How Much To Build A House In Samar Cost

Thomas
Posted
Posted
They are super strong and there is no where wind can catch them to provide lift. Yes they can be built bigger. I'm not exactly tall at 5'11" but the ones I have been in would be troublesome.
If making the diameter biger (as I want to, 12 meters or so) and put the main living space at the "belly" level, then you will have enough height space even for basketball players  :)      If 12 meters diameter, then it's space for 2 levels plus even a 3rd in the middle.
The only draw back I can foresee is the concrete mixes them selves not being up to par for such a structure. Even if a full cage of rebar is built. Here in Canada we would use shot Crete and it designed for sticking to vertical surfaces.
Yes, sure not have for ANYthing  :)  the mix they normaly do themselves.

"shot Crete" is that even more cement proportion than common WESTERN concrete? If so - what mix?

The only other draw back I see is the kids playing on the roof all the time lol.
As kid I played on COMMON roofs. Much HARDER to play on dome rounded ones  :)

I can totally see that right at this moment that starting a building project may be a problem considering the unfortunate circumstances of Yolanda. It will be maybe a year or so before I can start on my little project so I hope things get better.
Well. Yes, several things make it harder to build now as e g missing food,

but IF you can solve the transport of material from ELSEWHERE, it perhaps even can be BETTER to build now, because

/"all" trees are fallen, so if the cuting is solved, then wood can be extra cheap now perhaps (It became when we had a similar but much smaller situation in Sweden some years ago, because the supply became much higher than the demand for a while, because untreated wood would be destroyed if let it stay to long and store houses became overful)

/and I guess labor can cost even less than normal, because almost no one living there have money to pay anyone, so many of even them with work normaly don't have work now, so they would be very HAPPY if jobs are added there now...

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I am also interested in Samar! My asawa is from there and within the next few years I want to build a simple home nothing special just safe ! Safe from unwanted guests and from typhoons , if possible.

Now I'm looking at the island of Tagapul-an. I know this will present its challenges but I'm up for it!

I am actually considering building it myself as I have always worked in construction, my trade is concrete finisher. That said I have a an idea of how I want to build it. And it will be different from the norm.

However I would be very interested I anything regarding construction on a small island and the other areas of Samar.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Hello Hewy09,

With your professional skills in construction, your custom designed home built to withstand the fury of Mother Nature

will be a major undertaking.  I'm talking about the process of verifying a clean title, greasing the system, hiring a crew

with a trustworthy foreman, acquiring your construction supplies, greasing the system and constant supervision of

your dream project.  

It is always noteworthy that Fred and Mimi was able to find extended relatives who were trustworthy and reliable at the

same time.  Those virtues are rare in most Filipinos.  Additionally, Markham made a good point about the supply and

demand issues throughout the typhoon alley area.  The demand for basic construction materials will greatly affect the

price and availability.  

I had to Google Earth the island of Tagapul-an, which is located about 25 miles just west of Calbayog, Samar.  If you

want to really get off the grid, the island offers extreme isolation in a beautiful island paradise.  It's only about 8 miles

long and about 2 miles wide with no road or power infrastructure at all.  I guess your primary transportation will be a

banca boat.  I hope that cement is locally available, otherwise hauling bags of cement across an open sea of 25 miles

is both time and cost consuming.  By the way, the distance to the horizon is about 3 miles when standing on the pier.

It is good to hear that your project is still in the early planning stages.  In your feasibility studies, I hope that you will

find in building your dream home, all the necessary steps and loopholes that are so common in the Philippines.

Respectfully -- Jake 

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

sorry if my replys are slow! 

I have never participated in any type of forum before!

Jake i love the island life i have been to  Tagapul-an  on all mt visits to the philippines (5). I like the fact there is no roads, there is a community generator that is shared by a couple of villages, but only 4 hours/night. 

Most of the locals are related to my Asawa and my mother-inlaw has a house on the island. On my last visit i participated in building and pouring the concrete for one of the main paths the village of  Tagapul.  I get along well with the locals even with our language barriers, most of the elder men have been seamen and at one point spoke fairly good english. they always supprise me just how much they improve on each of my visits...

I am very attached to all my tito's and cousins there, I cant wait for my next vacation! 

sorry if im off topic i just get excited just thinking of retiring and making my new life in the philippines, I am so jealous of you all that are making it your forever homes...

Hewy

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Most of the locals are related to my Asawa and my mother-inlaw has a house on the island.
Oh it is on a small island, I thought you ment on Samar island. Then you will have extra transport problem in normal situations too.

At loward or leeward of Samar island?  (leward = west)

Think of not build to low compared to sea level, extra high if lovard because of the extra need if tzunami or typhon waves come. And remember the risk global warming can raise the sea level much.

there is a community generator that is shared by a couple of villages, but only 4 hours/night.
You can get a own one. They don't cost much to BUY, but much to RUN  :)   if you have a diesel/petrol one.

If there are much burnable waste from e g coconuts or rice husks, and IF the electric need is big enough to make such solution, you perhaps want one driven buy such, but such cost much more to buy/build and need handling.

On my last visit i participated in building and pouring the concrete for one of the main paths the village of Tagapul. I get along well with the locals even with our language barriers
That's good. Participate in their work - and try to talk the local language some - make locals think of us less as foreigners. I know of two foreigners, who have even managed to get so good contacts, so they are not asked to pay "kano prices" no more!  :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

sorry if my replys are slow! 

I have never participated in any type of forum before!

Jake i love the island life i have been to  Tagapul-an  on all mt visits to the philippines (5). I like the fact there is no roads, there is a community generator that is shared by a couple of villages, but only 4 hours/night. 

Most of the locals are related to my Asawa and my mother-inlaw has a house on the island. On my last visit i participated in building and pouring the concrete for one of the main paths the village of  Tagapul.  I get along well with the locals even with our language barriers, most of the elder men have been seamen and at one point spoke fairly good english. they always supprise me just how much they improve on each of my visits...

I am very attached to all my tito's and cousins there, I cant wait for my next vacation! 

sorry if im off topic i just get excited just thinking of retiring and making my new life in the philippines, I am so jealous of you all that are making it your forever homes...

Hewy

......i just get excited just thinking of retiring and making my new life in the philippines,

Hello Hewy,

Your quotation above just revealed your true heart.  And it said that your heart really belongs to a village

of people who also miss you too.  I can just imagine Hewy, going around with his magic tool box, repairing

or improving the livelihood of their simple life.  Better watch out, you could become the next village chief!

What I like about this forum (run by a crazy Aussie) is the international flavor of opinions, comments and

experiences that are unique from you home country.  For example, I am Bob (but really a boob) is from

Hamilton, Canada and OUC is from Mississauga and many other Canadians here.....you guys remind me

of another Canook, Les Stroud of the Survivorman TV series.  

You guys have a heart as big as Paul Bunyan, a folklore lumberjack figure who I might add, was originally

written by a French-Canadian in 1837. 

Respectfully -- Jake

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Les shroud is a national hero here in Canada !!! Lol

I personally hope to be more like Macgyvr !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!