Boi Change Of Address

United Army
Posted
Posted

I have moved twice in the last  4 months, but have not  notified BOI yet, thinking of going to BOI soon to  do so.  Has anyone informed BOI after the fact when you have moved?    I'm on a 13A visa.

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

No. But I would think it would be more normal to tell them after you have moved than before.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I know someone who tried.  Paid a small fee and told them of an address change and then waited for a replacement card.  He said it actually did come - with the old address on it.  He said he will wait until he has to renew it (in 5 years?) before trying again.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I've done it twice ... once in Cebu and once when we moved here to Bacolod .... all they did was record it to my paperwork file .... all we paid was a penalty of 200p because we didn't notify them the month we moved here .... penalty is p200 per month .... not sure just how they would find out the exact date you moved or how many times you moved ..... guess it is just up to you to tell them ..... me .... I don't like taking chances ...  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 3

United Army
Posted
Posted

I've done it twice ... once in Cebu and once when we moved here to Bacolod .... all they did was record it to my paperwork file .... all we paid was a penalty of 200p because we didn't notify them the month we moved here .... penalty is p200 per month .... not sure just how they would find out the exact date you moved or how many times you moved ..... guess it is just up to you to tell them ..... me .... I don't like taking chances ...  :thumbsup:

When you did your change of address, did you have to go to your local barangay office to get a change of address for BOI?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to my local Barangay office and sure enough I got a Proof of Residency Clearance, it came with my pic on it and finger prints,,Then off to the the BOI office here in Cebu, I got administrative fine of 600 peso, (200 per month that I was late, 3 months late), legal research fee of  10 peso, amendment  fee of 500 peso and express lane fee of 500.  What is this express lane fee anyway?  I only see one line to pay the fees....

Oh well...

Mike S
Posted
Posted
When you did your change of address, did you have to go to your local barangay office to get a change of address for BOI?

Sorry I didn't see your post in time ..... I miss a few this way .... guess I better change my view new content from 24hrs. to maybe 1 week .....

Anyway yes we did have to go to the Barangay office to get a paper stating when we moved to the area ..... but first we had to go to the Purok Representative to get her endorsement .... which is laughable as they asked us in both cases when we had moved to the area ..... we could have told them anything .... but as  said before when dealing with the BI I don't play any games or lie .... once deported it is almost impossible to get back unless of course you manipulate the spelling of your name on a new passport ..... :mocking: :mocking:  .... seems to work for some people ... :thumbsup: ..... not telling anyone how to do something illegal here just stating what was reported to have been done by someone else .... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think this address change conversation applies only to more permanent visas, like 13A, correct?

For my tourist visa, the first time I renewed in Subic I just put my new address on the form.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

but first we had to go to the Purok Representative to get her endorsement

MIKE S , what is a "Purok Representative"?

i know that 1 must go to the barangay  to get a clearance but."Purok"? 

i ask as I dont know and sure others would too.

(thanks in advance)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

but first we had to go to the Purok Representative to get her endorsement

MIKE S , what is a "Purok Representative"?

i know that 1 must go to the barangay  to get a clearance but."Purok"? 

i ask as I dont know and sure others would too.

(thanks in advance)

Actually a Barangay is broken into several Purok's depending on the size of the Barangay .... a Purok is nothing more than the lowest form of local government .... each Purok has a Purok leader who reports to the Barangay Captain .... their actual function remains kinda clouded as well as their authority ..... we were told by the Barangay Capitan to get a clearance from the Purok leader before getting a Barangay clearance ..... no cost for the Purok clearance .....

I'm guessing that some Barangay's are more strict than others .... :thumbsup:

• Like 2