"that" Smell And............

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Every time we disembark to the Mactan jet bridge That Smell hits, I smile and know I'm back but the heat brings on its own issues.

I'm curious what Expats do to keep dry in the heat? Do you guys ever get used to the heat?

Showering two three times a day using anti-bacterial soap under arms and feet then baby powder with clean clothing works well. I don't like antiperspirants maybe there is a local antiperspirant brand that works well but is easy on the skin?

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost:

You ARE the man, thank you for sharing.

I'm sure our significant others would be pleased to apply that hygiene technique. :dance:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Every time we disembark to the Mactan jet bridge That Smell hits, I smile and know I'm back but the heat brings on its own issues.

I'm curious what Expats do to keep dry in the heat? Do you guys ever get used to the heat?

Showering two three times a day using anti-bacterial soap under arms and feet then baby powder with clean clothing works well. I don't like antiperspirants maybe there is a local antiperspirant brand that works well but is easy on the skin?

My "knuts" are a real "sticking" point for me. No matter the position I sit in.....the "stick" just keeps on going and going.

So now the novia lavishly applies talcum powder to my "jewels"....deftly I might add, and both of them really appreciate it. :10001:

That "smell" first hit me hard on my first SE Asia tour.

At the old Bangkok airport....as soon as you get outside....wow..here I am in another world...

Tropical mixed with fishballs?...I will never forget that.

Triple LIKE Dali-Dali!  You definitely have the play on words, my friend.  Reminds me of someone I know.....he, he.

Jake

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

That is TOTALLY NOT FAIR!  Your title led me to believe that I was in for another juicy story about smell.

I thought all along you were talking about that funky smell down under.  You such a tease and a kill joy. 

I usually carry a small black shoulder bag (looks like I'm packing a weapon) which contains a hand towel,

a small bottle of pine scented alcohol or anti-bacterial liquid soap.  Taking a tabo-tabo bath 2-3 times a

day is usually our daily routine.

It's mo Pun in da Pil-lip-peens, especially when soap is involved...he, he.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Alcohol will kill bacteria thus odor. The scented stuff you speak of is watered down a bit and easy on sensitive skin?

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

The comedian Steve Martin used to say to put a tuna-fish sandwich under each arm. He said it was economical too as it lasts two weeks. Great if you are a cat person :) .

Seriously, my skin isn't too sensitive so I splash with rubbing alcohol, let dry and lately follow with a solid stick deodorant. Roll ons give plenty of alcohol along with the deodorant but the chemicals in them reads pretty rough as I think half of them are banned in California, I think there are treatments for sweating (I think Botox paralyzes the sweat glands) but I would not do it, as that is how your body cools itself, besides you will stop sweating shortly before you die of heat stroke anyway, why be in such a hurry?

• Like 4

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I guess I got lucky, some how my body adjusted and it no longer seems to be a problem....., just don't sit beside me in the jeepney!

ha ha

When I fist arrived, Ellie used to cover my body in powder, and I mean all of my body! One of the most enjoyable experiences ever experienced, and first thing in the morning after we go out of the shower!

Ha, it definitely is more fun in the Philippines.

Papa Carl

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was making fun of the owner of our hotel last night. He put on a jacket and I told he has been in the country too long - no self respecting kano would wear a jacket in this heat! He says he doesn't even sweat on Manila anymore. So I guess you get used to it eventually?

• Like 3