Suggestions For Cheap Throw Away Ticket

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I will be buying my return ticket from Orlando to Manila departing to the Philippines on November 15 with a return flight on April 30 ( 5.5 months ) ( $1300 ). I quess I will need a throw away because my return date is past the 30 day visa, Is that correct ?   Where would I find a very cheap throw away ticket.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Try Cebu Pacific airline , Manila to Hong Kong, 6 months from your arrival date. You can get a promo rate of about 40 or 50 bucks.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

PROMO FARES 2340 H  03 FEB

Manila 0130 H  04 FEB

Kota Kinabalu 733

PHP  1,549.00
SOLD OUT
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I will be buying my return ticket from Orlando to Manila departing to the Philippines on November 15 with a return flight on April 30 ( 5.5 months )

I would not buy a throw away unless you get an extremely cheap one.  There are threads on this forum that advise you it is possible to encounter an officious Immigration official on entry to the country but if you are polite there will 'probably' be no problem.  If he tries to shake you down about it just politely ask to see his supervisor to discuss it.

If you want to absolutely be sure this cannot happen to you then sign up for Cebu Pacific's email alerts and watch when they send you their weekly low fares.  You will get a fair fare in time.  But again, your ticket will be fine for the airlines, its only moody or corrupt entry officials who MAY give you a bad time.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I believe all the airlines look for is an exit ticket.  I don't they really care about the date.  And immigration has never asked about an exit ticket.  All the responsibility is on the airlines.  So if you already have an exit ticket, even 5 months later, it should be ok. 

But if you want one then Tiger Air has some real cheap flights.

*disclaimer: your results may vary  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I will be buying my return ticket from Orlando to Manila departing to the Philippines on November 15 with a return flight on April 30 ( 5.5 months ) ( $1300 ). I quess I will need a throw away because my return date is past the 30 day visa, Is that correct ?

NO ITS INCORRECT

You DO NOT NEED ANOTHER TICKET(aka throw away) as you already have "PROOF" that you have a departure ticket

even if its 5.5 months away YOU HAVE THE PROOF they require,

Why dont you take the $40-50 and use it as a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP ON this forum

when i 1st arrived i had 11month return ticket and that is what I still use.

(plan B back up,in case of illness etc etc and i need to leave early i just pay the change fee")

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

My travel agent ( shes the best ) always tells me if i want to extend my stay call the airline im flying with when i actually get into the country and as long as theres a seat available all i have to do is pay $100 usd to change my departure date i usually dont do this coz i dont stay longer then a month so no problem for me but since the next time i will go it will be 5-6 month this is what i will do , cheaper then buying a throw away ticket and i can go to my airlines head office in makati and pay the 100 bucks and get my ticket right away , maybe check with your travel agent and airline spj and see what they say ? its worth looking into !! 

O-U-C :thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I will be buying my return ticket from Orlando to Manila departing to the Philippines on November 15 with a return flight on April 30 ( 5.5 months ) ( $1300 ). I quess I will need a throw away because my return date is past the 30 day visa, Is that correct ?

NO ITS INCORRECT

You DO NOT NEED ANOTHER TICKET(aka throw away) as you already have "PROOF" that you have a departure ticket

even if its 5.5 months away YOU HAVE THE PROOF they require,

Yes, this is correct. Your return ticket is your exit ticket. I did not read it properly at  first.

brock
Posted
Posted

Over 20 visits and never needed one Scott

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Must have been over this a dozen times  :lol:

post-1-0-19066900-1380019422_thumb.jpg

• Like 1