Stay's? Huh!

markpa
Posted
Posted

I've read now several time's now on here about 2,3,6 time's stay's. What about a forever stay?? The whole objective of moving to the P.I. is to never go back to the USA. I planned on using the retirement visa program. doesn't seem all that hard. Or is it? Oh another thing If i were to buy a business there would I have to give up a retirement via. Or would i get another type of visa?And still stay in country.There are 2 hospitals for sale  one near Manila the other one is in the Bacoor area,well thats close to Manila, More like Cavite. Confusing.  Ok well maybe someone can reply on this ok. Thanks.Mark

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Are you former US military? The Philippine Retirement Authority will be offering a Courtesy visa that requires the initial application fee of $1,400 and very little for the annual renewal.

The PRA SRRV program retirement age starts at 35. There are visa holders from China, Korea, Pakistan, etc. who are young businessmen and entrepreneurs.. It's a substitute to obtaining permanent residency status, which is more difficult to get.

Why hospitals? If I have more details, I can provide additional information. For example, visas are also available through the Philippine Board of Investment. It's a permanent residency visa provided the business continues to exist. They are similar to the Treaty Trader and Treaty Investor visas offered by the United States to foreign nationals. As implied in the word "Treaty" these visas are based on mutual agreements between two countries. 

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Some great questions JJReyes, I too was struck by the "hospitals for sale" I must admit that also was intriguing. Just on that subject, there is a relatively new hospital here in Angeles, that has been empty for years, although it looks like it has been maintained, (at least from the outside). It was shut down after it was revealed that it was involved in some kind of scam with Medicaid in the US?

It has always struck me as odd, that such a newish building, in a great location, and already set up as a hospital, with sooooo many expats living here in Angeles has never reopened! Also that there is not adequate ambulance service here either. Believe me there are a great number of expats living here who all complain about the hospitals in the Philippines in general, and that there is little or non existent emergency services provided here in Angeles.

I have tried to do some research on this hospital, but have found nothing, so will need to talk to a few of the old time residents here to find out more.

Papa Carl

brock
Posted
Posted

Mark if you have that much money, Why risk it in a business in the Philippines ?

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mark if you have that much money, Why risk it in a business in the Philippines ?

If I read between the lines, I think he means that he just found out what his new health insurance premiums will be under Obamacare, and for the same money he can buy a hospital over here!   :hystery:

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
Some great questions JJReyes, I too was struck by the "hospitals for sale" I must admit that also was intriguing. Just on that subject, there is a relatively new hospital here in Angeles, that has been empty for years, although it looks like it has been maintained, (at least from the outside). It was shut down after it was revealed that it was involved in some kind of scam with Medicaid in the US?

The scam involved TriCare, the medical insurance program for active and retired military. Unlike Medicare, TriCare is portable. I don't know if the story is real, but supposedly an American claimed a medical problem requiring open heart surgery in the Philippines. The hospital bills were over $100,000. When the American visited the United States, he suffered a heart attack. His medical records indicated open heart surgery and there were no scars on his chest. The Pilipino doctor was lured to the United States by an invitation to attend a medical conference. FBI agents were waiting to arrest him at the airport. Both went to jail. The certification to provide TriCare services was withdrawn and all other hospitals and medical clinics were required to obtain re-certification. 

If I read between the lines, I think he means that he just found out what his new health insurance premiums will be under Obamacare, and for the same money he can buy a hospital over here!   :hystery:

I am finally over my shock regarding the 2014 health insurance premiums under Obamacare. My co-pay ceiling is $4,500 a year and I am covered under Medicare! My plan is to write an article this week and hopefully get it published in a Philippine newspaper. 

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

markpa
Posted
Posted

Well i'm not all that rich. The one in Bacoor, is only 1M th4e other one is near cavite,and sells for around $500K. that's not a very big risk to me.

The government does take some of the risk out of it, but i have to explore that more, seems like in the USA, Bacoor and the Tricom? I think, pays up to 1M for the poor you take care of,but you do have to submit paperwork to get the money. Beside's if nothing else i'll have a business up and running taking some more of the risk from me. Hey if nothing else, if neither one worked out, i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.Thanks.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted

Ok, you got me LMAO!That was a good one about Obamacare. Thanks I needed a good laugh!.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted

Hi Papa tanks for the info about the hospital.Gee thats a shame about it getting closed down like that.No real ambulance service there huh. Is kit Red Cross or hospital run? Actually i was looking into both. Ambulance service or a hospital, but one of the ones i saw had a ambulance service included and based at the hospital. I'm looking into Making money of course is a prority some what, But i don't need a income for myself. Really to tell you the truth, i have to wait till i get there. I'm looking for a year on the outside. One of those lingering question's is can I get ambulance's shippied duty free to the P.I. That might take some doing, but can be a do,if done right. Thanks for the information, I went to Angeles in the 60's, boy was it bad there then. Mark

It has always struck me as odd, that such a newish building, in a great location, and already set up as a hospital, with sooooo many expats living here in Angeles has never reopened! Also that there is not adequate ambulance service here either. Believe me there are a great number of expats living here who all complain about the hospitals in the Philippines in general, and that there is little or non existent emergency services provided here in Angeles.

I have tried to do some research on this hospital, but have found nothing, so will need to talk to a few of the old time residents here to find out more.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well i'm not all that rich. The one in Bacoor, is only 1M th4e other one is near cavite,and sells for around $500K. that's not a very big risk to me.

The government does take some of the risk out of it, but i have to explore that more, seems like in the USA, Bacoor and the Tricom? I think, pays up to 1M for the poor you take care of,but you do have to submit paperwork to get the money. Beside's if nothing else i'll have a business up and running taking some more of the risk from me. Hey if nothing else, if neither one worked out, i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.Thanks.Mark

Hello MarkPa,

Investing your $$ in any type of business in the Philippines will ultimately give you a high return of investment IF you

have all the connections (street level to government) properly connected.....he, he.  And among all those connections

(barangay captains, mayors, PNP, etc).....who can you trust?  Will that trust continue when new city officials take over?  

I strongly recommend to take an extended vacation and do a informal feasibility study of location and type of business.  

However, even if your business is very unique, the following week will be reverse engineered, copied and repackaged.  

You could file a grievance, hiring the best lawyer but then you need to go deeper in your pocket to pay off the judge.  

The corruption machine is well lubricated and run by the 3 G's: guns, goons and gold.  Please be prepare to have an

exit plan, even going back to the States temporarily. 

.........i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.

Your statement above should be your (our) motto to enjoy the rest of our lives.  Isn't the definition of retirement is to live

in peace, with zero stress and absolutely have no concept of time.  You (we) should be on island time.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 2