Stay's? Huh!

markpa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well i'm not all that rich. The one in Bacoor, is only 1M th4e other one is near cavite,and sells for around $500K. that's not a very big risk to me.

The government does take some of the risk out of it, but i have to explore that more, seems like in the USA, Bacoor and the Tricom? I think, pays up to 1M for the poor you take care of,but you do have to submit paperwork to get the money. Beside's if nothing else i'll have a business up and running taking some more of the risk from me. Hey if nothing else, if neither one worked out, i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.Thanks.Mark

Mark if you have that much money, Why risk it in a business in the Philippines ?

If I read between the lines, I think he means that he just found out what his new health insurance premiums will be under Obamacare, and for the same money he can buy a hospital over here!   :hystery:

Hello MarkPa,

Investing your $$ in any type of business in the Philippines will ultimately give you a high return of investment IF you

have all the connections (street level to government) properly connected.....he, he.  And among all those connections

(barangay captains, mayors, PNP, etc).....who can you trust?  Will that trust continue when new city officials take over?  

I strongly recommend to take an extended vacation and do a informal feasibility study of location and type of business.  

However, even if your business is very unique, the following week will be reverse engineered, copied and repackaged.  

You could file a grievance, hiring the best lawyer but then you need to go deeper in your pocket to pay off the judge.  

The corruption machine is well lubricated and run by the 3 G's: guns, goons and gold.  Please be prepare to have an

exit plan, even going back to the States temporarily. 

.........i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.

Your statement above should be your (our) motto to enjoy the rest of our lives.  Isn't the definition of retirement is to live

in peace, with zero stress and absolutely have no concept of time.  You (we) should be on island time.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Hi Jake. You are oh so right. So the only stress is here selling my properities and my business. Grab the money, and in 15 hour's be in the P.I.,well ok then the only stress i'll have is getting my cedula there. The ARC-1 card right. I am going to try and play this right, I already decided to hire a immigration in the P.I.(theres goes some of the money) to get me thru it ok.I know, alot of people will say don't do it. Its all just so confusing.I'd rather just be having fun. I also want to help a orpanage there.They have a program there where you can host a birthday party for the kids. Now that i can do and have fun.Its a small price to pay to help out the kids there.I've read and seen photos of the poor in the P.I.,actually it was bad but not as bad as it is now.Ok, i'm a soft touch when it come's to kids. Outside of that. maybe visit some of the old US bases,and places like Cavite,and WW2 places. Ok, i don't drink, and god never do drugs, (gee i must be boring) But i still want to attend some of the expat gatherings there. Mkae new friends, both expat's and fillipino ones too. Thank you for your encouragement. Mark

Edited by Jake
spill chek my comments
  • Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hi Papa tanks for the info about the hospital.Gee thats a shame about it getting closed down like that.No real ambulance service there huh. Is kit Red Cross or hospital run? Actually i was looking into both. Ambulance service or a hospital, but one of the ones i saw had a ambulance service included and based at the hospital. I'm looking into Making money of course is a prority some what, But i don't need a income for myself. Really to tell you the truth, i have to wait till i get there. I'm looking for a year on the outside. One of those lingering question's is can I get ambulance's shippied duty free to the P.I. That might take some doing, but can be a do,if done right. Thanks for the information, I went to Angeles in the 60's, boy was it bad there then. Mark

Some great questions JJReyes, I too was struck by the "hospitals for sale" I must admit that also was intriguing. Just on that subject, there is a relatively new hospital here in Angeles, that has been empty for years, although it looks like it has been maintained, (at least from the outside). It was shut down after it was revealed that it was involved in some kind of scam with Medicaid in the US?

It has always struck me as odd, that such a newish building, in a great location, and already set up as a hospital, with sooooo many expats living here in Angeles has never reopened! Also that there is not adequate ambulance service here either. Believe me there are a great number of expats living here who all complain about the hospitals in the Philippines in general, and that there is little or non existent emergency services provided here in Angeles.

I have tried to do some research on this hospital, but have found nothing, so will need to talk to a few of the old time residents here to find out more.

Papa Carl

Hi Mark,

I found out some more about this hospital, it was opened on Aug.16 2003, by the Governor etc. Just built, as the Philippine International Hospital, 654 Malabanias Road, Plaridel 1, Angeles City Pampanga, (post code 2009)

It had 141 rooms, 120 beds, Kitchen, Laundry, Dental, Surgical, and Operating rooms.

