Avoid Uraya Land Development

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Excellent warning for all of us! Thank you sir!

Your statement "Don't put your trust in promises"... So very true! In a land where so many things change by the minute, even promises to yourself can be hard to keep!

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

And it's about enforcement of the private subdivision's Deed of Restrictions.

Now I understand your situation,

THESE PEOPLE who sell, make a "deed of restrictions"

so it looks good on paper YET its selectively enforced if at all.(like other laws.rules here in this country)

THESE PEOPLE who buy these homes and sign this "document" has no actual understanding or What the CONCEPT is behind of what this is,

when you move from a Squatter home to " nice home" these people have no intelligence to comprehend

of "how to live in a "private"community that has RULES.LAWS that contributes to a better "living environment"  ,

I sympathize FULLY w/your situation.

hopefully YOU CAN MAKE a decision that is best for you,

as for me, I would have NEVER BUY or bought any property UNTIL I TRULY  FELT that this was the place

as you can always choose your FRIENDS but never your neighbours    

regarding my choice of words/wording, I TONED IT DOWN a GREAT Deal as not to offend or seem to be Negative

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

>T Monk

You are not alone.

E g at http://www.pinoylawyer.org/   (which Btw I believe Pittman Appartment Sgn show me) there are Pinoys, who are complaining about similar situations, so such crap don't only happens to foreigners.

E g in one such subdivision the builder even refuse owners to inspect the building situation at the houses they have bought !!!   And one Pinoy got big mess because the bank refused the loan, probably by the house is far from ready, although it suppoused to be ready a long time ago...  :1 (103):

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

does your wife/partner feel the same way as you do ?

you stated that in the past "certain" things happen

when you confronted some of the workers or the development.

after thinking of this situation and reviewing past articles in the forum.

I would SUGGEST very STRONGLY that your wife/partner . the one who's name is on the TITLE/PROPERTY

is the one who does the interaction w/this firm,

why??

1. if I/we/you "get angry" with flipinos this can cause them to "lose face"( i think thats what i recall)

and being "white" can make the situation worse. or even get you deported/killed.

If its the wife/partner (WOMAN) who is the one dealing with them, it reduces your visibility .

2. you said that the "young men" stared or  gave you looks. . just ignore them, YET if they give your "wife"

the looks . You would be able make a case before the barangay that she and you feel threaten,

POINT i am trying to make is that a Filpina woman when angry is not a woman you want to be around or to deal with,

her looks and actions can be "deadly" yet a few seconds later she can appear like nothing has ever happen,

use her ,this ability to assist your case.

last note. make sure you keep your visa/BI paperwork UP TO DATE,

If someone is ROYALLY pissed ,

They could try to cause some problems, 

also try to make "friends" in high places that could be of help or value to you.

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

Thank you your response & suggestions.

My fiancee feels just as I do more so, tho being a woman doesn't feel the physical threat personally as I do.  She happened to mention the other day something like what you observed: that as a woman here-- in some physical confrontation everything would be loaded in her favor legally.  There would  be no question as to who started anything.  One shouldn't touch a woman here in anger, which is how I was brought up anyway.

She was getting "wolf whistles" from some workers for awhile until she gave that glare, and she has done almost all of the confrontations if only because she speaks Filipino and most of these people's English comprehension is not so good.  It's Cebano here & since she speaks mainly Tagalog, they've mocked her in Tagalog.

I don't think verbally expressing anger would get me deported, but it might get me killed. I do restrain myself but I won't act like a mouse all the time.

All the workers here need IDs and police clearance before they are admitted to this gated "exclusive" subdivision, and I have a list of all their names here.  But still, break-ins happen and I am sure if someone were intent on killing me and then getting away for awhile they could.  .

That's what this place is like.  I feel apprehensive whenever I walk out to my carport and when I am returning home--except on Sundays when that construction company is gone.  It just humiliating.  That's what I bought for a high price. 

Uraya Land Development, Inc. doesn't /can't enforce its own Subdivision restrictions.  Their Marketing Department was here in my living room last Saturday and stated they would post a guard, but we see nothing different in that regard. They were going to have the Contractor sign some notice or something and things got better for about a day, but now I am at home and hear them hear whoop,whoop, whooping unnecessarily. I got some long stares when opened the carport gate again this morning. Not hostile, but watching me. They are not singing and playing the boom,boom radio but I think its just a matter of time.   

Workers here not under that contractor always repeat the that group we are dealing with is "stubborn" --That's what it translate as, but I don't think I am getting a full meaning by what they are saying with just "stubborn." 

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
If ordinances and regulations are being flouted then it may be an idea to pay a visit to the Mayor's office.
Talk about hold some big feet to the coals huh? :hystery: :hystery: