Printed Tickets No Longer Mandatory At Airports; E-Tickets Will Do

Mike S
Posted
Posted

InterAksyon.com means BUSINESS

Effective immediately, air passengers no longer need to present printed copies of their tickets at the country's airports, with the Department of Justice announcing that electronic tickets will now suffice for entry and transit.

The DOJ, under which the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation (BID) operates, on Wednesday issued Operations Order No. 2013-003, titled "Removing the Requirement of Presentation of the Printed Hard Copy of Return and/or Onward Passage Ticket".

Electronic tickets, or e-tickets, as displayed on smart phones, tablets, and other mobile electronic devices, will now be accepted for entry and processing at airports.

"This is another simple step to improve access to basic government services," the DOJ said. "We shall continue to work with all stakeholders to inject common sense and process logic into our systems."

InterAksyon.com means BUSINESS

http://www.interaksyon.com/business/70503/printed-tickets-no-longer-mandatory-at-airports-e-tickets-will-do

• Like 3

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Well I suppose the word is still filtering down to outlying airports.

Just today...9-12-2013.. at the Caticlan (Boracay) airport, the novia and I were NOT allowed to enter past the security guard without a printed ticket.

The novia explained that it was an E-ticket and we do not own a printer to print it out.

No workie...."no printed out ticket.....your not getting in"

So the novia hunted down the PAL express ticket office......some 300 meters walk and secured the printed out tickets.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Effective immediately, in Philippines, means:  "We would like someone in authority to listen to us and do what we want so we get pompous and try to bully them but they never listen and it is never enforced."  It is also widely believed, by many, that if they publish it on the Internet then it will become a fact.

Welcome to the Philippines and have a nice change to your English vocabulary.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I use a color laser printer with quality paper for my Philippine eTicket. The security guards at the gate are more polite knowing I am either a foreigner or some rich local dude who can afford a color laser printer. 

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I can this slowing things down instead of making the line move faster. I would rather have a piece of paper in my hand instead of an open laptop. People have problems with their E-devices such as low battery, where is it, did you delete it, it opens slowly, it must be in my other cell, hon, do you have it?, etc.

It cost 1 p to print out your ticket, only the front page is all you need.

Reminds me of being at the check out cashier at the supermarket. The lady waits until the cashier tells her how much the total is, then she opens her bag, shuffles thru 3 wallets looking for the right credit card, tries it but after 2 failed attempts of entering the pin #, she changes the card, enters the pin but then is told that she has no funds available on that card so she tries another. All the while, I have 4 beer in one hand and the exact change in the other. This will happen at the airport check in as people will not be ready. I have seen people hand in the customs declaration form not filled out.

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Reminds me of being at the check out cashier at the supermarket. The lady waits until the cashier tells her how much the total is, then she opens her bag, shuffles thru 3 wallets looking for the right credit card, tries it but after 2 failed attempts of entering the pin #, she changes the card, enters the pin but then is told that she has no funds available on that card so she tries another. All the while, I have 4 beer in one hand and the exact change in the other.

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ..... I can relate to that totally .... or how about the person in a taxi who waits for the cab to stop before looking in those portable luggage carriers they call purses to find the correct and exact change .... don't they know before hand where they are going and get the money ready BEFORE they get there ..... oh wait .... how stupid of me they can't cause they are texting on their cell ..... oh well ....  :mocking: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

There are many things that are not mandatory but you had better do them anyway, like have a printed ticket. :) 

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I can this slowing things down instead of making the line move faster. I would rather have a piece of paper in my hand instead of an open laptop. People have problems with their E-devices such as low battery, where is it, did you delete it, it opens slowly, it must be in my other cell, hon, do you have it?, etc.

It cost 1 p to print out your ticket, only the front page is all you need.

Reminds me of being at the check out cashier at the supermarket. The lady waits until the cashier tells her how much the total is, then she opens her bag, shuffles thru 3 wallets looking for the right credit card, tries it but after 2 failed attempts of entering the pin #, she changes the card, enters the pin but then is told that she has no funds available on that card so she tries another. All the while, I have 4 beer in one hand and the exact change in the other. This will happen at the airport check in as people will not be ready. I have seen people hand in the customs declaration form not filled out.

Excellent point Jpbago!  I had to read up on the E-TICKET or electronics ticket system and found some interesting

pros and cons.  In addition to what was mentioned above, do we have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the WI-FI

signal at any airport in PI?  Does power outages-fluctuations affect the WI-FI signal at a smaller airport?  

I would definitely make copies of my e-ticket, confirmation e-mails and other documents well before I arrive at the

airport.  Murphy's Law states that chit happens and your stress level spikes up when you have little old ladies with

tons of BB boxes hanging up the line......he, he. 

I would rather arrive well in advance and hook up with JPBAGO and order another round of cold San Magoo....he, he.

Wheels up -- Jake

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Yes, but why do they need EITHER ticket, printed or electronic from CUSTOMER?!  Don't the system tell in FLIGHT PERSONAL computers, who the personal tickets are for, so it's enough travellers identify themselves?  which they have to do anyway by handing over the passport....

If not it can be a business idea to make such system. (It's NOT put on my business idea list for RP  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, "they" must have been listening to you Thomas ! On the last international flight I took from Australia,

about 1 month ago.

I presented my printed ticket and they waved it away as not required. They asked for no other form of ticket.

Which I wouldn't have had anyway !

We're allways a bit behind here in Western Australia, and W.A. is said to stand for "Wait Awhile"

Maybe in the Philippines you have to wait awhile longer.

Come to think though, just for my own peace of mind I'll continue to carry my printed ticket !

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 4