Printed Tickets No Longer Mandatory At Airports; E-Tickets Will Do

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I entered the country 2 years ago and again last week on an e-ticket, no problems both times.

johnb
Posted
Posted

I just returned from the UK to Cebu a couple of days ago,  I took a bus in the UK from Brighton to London heathrow airport and booked a seat online, one of the ticket options was an x ticket, i guess that's short for text, all i needed when i boarded the bus was my phone and then to show the driver the text, sorry if this is common knowledge but having initially left the UK in 1996 I'm still amazed at the new technology .........Now regarding the Philippines, i raley if ever carry or use a phone here, and the chances of me traveling with a tablet is extremely unlikely, so I will always have a printed eticket in my sweaty hand over some electronic device, its enough trouble trying to juggle my checking baggage and carry on baggage without also attempting to juggle a tablet, phone or laptop, at a push i can grip my eticket with my teeth, try that with your laptop :)

PS, Was given a 30day visa on entry, and have never had trouble with having my exit ticket outside the departure date of my visa,

John

• Like 5

jon1
Posted
Posted

I agree, always have a printed copy of the ticket. Who needs to be stressed? Isn't that why we are in the PI?

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

As so many have stated, yep, printed ticket.  Not for convenience but more for the fact my short term memory is terrible and I like to check times, flight numbers etc often :)

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

At Manila airport I was ready to find the email ticket confirmation details on my phone, but the girl at the counter, PAL, just asked for my passport, no ticket details needed.

That part was easy :)

• 1 month later...
beans256
Posted
Posted

I'm traveling to the Philippines for the first time to see my fiancee. I have a questionj about the e-ticket. I recieved an email confirmation from Expedia where I booked the flight. It contains my itinerary. Is this my 'e-ticket'? I've never flown anywhere in my life so I'm a bit of a noob to all this. Any help would be appreciated.

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
I recieved an email confirmation from Expedia where I booked the flight. It contains my itinerary. Is this my 'e-ticket'?

Usually you will receive an e-mail with a PDF file attached. This will be your copy of the e-ticket. It will also be logged into the computer so a printed copy is handy only for your own reference and also if you need to upgrade your baggage allowance. At check in you will be asked for your passport and your booking will show up under your name under normal circumstances.

Hope that helps

• Like 2