The hospital closed in 2006, when the scandal hit about Tricare.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20080427-132943/RP-firm-in-swindle-case-closed-since-2006

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news/view/20080426-132778/US-wants-5-or-6-people-extradited-for-health-scam

It was at least partially owned and operated by Health Vision Corporation  - Head Office in Subic Bay

Valued at 450 million pesos in 2006, it is considered to be worth less than half of that now.

After HVC closed, the management was taken over and the name changed to Divine Shepherd Medical Center leased the hospital from it’s closing date in 2006 until some time in 2009, when it was finally shut down. (I can't confirm what date exactly as yet)

That  is as much as I have been able to find out, accept, quite a few expats here used to go to this hospital, and primarily said it was very good value for money, and even had major surgery done there. The dental surgery, left the hospital and opened at new premises and is one of the top Dental Surgeries currently in Angeles.

I do believe that both JJ, and Jake have given you very good advice, in regards to spending some time travelling and looking into areas of investment before committing to anything.

I know the Mayor, Governor and all public officials have been looking for an investor to reopen this hospital, and are willing to assist with incentives etc. There was talk of opening this hospital as a major birthing hospital for the locals, with heavy subsidies from both local and national governments, as the death rate of mothers giving birth is relatively high here.

As the BPO industry is growing here, and now that The Philippines is number 1 in the world in voice processes, and number 2 in the world with non voice, there has been a great deal of investment in that area. This has created growth in other areas like English Language, and 24 hour retail like 7/11 etc. Most especially in land development and building to accommodate most of these new start ups.

There are good investments here in the Philippines, just ask the Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese who are the current heavy investors. However there are a great number of scams also, so be very very very careful before letting go of any of your money!

Papa Carl

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think you can get a really good deal on this one!  Some refurbishing required!

http://youtu.be/StVCzYIhFdM

Sorry, I couldn't resist!   :bash:

• Like 2

markpa
Posted
Posted

Hi Papa tanks for the info about the hospital.Gee thats a shame about it getting closed down like that.No real ambulance service there huh. Is kit Red Cross or hospital run? Actually i was looking into both. Ambulance service or a hospital, but one of the ones i saw had a ambulance service included and based at the hospital. I'm looking into Making money of course is a prority some what, But i don't need a income for myself. Really to tell you the truth, i have to wait till i get there. I'm looking for a year on the outside. One of those lingering question's is can I get ambulance's shippied duty free to the P.I. That might take some doing, but can be a do,if done right. Thanks for the information, I went to Angeles in the 60's, boy was it bad there then. Mark

Some great questions JJReyes, I too was struck by the "hospitals for sale" I must admit that also was intriguing. Just on that subject, there is a relatively new hospital here in Angeles, that has been empty for years, although it looks like it has been maintained, (at least from the outside). It was shut down after it was revealed that it was involved in some kind of scam with Medicaid in the US?

It has always struck me as odd, that such a newish building, in a great location, and already set up as a hospital, with sooooo many expats living here in Angeles has never reopened! Also that there is not adequate ambulance service here either. Believe me there are a great number of expats living here who all complain about the hospitals in the Philippines in general, and that there is little or non existent emergency services provided here in Angeles.

I have tried to do some research on this hospital, but have found nothing, so will need to talk to a few of the old time residents here to find out more.

Papa Carl

Hi Mark,

I found out some more about this hospital, it was opened on Aug.16 2003, by the Governor etc. Just built, as the Philippine International Hospital, 654 Malabanias Road, Plaridel 1, Angeles City Pampanga, (post code 2009)

It had 141 rooms, 120 beds, Kitchen, Laundry, Dental, Surgical, and Operating rooms.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20080427-132943/RP-firm-in-swindle-case-closed-since-2006

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/news/view/20080426-132778/US-wants-5-or-6-people-extradited-for-health-scam

It was at least partially owned and operated by Health Vision Corporation  - Head Office in Subic Bay

Valued at 450 million pesos in 2006, it is considered to be worth less than half of that now.

After HVC closed, the management was taken over and the name changed to Divine Shepherd Medical Center leased the hospital from it’s closing date in 2006 until some time in 2009, when it was finally shut down. (I can't confirm what date exactly as yet)

That  is as much as I have been able to find out, accept, quite a few expats here used to go to this hospital, and primarily said it was very good value for money, and even had major surgery done there. The dental surgery, left the hospital and opened at new premises and is one of the top Dental Surgeries currently in Angeles.

