Declaring More Than 10,000 Dollars On Arrival.

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted
For purposes of clarification, the Philippines declaration form has two separate questions:   1. Do you have more than P10,000 with you?   2. Do you have more than $10,000 with you?

I see the problem that some people have.

They convert it while thinking about it...

eg:  If I have $1,000 and the question says Do you have more than P10,000 with you? I may think... $1,000 x 40 = 40,000 pesos, so the answer is yes ..

Except that isn't the question.

The simplified question would be:

1. Do you have more than P10,000 IN PHILIPPINE CURRENCY with you?  

2. Do you have more than $10,000 IN ANY CURRENCY with you?

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
The simplified question would be: 1. Do you have more than P10,000 IN PHILIPPINE CURRENCY with you?   2. Do you have more than $10,000 IN ANY CURRENCY with you?

ABCDiamond, you are correct. Next time someone from the forum arrives in the Philippines, they should ask the flight attendant for an extra copy of the form. It could be posted so everyone would have the exact wordings. 

• Like 1

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted
ABCDiamond, you are correct. Next time someone from the forum arrives in the Philippines, they should ask the flight attendant for an extra copy of the form. It could be posted so everyone would have the exact wordings.

This reminds me how small the Philippine forms are...  But on close inspection, it seems they do ask the right questions.

Customs-Declaration-PH.jpg

• Like 5

Americano
Posted
Posted

The Customs Declaration form is exactly what I needed. I will pass it on to my friend who should be arriving next month. I'm sure this will be a big help to him.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

So if a american arrives in the philippines with $9,900.00 on his person,theres no need to declare it?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So if a american arrives in the philippines with $9,900.00 on his person,theres no need to declare it?

Is that amount less than $10,000.00? The answer is no need to declare it but IMO anyone bringing large amounts of cash into Philippines is taking a foolish risk.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Is that amount less than $10,000.00? The answer is no need to declare it but IMO anyone bringing large amounts of cash into Philippines is taking a foolish risk.

It depends on what your plans are. When I moved here a year ago I recognized that I needed significant cash to cover my startup costs for getting an apartment and household goods. In my case I brought significant USD in cash with me when I arrived one year ago, but within 4 days I was able to deposit it in a BPI USD account I opened.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well.

No need to do it to get them IN

BUT - if I remember correct - it can be good to have such document if you want to get such sum OUT later.