Unbelievable

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If I lived here for 200 years I don't think I will ever get to understand why things are done the way they are here ..... today we went shopping in Ayala grocery store ... we got this nice flier while passing through the door and right on the front page taking up a good 1/4 of the page was this notice stating that if your birthday or anniversary was between such and such date that you were entitled for a FREE birthday cake with any purchase of p2000 .... :dance:

Well to make a long story short we purchased our groceries and my asawa took my driver license and ACR I card along with the sales slip to the bake shop for our free cake ..... :540:

Well did you enjoy your free cake you ask???? ....

Nope it seems they want a copy of your birth certificate and NO other identification will satisfy them .... I guess everyone who goes shopping carries a copy of their BC around with them ....... they also keep the copy of your BC so even if I did have a copy of my BC with me I would not have given they a copy anyway ..... no telling where it will end up ..... :th_unfair:

:cheersty:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

... we got this nice flier while passing through the door and right on the front page taking up a good 1/4 of the page was this notice stating that if your birthday or anniversary was between such and such date that you were entitled for a FREE birthday cake with any purchase of p2000 .... :dance:

If you look very closely (using a microscope), you would see in small print: YOU STUPID DOUCHE BAG -- GOTCHA AGAIN! 

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

That sounds about right... welcome to the Philippines!   :tiphat:

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

report this to the MALL MANAGEMENT and DTI,

all "promos" should have a "approved by DTI ,, (blank blank ) series 2013" at the lower corner.

I know one forum member who did this, and this XXXX was not repeated, as this Mall did not tolerate such :714_full_of_crap:  

altho I dont use FACEBBOOK or other social media,(well i do use complaint sites.eg pissed consumer ..)

TRY making a complaint. who knows what results can happen

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

report this to the MALL MANAGEMENT and DTI,

all "promos" should have a "approved by DTI ,, (blank blank ) series 2013" at the lower corner.

I know one forum member who did this, and this XXXX was not repeated, as this Mall did not tolerate such :714_full_of_crap:  

altho I dont use FACEBBOOK or other social media,(well i do use complaint sites.eg pissed consumer ..)

TRY making a complaint. who knows what results can happen

Good suggestion ...... BUT ...... just one problem ..... Ayala owns the mall and it is their grocery store ..... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

Someone asking for a copy of your birth certificate for no valid reason should raise your warning signs of possible identity theft. I don't know if its a problem in the Philippines but in some other countries it is, so if someone gets your personal information in the Philippines how do you know they will not sell it to someone in another country. I can't think of any other reason why someone would want a copy of your birth certificate in a store.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Now I fully understand that they have to seek some kind of proof that you were born between the dates they gave but to refuse to accept 2 government issued identification cards to me is a bit much ..... and then to ask for a copy of the ID for their records is IMHO asking for an invasion of privacy (if they have that here) ..... but then I guess they have to PROVE that someone actually got the cake (which by the way we found out later was only good for 2 people) and that it wasn't stolen or given to friends or relatives .....  :thumbsup:

Imagine they go to such great lengths here to protect a p100 cake but they can't seem to protect billions in pork barrel funds ..... maybe they should let Ayala grocery stores handle the governments pork barrel in the future ...... they at least have a security system in place .....  :hystery:  :hystery: ..... JMHO

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Not to excuse this lunacy but I don't think the typical person has a driver's license. Why would they need one? Yesterday I had a delivery and had to stand in the pouring rain to sign my name 6 times. It will never change.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

NO other identification will satisfy them .

Yet! this is one of those ID's, that does not bear a photograph of the owner. some security, methinks, could be anyone's BC well, foreigner anyways  :morning1:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What else is there to say but Happy Birthday Mike S   :540:   :flamebd:

• Like 3