I do believe that both JJ, and Jake have given you very good advice, in regards to spending some time travelling and looking into areas of investment before committing to anything.

I know the Mayor, Governor and all public officials have been looking for an investor to reopen this hospital, and are willing to assist with incentives etc. There was talk of opening this hospital as a major birthing hospital for the locals, with heavy subsidies from both local and national governments, as the death rate of mothers giving birth is relatively high here.

As the BPO industry is growing here, and now that The Philippines is number 1 in the world in voice processes, and number 2 in the world with non voice, there has been a great deal of investment in that area. This has created growth in other areas like English Language, and 24 hour retail like 7/11 etc. Most especially in land development and building to accommodate most of these new start ups.

There are good investments here in the Philippines, just ask the Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese who are the current heavy investors. However there are a great number of scams also, so be very very very careful before letting go of any of your money!

Papa Carl

Papa Carl, did you do some digging. Wow nice hospital.Its a shame a place that big goes down the tubes in a very short time as far as hospitals go. I can see why the government would like to see it open up again, and I bet some of the incentives would be very benificial to a new owner.A birthing place would be a good idea. Between that and a more active EMS center would be benifical to everyone.It seems that anyone having a real emergency in the out laying areas or is not that good if they do offer some form of Emergency type service to the locals and tourists.I too agree with you,jj,and jake in looking around.See whats out there. Oh by the way, I saw that i think the name is Star-something, i got to check is serving you in Angeles, their suppose to be the best there is in the Philippines.Oh and some Ambulance company called "Blue Light Ambulance" serves your area too I didn't see much after that. I imagine the price of the hospital is way out of my funding zone But boy that has loads of possibility as a reopened facility.But i do have in place a plan well partly in my head partly on paper for a large well maybe a medium size ambulance service  to bring a better way of treating people in the field. I have visions of injured and ill patients wisked away by some services with no real treatment being given.Kind of like in the late 60's and 70's in California where i worked. Let's gface it labor is cheap in the P.I.,not that you can't maybe pay a some what living wage. Hey get this, theres a service in Italy thats for sale, one of the biggest, thats all volunteer.Wow. Well the income is about 1M. with a R$500K profit.and they have 100 to 200 volunteer's doing that every day 24 hours a day.hey i'm italian and only speak some of the dirty words i learned. haha. Now in the P.I. at least alot of folks speak english some more some less.Any ways.I have a outline on how to develope a top of the line ambulance service, i have 2 solid plans with some changes. Depends on government cooporation. I got to get that name of that company and let you k now what they deliever as EMS in the P.I. Better then most I think.Thanks for the info. I have 1 person com ing today to see one of my properities. Their not too happy about the price,so who knows.  Again thank you got enlightening me about what is there. oh and the attached video was scarey. too bad its so run down.Alot of vet's I heard bought numerous closed US Bases. Thjere was once a few years ago that had everything in it. Housing, hospital, ambulance, a small ex-military type city. i think, not sure it was in Cavite,.One guy said he was going to rehab. th3e housing and rent the houses out,and maybe even redo the hospital. Now that was a deal. So, itds 7:30 a.m. here time to eat something.Have a great day and thanks for all the i nput. and if nothing else i can do island time and help out kids imn orphanage's.Sincerly.Mark

markpa
Posted
Posted

Well i'm not all that rich. The one in Bacoor, is only 1M th4e other one is near cavite,and sells for around $500K. that's not a very big risk to me.

The government does take some of the risk out of it, but i have to explore that more, seems like in the USA, Bacoor and the Tricom? I think, pays up to 1M for the poor you take care of,but you do have to submit paperwork to get the money. Beside's if nothing else i'll have a business up and running taking some more of the risk from me. Hey if nothing else, if neither one worked out, i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.Thanks.Mark

