Chase Bank

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

anthonytt, on 03 Oct 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Does anyone know if I need to bring a letter or something from my chase bank to the Philippines to open the dollar account BPI ? Thanks

As the previous poster has said you "DONT NEED"

but...... if you have 1. it would impress the bank manager

that your status is" good"

its another 1 of those things that you really dont need Yet it could come on handy

Thanks I need to go speak to my banks manager here too just in case May need his help one day

the point i am trying to make.

in the US or other major countries use both your Credit score/history as part of the "banking"process

the manager some lee away in that process.

THE Process here

1.has NO  central Credit reporting agency

2. the Bank manager here is very RISK avoidance

they dont want to "risk" the banks money. yet they will let you risk all your money,

(at least what i have seen/experienced )

By having a "letter of recommendation/introduction"

this can increase the banks manager's confidence so he knows his " new customer/client" better

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

I just make a checking acct deposit in my Charles Scwab Bank and can withdraw cash at any ATM in the phils and get full reinbursement of all fees. I usually got to citibank where I can withdraw 15k at a time.

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted

Anyone read this yet. i got it from the Ecudator Expat group one of my pals is in.As you have probably heard Chase Bank has announced that after
Nov. 17th, 2013 (next month) their customers will no longer be able
to wire money out of the U.S.  Most financial analyst agree that all
other banks will follow Chase's policy very soon

That sure sucks. Now what can er do.Mark

Hey all, I have my New York City pension direct deposit into my USA Chase bank account. I remember seeing a Chase bank in Cebu near IT park. Anyone use Chase bank in Philippines with a USA account? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
their customers will no longer be able to wire money out of the U.S. Most financial analyst agree that all other banks will follow Chase's policy very soon

their are many other banks and services that allows one to transfer/send/remit ones money out of the USA

chase is just one of the major US banks,

(since i've not been back to the usa in 12plus yrs I cant give names of others that could)

One means of transfer is your CREDIT UNION or at least inquire on USAA, they will never SHUT DOWN ( my fingers are crossed) their FUNDS/Wire transfer services is geared to those who live overseas( military )

a few of the Philippine banks has Office in the USA just inquire if you can avail of their services before you move

BPI,PNB,Metrobank are 3 that i am aware of

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted

their customers will no longer be able to wire money out of the U.S. Most financial analyst agree that all other banks will follow Chase's policy very soon

I am getting so tired of the IRS,and the State Dept. bothering expats about transfer of funds that belong to them,Wonder what that will do to my private annunity bank transfer. well they deposit it not the bank. I heard that anyone can use USAA is that true? But don't you still have to do the $10,000 thing. Like having a transfer of let's say $100,000K to let's say a title company to but a home in the P.I. Oh hey I'm not military.Ok,i'll have to check on the P.I. ones in the USA. Well i just wanted to let exeryone knows about Chase. My Pal in Ecudator is not happy. he has Chase. Whoops. I'll tell him about USSA. Thanks.Mark

their are many other banks and services that allows one to transfer/send/remit ones money out of the USA

chase is just one of the major US banks,

(since i've not been back to the usa in 12plus yrs I cant give names of others that could)

One means of transfer is your CREDIT UNION or at least inquire on USAA, they will never SHUT DOWN ( my fingers are crossed) their FUNDS/Wire transfer services is geared to those who live overseas( military )

a few of the Philippine banks has Office in the USA just inquire if you can avail of their services before you move

BPI,PNB,Metrobank are 3 that i am aware of

markpa
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, well with the great state of confusion and the government of the USA, Its almost now what do you do;.I had a thought, Ok they ghot you on your personal banking account's. Now the question is what about business account's. No mention about them. I have 2 business account's. Wells Fargo,and Bank of America. I went to BofA and asked one of the business bank account persons, if I had to buy something in let's say, Italy, would I have any problems in sending money over there.for that purchase? Nope none. And since its a business purchase,and International Trade,they don't want to mess with that too much. My next question i asked was can or could i have money transfered to the P.I.,and since a private annunity pais to me every month is considered a income I maybe able to have that deposited in my business account.That's still pending. last and not least,the good old ATM'S, bless them.You could depending on your retirement,pension,etc, be of great value to you.Noone can stop you from maxing out,(LOL except the charge's for using them) I could do that every day.Say i has 8 accounts maxed out at $250K a piece, you are allowed to bring in country $10,000K. You cound depending on your wealth,and funds,  bring into country alot more then that. Does any of this sound like it might work. And people ask me why i want out of the USA, unbelieveable. If and I say if on Nov.17th Chase and many of the USA banks refuse to send money to The P.I.,and the rest of the world, ATM'S of the world watchout, there going to be used alot more, just so you can eat,and pay rent,etc.

