3G Mobile Network In Philippines?

TomJD
Posted
Posted

Is there such thing as 3G mobile network available in Philippines? If so, what is the coverage? 

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Type in google......"mobile coverage philippines"

I came up with 6 or so maps of coverage from all the major players.

• Like 2

TomJD
Posted
Posted

Type in google......"mobile coverage philippines"

I came up with 6 or so maps of coverage from all the major players.

Thank yo uso much! I couldn't come up with right keywords to find this! Now that you pointed it out its obvious...  :bash:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Signal COVER is one thing

concerning mobile Internet SPEED can be an other  :)

E g in the mountains of west Bohol they have signal (mostly)

but loading a common website normaly take 8 MINUTES :boohoo:  :)

And as others living more among people have told, it's a big difference in speed different hours depending of how many are awake and use Internet that time of the day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

Even 4G is available in some parts, with 100Mbs speed, and they have had that speed in some areas since 2009.

BUT... some parts are lousy for Internet speed.    I was very recently and consistently, getting speeds of about 200kbs, which is a LOT slower than my normal 20Mbs.

Americano
Posted
Posted

What would be the cost just to try 3G or 4G in your area using a laptop?

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

What would be the cost just to try 3G or 4G in your area using a laptop?

I bought a Globe stick for 995 pesos the other week. And 100 pesos for a SiM with a 60 pesos load, But I don't have it with me at the moment to check if it was 4G compatible.  But I am pretty sure it was, its the Huawei one.

You could check out the Globe website http://www.globe.com.ph/lte

This does say that 4G LTE is currently available for Postpaid subscribers only.

For prepaid, this link, for standard 4G, may be better:  http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/products/tattoo-4g-mobile-wifi#faqs

We did ring Globe and they were very helpful telling us which locations in our area were 4G enabled.

While taking about Globe, they have their own definition of the words "unlimited Internet" It actually means 800mb per day.

I was using a PLDT WiFi most of the time, but PLDT IP addresses are often blocked by many sites using IP security, as they get used for a lot of spam.  Most emails I sent out using the PLDT connection ended up in peoples spam inboxes.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I was using a PLDT WiFi most of the time, but PLDT IP addresses are often blocked by many sites using IP security, as they get used for a lot of spam.

Same with Globe. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was using a PLDT WiFi most of the time, but PLDT IP addresses are often blocked by many sites using IP security, as they get used for a lot of spam.

Same with Globe. 

Does this apply to all Globe and PLDT IP addresses including DSL?  Just wondering because I will be signing up for DSL this week.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I suspect it happens intermittently with any range of Philippine-based IP addresses, regardless of carrier. It doesn't happen often, you can use a VPN to get around it.