Thats what i thought too.After all labor is cheap there. not that i am cheap.ya i guess a indept study would be in order, and a return ticket,haha.I think a give here, they give there in my plans, I have 2,ok 3 if i have to scale down would maybe be in order. Like i told several people, i have visions of people being picked up and nothing really done to them to assist in their suffering, i mean if your having a heart attack do they give oxygen, can they start IV'S, treat bleeding. use splints, the list goes on and on.I'd sure hate to not have anything done to me if i was suffering a heart attack. But it was like that in California for instance in the 60's and into the 70's, Ok we have been spoiled by modern medical services.Why not the expats and locals who live in the P.I. Now i know you can't save everyone. But you can save a few.I mean does the Fire dept. respond to medical emergencies in manila.proberly not except maybe vehicle accidents. If their called. Who gets the people trapped in a car accident out safely, passerbys who get them out and cause more injuries,and for god sakes throw someone in a cab or car and rush them to a E.R.? Thats scarey,No i can't change how someone  will be helped. Ou can only improve the service with education,like tv ads, and of cource local and government assistance. Thank you for you replying back to me..Mark

Mark if you have that much money, Why risk it in a business in the Philippines ?

If I read between the lines, I think he means that he just found out what his new health insurance premiums will be under Obamacare, and for the same money he can buy a hospital over here!   :hystery:

Hello MarkPa,

Investing your $$ in any type of business in the Philippines will ultimately give you a high return of investment IF you

have all the connections (street level to government) properly connected.....he, he.  And among all those connections

(barangay captains, mayors, PNP, etc).....who can you trust?  Will that trust continue when new city officials take over?  

I strongly recommend to take an extended vacation and do a informal feasibility study of location and type of business.  

However, even if your business is very unique, the following week will be reverse engineered, copied and repackaged.  

You could file a grievance, hiring the best lawyer but then you need to go deeper in your pocket to pay off the judge.  

The corruption machine is well lubricated and run by the 3 G's: guns, goons and gold.  Please be prepare to have an

exit plan, even going back to the States temporarily. 

.........i can always just be a expat living in the P.I.

Your statement above should be your (our) motto to enjoy the rest of our lives.  Isn't the definition of retirement is to live

in peace, with zero stress and absolutely have no concept of time.  You (we) should be on island time.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Hi Jake. You are oh so right. So the only stress is here selling my properities and my business. Grab the money, and in 15 hour's be in the P.I.,well ok then the only stress i'll have is getting my cedula there. The ARC-1 card right. I am going to try and play this right, I already decided to hire a immigration in the P.I.(theres goes some of the money) to get me thru it ok.I know, alot of people will say don't do it. Its all just so confusing.I'd rather just be having fun. I also want to help a orpanage there.They have a program there where you can host a birthday party for the kids. Now that i can do and have fun.Its a small price to pay to help out the kids there.I've read and seen photos of the poor in the P.I.,actually it was bad but not as bad as it is now.Ok, i'm a soft touch when it come's to kids. Outside of that. maybe visit some of the old US bases,and places like Cavite,and WW2 places. Ok, i don't drink, and god never do drugs, (gee i must be boring) But i still want to attend some of the expat gatherings there. Mkae new friends, both expat's and fillipino ones too. Thank you for your encouragement. Mark

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Markpa, you may want to attend the Federation of Philippine American Chambers of Commercial bi-annual conference next month in Los Angeles. The dates are Nov. 8th to 10th. Venue is the Sheraton Gateway Hotel about a mile from the Los Angeles International Airport. Conference fee is $250. My plan is to fly-in on Nov. 7th late in the evening and take the 24 hours hotel shuttle. I fly-out Sunday afternoon. You can do the same from Reno, Nevada. They have a website for registration. If not, PM me for the email address and telephone number of the conference coordinator. 

Several presenters are medical doctors and healthcare provider companies from the Philippines. The purpose of the conference is to showcase business and investment opportunities to the Fil-Am community numbering about 1.7 million. 

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted

The name of the goverment agency that helps pay for the poor's hospital billa is PCSO.That and Bacoor pay in that area of the P.I. incase you wanted to know.Mark

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
The name of the goverment agency that helps pay fPhilor the poor's hospital billa is PCSO.That and Bacoor pay in that area of the P.I. incase you wanted to know.Mark

The popularity of the PCSO (Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office) and their revenue stream diminished after it was discovered that the director's family won the grand prize. Something similar happened during the reign of King Louie XiV. The monarch held the winning lottery ticket. The public stopped buying.  

