Activation Of Windows

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well the windows activation was not hard at all .... the hardest part was trying to dial the numbers they gave for the Philippines .... the 1-800 numbers had to many numbers to them .... here is an example (not the real number) 1-800-1234-5678 .... both were typed this way .... so I just contacted the US number and did the phone vitrification ..... lots of numbers to repeat into the phone and then they give you a bunch more to type into the little boxes on the bottom of the phone .... pretty neat if i say so myself ....

Now you may ask why did you aggravate yourself by trying to validate it with a Phils number ..... well simple because the version of Windoz I have says it must be "Activated in Southeast Asia" ..... but anyway it worked using the US number ..... 

By the way this is the actual price I paid for it p6,900 and it is the full version not OEM ...... :thumbsup:

post-11-0-11970800-1380333624_thumb.jpg

:cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'd love to see your reaction to Windows 8... What a mess that is! At least with W7, it's not that much different!

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I'd love to see your reaction to Windows 8... What a mess that is! At least with W7, it's not that much different!

He would be pulling out his hair screaming and yelling most likely.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

What hair ..... :hystery:  ..... the yelling I can do ..... but only in private and very very softly ..... :mocking:  ..... you never know who's listening .... :thumbsup:

Bob .... unless Windoz makes it impossible to play my computer games with a drastic change  I won't ever have to change to Win8 .... after all I went from XP to Win7 ... so I feel I can skip a few OS's along the way ..... :dance:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What hair ..... :hystery: ..... the yelling I can do ..... but only in private and very very softly ..... :mocking: ..... you never know who's listening .... :thumbsup:

Bob .... unless Windoz makes it impossible to play my computer games with a drastic change I won't ever have to change to Win8 .... after all I went from XP to Win7 ... so I feel I can skip a few OS's along the way ..... :dance:

I can remember saying that when 98 came out... Then Vista... Then 2K... Then XP...

:)

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I went from DOS 3.1, 3.3, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.22, Win 95 R1, R2, 98R1, R2, ME, XP, Skipped Vista right to 7.

• Like 3

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I went from DOS 3.1, 3.3, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.22, Win 95 R1, R2, 98R1, R2, ME, XP, Skipped Vista right to 7.

What? no Windows 3.x or 3.11 Windows for Work-groups or the fun Windows NT 4.0? You missed the fun ones. NT 4.0 was the most picky OS I ever had to deal with.

Remember the days of loading Windows 95 from 3.5" floppy disks?

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

What? no Windows 3.x or 3.11 Windows for Work-groups or the fun Windows NT 4.0? You missed the fun ones. NT 4.0 was the most picky OS I ever had to deal with.

Remember the days of loading Windows 95 from 3.5" floppy disks?

I forgot to mention the Win 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 3.11 WG. I never used NT for my home but used them and W2K at work.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I got smart... After loading 2k over my 98 and then xp, I switched to Linux.

:)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Oh good ol' DOS ...... them were the good old days .... I even tried programing once .... was using COBOL .... first and last project was a wine glass with bubbles that came out of the top .... I worked 3 whole days (I can't remember code) and when I finally finished after umpteen tries I got everything except the bubbles wouldn't leave the glass ..... and that was my experience with programming .....

My first computer had Tandy DOS on it  .... or TRS-DOS as it was called back in the day .... only had a single 5.25 floppy and no HD .... I scrapped up enough to buy a single 3.5 external drive a few months later and thought I was in high cotton ....

Here is a picture of the BEAST from off the net .... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:  ..... took my income tax refund and bought it .... right from Radio Shack ..... even got some of the old 3.5 discs around here some where ..... make good conversational pieces ..... :mocking:

post-11-0-03405500-1380523370_thumb.jpg

• Like 2