and connected about 5 am.

It starts to drag down it seems when the 6am Cebu Pacific flight blasts out of the Mactan airport and waivers on and off throughout the day. :angry:

Lucky for me, I'm a "night person" prefering to go to sleep 5 pm  :)   so biger chance I get some more ok speed hours when Pinoys sleep.

Edited by Thomas