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted

Markpa, you may want to attend the Federation of Philippine American Chambers of Commercial bi-annual conference next month in Los Angeles. The dates are Nov. 8th to 10th. Venue is the Sheraton Gateway Hotel about a mile from the Los Angeles International Airport. Conference fee is $250. My plan is to fly-in on Nov. 7th late in the evening and take the 24 hours hotel shuttle. I fly-out Sunday afternoon. You can do the same from Reno, Nevada. They have a website for registration. If not, PM me for the email address and telephone number of the conference coordinator. 

Several presenters are medical doctors and healthcare provider companies from the Philippines. The purpose of the conference is to showcase business and investment opportunities to the Fil-Am community numbering about 1.7 million. 

Hi thank you for the info. let me see how i'm doing. I have to go to the Cancer treatment center inTucson around that time. That would be a good one to go too. I will certainly try maybe get my appointment changed.I do have cancer, but its prospate cancer,its active but not life threatening, at least not yet.Just more exams and stuff.i been dealing with this for 3 years now,Even when my PSA goes up a couple of months later nothing.Doc said this could go on forever. Done all the treatments,so its now checkups, exams,they make take a few days.But wow would i love to go to that if i could and can.Thank you,for the invite. Mark

• Like 1

markpa
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl

Hi Papa Carl, I kept reading about that hospital,I tried using my currency converetor but for some reason it wouldn't convert let's say 200M P. Another thing I found out was that hospitals that have ambulance are manned by E.M.T."s from that one large Ambulance company I mentioned in one of my post's.There is actually a EMS organization that train's E.M.T.'s in the P.I.I'm brain storming about the hospital.Its proberly less then 200M p now. I'm still looking around.I did find out that the biggest exporter for ambulances is of all places China! Figure's their alot closer then the USA.I did find out that in all of the city of Manila, there is only 1, yep 1 Volunteer Fire Dept., that does respond to medical calls.I didn't know there were other Fire Dept's in Manila, except Manila Fire Dept.I checked the population of Angeles on the net, wow alot of people there.You have a great day. mark

Hi Mark,

Papa Carl

Papa Carl, did you do some digging. Wow nice hospital.Its a shame a place that big goes down the tubes in a very short time as far as hospitals go. I can see why the government would like to see it open up again, and I bet some of the incentives would be very benificial to a new owner.A birthing place would be a good idea. Between that and a more active EMS center would be benifical to everyone.It seems that anyone having a real emergency in the out laying areas or is not that good if they do offer some form of Emergency type service to the locals and tourists.I too agree with you,jj,and jake in looking around.See whats out there. Oh by the way, I saw that i think the name is Star-something, i got to check is serving you in Angeles, their suppose to be the best there is in the Philippines.Oh and some Ambulance company called "Blue Light Ambulance" serves your area too I didn't see much after that. I imagine the price of the hospital is way out of my funding zone But boy that has loads of possibility as a reopened facility.But i do have in place a plan well partly in my head partly on paper for a large well maybe a medium size ambulance service  to bring a better way of treating people in the field. I have visions of injured and ill patients wisked away by some services with no real treatment being given.Kind of like in the late 60's and 70's in California where i worked. Let's gface it labor is cheap in the P.I.,not that you can't maybe pay a some what living wage. Hey get this, theres a service in Italy thats for sale, one of the biggest, thats all volunteer.Wow. Well the income is about 1M. with a R$500K profit.and they have 100 to 200 volunteer's doing that every day 24 hours a day.hey i'm italian and only speak some of the dirty words i learned. haha. Now in the P.I. at least alot of folks speak english some more some less.Any ways.I have a outline on how to develope a top of the line ambulance service, i have 2 solid plans with some changes. Depends on government cooporation. I got to get that name of that company and let you k now what they deliever as EMS in the P.I. Better then most I think.Thanks for the info. I have 1 person com ing today to see one of my properities. Their not too happy about the price,so who knows.  Again thank you got enlightening me about what is there. oh and the attached video was scarey. too bad its so run down.Alot of vet's I heard bought numerous closed US Bases. Thjere was once a few years ago that had everything in it. Housing, hospital, ambulance, a small ex-military type city. i think, not sure it was in Cavite,.One guy said he was going to rehab. th3e housing and rent the houses out,and maybe even redo the hospital. Now that was a deal. So, itds 7:30 a.m. here time to eat something.Have a great day and thanks for all the i nput. and if nothing else i can do island time and help out kids imn orphanage's.Sincerly.Mark