Chase Bank

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Hey all, I have my New York City pension direct deposit into my USA Chase bank account. I remember seeing a Chase bank in Cebu near IT park. Anyone use Chase bank in Philippines with a USA account? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Chase Bank (philippines) is a SEPARATE banking UNIT from CHASE BANK (USA)

just as Citibank (philippines) is separate from Citibank (NA/USA)

just as HSBC.Standard bank, etc etc....

and since CHASE BANK is limited in the "branches" that exist, perhaps you should consider 

another bank that you can transfer into.. (HINT BPI)

could the CHASE BANK sign you saw be for Jp morgan/chase bank  call center,

as in the NCR(national capital region) .actually in taguig

their too is a sign for Jp morgan/chase bank

but its for their US call center

operations

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Right, Chase has no affiliated banks outside the US. The office in Cebu is a call center, also one in Makati. Chase is among the worst for foreign withdrawal fees - $5 flat fee+3%+lousy exchange rate. 

• Like 1

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Chase Bank (philippines) is a SEPARATE banking UNIT from CHASE BANK (USA)

just as Citibank (philippines) is separate from Citibank (NA/USA)

just as HSBC.Standard bank, etc etc....

and since CHASE BANK is limited in the "branches" that exist, perhaps you should consider

another bank that you can transfer into.. (HINT BPI)

could the CHASE BANK sign you saw be for Jp morgan/chase bank call center,

as in the NCR(national capital region) .actually in taguig

their too is a sign for Jp morgan/chase bank

but its for their US call center

operations

So how could I do it? Open a BPI account in Cebu ? Will I be able to transfer funds from my USA chase account to my Philippine BPI account? Sorry I'm really confused on this

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Have your bank transferring a standard amount every month to a local Filipino bank BDO BPI etc and if you need more than that...you can always get by other means of communication with your bank, ask them before you leave.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

So how could I do it? Open a BPI account in Cebu ? Will I be able to transfer funds from my USA chase account to my Philippine BPI account?

Chase currently charges $40 for an international wire transfer, $45 for international currency.  

https://www.chase.com/business-banking/online-banking/wire-transfer#!wiretransferstab:wiretransferstab3

There are a number of companies that offer much lower fees, Xoom is one.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you are going to be in the Philippines a long time then you can use the check deposit method that many do, like me.  My U.S. bank is Chase as well.

Open a BPI dollar account and a BPI peso account.  Write a Chase check to yourself and deposit it in your BPI dollar account.  It will take 21-30 days for the funds to be available.  Transfer to your peso account as needed, or when the exchange rate is good.  BPI has better than average exchange rates.

• Like 1

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

Thanks , I finally got this figured out. I went to Metro Bank here in New York. Opened a peso passbook savings account and am going to have my SSD & pension direct deposit into that account . The only thing is I had to choose only one metro bank as my main branch in Cebu where I HAVE to go to get my money. But there's no fees involved.! I'm happy

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing I was wondering about... Chase credit cards... I know in Canada all credit cards charge an extra 2.5% above the posted exchange rate for foreign transactions EXCEPT Chase cards. Chase charges the posted exchange rate only.

Is it the same in all countries for Chase?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks , I finally got this figured out. I went to Metro Bank here in New York. Opened a peso passbook savings account and am going to have my SSD & pension direct deposit into that account . The only thing is I had to choose only one metro bank as my main branch in Cebu where I HAVE to go to get my money. But there's no fees involved.! I'm happy

If they give you an ATM debit card with an MC/Visa emblem you can go to almost any ATM in the country and there should be no charge at Metrobank ATMs. Your location says Carcar, there's a Metrobank branch and a couple of ATMs in the Gaisano there, frequently offline.

• Like 1