Avoid Uraya Land Development

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

I am a bit embarrassed to post this, but things have gotten so bad here that its now like I am doing a simple public service.

I bought a house and land (land thru my fiancee--who btw agrees with this message) from Uraya Land Development at Villa de Mercedes in Davao City.  BIG MISTAKE.  No one is in charge here.  Contractors ignore rules or try to work with their Filipino friends in the Uraya administration to get around them.  I have gotten so many clearly hostile looks from some of the workers from these outside contractors that I carry a weapon with me just in case.  There have been multiple break ins and robberies at Villa de Mercedes.  It's a hostile environment if you are not a Filipino.  

I've send many hours going thru all the right channels and things get better for a little while, then its back to the same or worse.

So if you are an expat--forget about it. Forget about Uraya Land Development and especially Villa de Mercedes subdivision.  Any less "exclusive," less isolated development would be better.  I lived in a mid-level subdivision (Solariega) for a few of months before I purchased this hole, and it was much nicer.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My sympathies for you problems.  Its just one of the reasons why so many of us prefer to rent.

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

thanks for the update/warning and info regrading this situation.

have you made any other postings  on the OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES, pissed consumer.SULIT/avosditos

FACEBOOK

or create a Facebook account

regrading this   "hostile" environment

also consider a CCTV unit to "protect" yourself/property,

have you read or sought out INFO on the RP "legal"sites. eg, PINOYLAWYER.

, Last item.

have you bought a (LEGAL)book on civil code or on Property code ?

an inform consumer would at least know what LIMITED RIGHTS

he/she has in the wonderful. exciting country(excuse me while i use the cr).

as the previous poster :th_thbestpost:

Its just one of the reasons why so many of us prefer to rent.

you can always move if your unhappy.

LATE EDIT

make sure you always "KEEP CIVIL" not getting angry/not using a LOUD Voice,

yes these ppl have XXXX you .but just smile ,

as 1.being in davao you could find yourself ...... (deep S..T)

2. try someway to "record" your interactions w/this...

3. when you have an INTERACTION (a planned one) have your NOTES.your SPEECH prepared so that you attempt to present a case of what you see wrong.

by them knowing that you have "notes/speech" prepared . its less/more likely they may

distract from the issue at hand,

4, have a disinterested "friend" (one who remains silent)to observe what they say/do.

in my case it keeps me from going ".....,........"( well being a RUDE Axxxh//ole)

(have you ever noticed how some people have T-SHIRTS w/mr BIG SHOT picture or name of mr BIG SHOT

maybe this "friend" could wear one or 1 of the PAGIBAG /HURLB. )

last have you filed any BARANGAY REPORT  regarding the issues at hand.

it may help yet..... at least you have a report of what you experienced  

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

you can always move if your unhappy.

Something I am trying to convince my girlfriend of. 

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir for your post .... :AddEmoticons04230: ..... I know it is hard to tell people when you screw up .... the most prevalent thought is to keep it hidden from others ..... I suppose to avoid criticism or ridicule but you like myself don't mind what people think .... if it will help someone else from making the same mistake ..... I wish more people were like that ..... I gave up caring what or how people look at me years ago .... I know who and what I am and to me that's all that really matters ..... "know thy self" .... and .... "to thy own self be true" .... two very good and meaningful quotes ......

Thanks again .... :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:  

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's painful to read story's like yours I hope somehow there could be a good ending.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Yes. But in some cases there are no suiting houses to rent, so kind of "have to" built own.

(I will rent for at least a half year, but in the long run I want to live with no neighbours within at least 250 meters. Houses located like that are normaly haciendas (=to expensive) or nipa huts (=to small)   :)   so I will most likely have to build to get what I want. In "best" case I expect finding a land with

a) a to small house stationed at the "entrance" where the land connect to public road, which can suit to have an employed guard/worker living in in the long run. Can be OK for me to live in for a while.

b) or a to small stone house stationed far from public road and neighbours, where I want to live in the long run, a to small stone house, which suit to exband or use to something else in the long run.)

Markham
Posted
Posted

This is the development in Toril, west of Davao City, and which rather laughingly claims it is the "Tagaytay of Davao" - it's a mere 500 feet above sea level -  I take it.

If ordinances and regulations are being flouted then it may be an idea to pay a visit to the Mayor's office.

• Like 1

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

This is the development in Toril, west of Davao City, and which rather laughingly claims it is the "Tagaytay of Davao" - it's a mere 500 feet above sea level -  I take it.

If ordinances and regulations are being flouted then it may be an idea to pay a visit to the Mayor's office.

That's the spot.  And Uraya Land Development, Inc.has a few other such projects going. 

And it's about enforcement of the private subdivision's Deed of Restrictions.   There's been no crime--except that my brand new car's tires would mysteriously be punctured and flat in the morning: once two tires at once. (I had recently complained about a contractor working until 10pm.)  After two flats in one night parked in my carport, I complained.  So, I had about six flat tires there in two months, then two at once. Then I complained to the Developer and none now in the last 12 months. Suddenly my tires got real strong. 

Now that rose to the level of a crime and was was advised by Uraya, Inc. to take my suspicions to the barangay, but it's apparent that word got around because it stopped after that.

It's a matter of Uraya Inc being unable to handle outside contractors' behavior in a new Phase of development. There's wet market, VK bar-like behavior in an "exclusive" neighborhood. I'm the neighborhood. I have received many threatening looks from a few young men working here. I was that age once; I know that behavior, that look. Uraya, Inc has the best of stated intentions at the top of their administration,but further down the chain there is a wink,wink--nod,nod happening. It's a real disconnect. 

Anyway: Villa de Mercedes is "not as advertised."  If you are going to buy here--in the Philippines, at least have the sense to buy in a fully built up and established community.  Don't put your trust in promises.  I was foolish.  Don't be like me.