Ok one more thng, I have a private annunity,not from a bank thankk god,What stops me from having them instead of depositing my money in a USA bank, deposit the funds in  a P>I. bank???  Their not a bank, nor are they in part or whole a FDIC controlled enity. They are a private company. Now think I might get that to work?? I think alot depends on the banks in the P.I. too.They got to still allow deposits from the USA. That might be a big problem, but if its not from a bank,or anything resembling a bank, maybe that would work.Ok,Ok, I sit here thinking of ways to screw the USA, after all their having a jolly old time screwing us. Oh I also made a topic in the Health Care Blog.After everything is said you'll proberly think I'm wacked.

Thanks ebveryone. Mark

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, well with the great state of confusion and the government of the USA, Its almost now what do you do;.I had a thought, Ok they ghot you on your personal banking account's. Now the question is what about business account's. No mention about them. I have 2 business account's. Wells Fargo,and Bank of America. I went to BofA and asked one of the business bank account persons, if I had to buy something in let's say, Italy, would I have any problems in sending money over there.for that purchase? Nope none. And since its a business purchase,and International Trade,they don't want to mess with that too much. My next question i asked was can or could i have money transfered to the P.I.,and since a private annunity pais to me every month is considered a income I maybe able to have that deposited in my business account.That's still pending. last and not least,the good old ATM'S, bless them.You could depending on your retirement,pension,etc, be of great value to you.Noone can stop you from maxing out,(LOL except the charge's for using them) I could do that every day.Say i has 8 accounts maxed out at $250K a piece, you are allowed to bring in country $10,000K. You cound depending on your wealth,and funds,  bring into country alot more then that. Does any of this sound like it might work. And people ask me why i want out of the USA, unbelieveable. If and I say if on Nov.17th Chase and many of the USA banks refuse to send money to The P.I.,and the rest of the world, ATM'S of the world watchout, there going to be used alot more, just so you can eat,and pay rent,etc.

Ok one more thng, I have a private annunity,not from a bank thankk god,What stops me from having them instead of depositing my money in a USA bank, deposit the funds in  a P>I. bank???  Their not a bank, nor are they in part or whole a FDIC controlled enity. They are a private company. Now think I might get that to work?? I think alot depends on the banks in the P.I. too.They got to still allow deposits from the USA. That might be a big problem, but if its not from a bank,or anything resembling a bank, maybe that would work.Ok,Ok, I sit here thinking of ways to screw the USA, after all their having a jolly old time screwing us. Oh I also made a topic in the Health Care Blog.After everything is said you'll proberly think I'm wacked.

Thanks ebveryone. Mark

You don't have to do wire transfers to the Philippines or use your USA bank card at a Philippines ATM. Just open a USD and peso account at a Philippine bank (once you are in the Philippines) and write a check on your US bank to deposit in your Philippine bank USD account. No fees for this, only limitation is you have to wait 3-4 weeks before you can use the deposited funds. Then you can transfer USD to your peso account using foreign exchange. I do this with the Philippines bank BPI and it works great. I can even do my fx transfers from my USD account to my peso account online.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

ust open a USD and peso account at a Philippine bank (once you are in the Philippines) and write a check on your US bank to deposit in your Philippine bank USD account.

Most of the banks where I live are over 2 hours away so driving a 5 hr round trip over crappy roads to deposit a piece of paper and wait 3 or 4 weeks...well, doesn't work for me and a lot of others. I personally think this is a lot of panic, just my opinion. 

markpa
Posted
Posted

Thanks ebveryone. Mark

Hi thank syou for the i8nformation. I thought they didn't take checks there at all. Should I make alll checks i write under $10,000K in US funds? Ok so i shgould open 2 bank accounts 1 for a US dollar amount,and 1 for a peso account then? Or a peso checking and a US savings account? Sorry I'm a little confused about doing things there,or i'm being stupid. Thank You again. mark

You don't have to do wire transfers to the Philippines or use your USA bank card at a Philippines ATM. Just open a USD and peso account at a Philippine bank (once you are in the Philippines) and write a check on your US bank to deposit in your Philippine bank USD account. No fees for this, only limitation is you have to wait 3-4 weeks before you can use the deposited funds. Then you can transfer USD to your peso account using foreign exchange. I do this with the Philippines bank BPI and it works great. I can even do my fx transfers from my USD account to my peso account online.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

if one needs to "transfer " a large amount of funds,

perhaps one should consult the AMERICAN CHAMBER of COMMERCE(amcam?)

or 1 of the other" expat"  Chamber of Commerce .

even thou your $$ is or could be for personal use they could give a much better Insight that this forum

(my comment is not to be offensive.. sometimes on some issues a better source should be consulted )