Boi Change Of Address

Americano
Posted
Posted

No. But I would think it would be more normal to tell them after you have moved than before.

More normal to tell them after you have moved in the countries we are from but don't forget we are talking about the Philippines were you can forget the word normal. In the Philippines you are required to report your proposed new address 24 hours before you move. Those who reported their change of address late and only had to pay a penalty were luck because you could have been prosecuted and if found guilty spent up to 6 months in prison.

If you are a Permanent Resident on a 13A on the back of your ACR I-card in very fine print is:

READ CAREFULLY

1. FOR FAILURE TO EXHIBIT CERTIFICATE ON DEMAND BY ANY IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL, OR ANY POLICE OFFICER SHALL SUBJECT HOLDER TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE FINE NOT EXCEEDING P100.00, OR UPON CONVICTION BE PUNISHED BY A FINE NOT EXCEEDING P200.00 OR IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 30 DAYS, OR BOTH (SEC. 7 RA562, AS AMENDED BY RA751)

2. FOR FAILURE TO GIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF RESIDENT ADDRESS, 24 HOURS BEFORE CHANGE IS EFFECTED, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FINE NOT EXCEEDING P500.00 OR UPON CONVICTION BE PUNISHED BY A FINE NOT EXCEEDING P1000.00 OR IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS, OR BOTH (SEC. 6 PAR. 2 RA 751)

3. FOR FAILURE TO REPORT WITHIN THE FIRST 60 DAYS OF EVERY YEAR, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FINE NOT EXCEEDING P100.00, OR UPON CONVICTION BE PUNISHED BY A FINE NOT EXCEEDING P200.00 OR IMPRISONMENT FOR NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS, OR BOTH (SEC. 10, PAR. 2, RA 562, AS AMENDED BY RA751)

The fines seem reasonable but who wants to spend 6 months in prison. The monetary fines and prison times don't match but that's the Philippines where you never know what to expect.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
In the Philippines you are required to report your proposed new address 24 hours before you move.
!!! So if I look at appartments/houses to rent and move in in one of them direct, then I will be a law breaker!!! Then I wouldn'r even know the new adress 24 hours ahead. A realy stupid law... :1 (103):
once deported it is almost impossible to get back unless of course you manipulate the spelling of your name on a new passport ..... :mocking: :mocking:
Oh! So if I ever will be deported, then I finaly perhaps can get some use of the inconvinience the priest have made my during the years by spelling my name with THREE errors in the parish birth book   :)   He registrated me in wrong parish too, perhaps he became so happy by anyone was born ALMOST in his small parish for years  :lol:
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thomas,

I think its stupid too and the second requirement is just as stupid. When you report your change of address 24 hours before its effective date you must also provide a Barangay Clearance from the Barangay you are going to move to. How can you get a Barangay Clearance before you even live there? What do they expect us to do pay a bribe to get one illegally? I had this discussion with an Immigration officer recently and he told me the requirements. Then I told him that where I live no one is illegible for a Barangay Clearance until they have lived there for 6 months. He didn't have an answer for that.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

United Army
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

I think its stupid too and the second requirement is just as stupid. When you report your change of address 24 hours before its effective date you must also provide a Barangay Clearance from the Barangay you are going to move to. How can you get a Barangay Clearance before you even live there? What do they expect us to do pay a bribe to get one illegally? I had this discussion with an Immigration officer recently and he told me the requirements. Then I told him that where I live no one is illegible for a Barangay Clearance until they have lived there for 6 months. He didn't have an answer for that.

The Philippines is a timewaster of a country, you waste your time and money.  I considered it a 4th world country.  And yes I'm leaving soon,..thank god..

• Like 1