Bureau Of Immigration Blacklists American For Abusing Pinay Wife

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Bureau of Immigration blacklists American for abusing Pinay wifehttp://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=65Timothy Kent Boggess, 42, has been placed on the immigration blacklist order following a request made by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).I wonder just how easy it might be for a Philippine citizen to get her man banned? If a man abuses his wife, I am all for banning him, but what if he is just accused, how would he defend himself, if he is not allowed back into the country to do so?

TheMason
Posted
Posted

I think you're misreading the story.Boggess, who resides in Florissant, MissouriandCiting an offense report from the Florissant police department, which the victim submitted, the BI said the woman claimed that her husband allegedly assaulted her at their home last Nov. 23.I interpreted the story to read that he was accused of abusing her at their home in the US. She left the US, moved to the Philippines, and now wants an order barring him so he can't follow her here. Sounds reasonable enough to me. It is fairly easy to get banned or blacklisted. It really does just take a phone call. The way I look at it is, if my wife goes to BI to have me blacklisted, does it really matter if I'm guilty or not? The relationship is done and I would be more than happy to walk away. Not being able to come back here wouldn't really bother me personally. I came here on business and stayed for marriage. With those things gone, the Philippines holds zero appeal to me.I'd fight to make sure I wasn't reported to other countries as an undesirable alien though. I wouldn't want to be hindered from going elsewhere.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I wonder what she was doing on the computer that made him so mad? Did he really abuse or is she just trying to keep him from finding a replacement for her. I don't approve of guys who abuse women but it sounds like there is a lot more to this than is stated here.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Looks like "due process" doesn't apply in all situations.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Looks like "due process" doesn't apply in all situations.
Or even in any situations. Interesting he gets no opportunity to state his side of the story. But not really surprising.

• 1 year later...
kLen
Posted
Posted
I wonder what she was doing on the computer that made him so mad? Did he really abuse or is she just trying to keep him from finding a replacement for her. I don't approve of guys who abuse women but it sounds like there is a lot more to this than is stated here.
Yeah there must be somethin' else on this case.

kLen
Posted
Posted
Bureau of Immigration blacklists American for abusing Pinay wifehttp://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=65Timothy Kent Boggess, 42, has been placed on the immigration blacklist order following a request made by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).I wonder just how easy it might be for a Philippine citizen to get her man banned? If a man abuses his wife, I am all for banning him, but what if he is just accused, how would he defend himself, if he is not allowed back into the country to do so?
I do agree that this man should be ban IF ITS REALLY PROVEN THAT HE ABUSED HIS WIFE..!! but see,he was banned in the country not knowing his side. seems theres not justice in here, well there is but too bias.

softail
Posted
Posted
I do agree that this man should be ban IF ITS REALLY PROVEN THAT HE ABUSED HIS WIFE..!! but see,he was banned in the country not knowing his side. seems theres not justice in here, well there is but too bias.
If he was in fact convicted of domestic violence in the US than in my opinion they really don’t need to hear his side of the case because it has already been heard in a US court, however that is a big IF as we don’t know if he had is day in court or not.Doug and Sally

kLen
Posted
Posted
If he was in fact convicted of domestic violence in the US than in my opinion they really don’t need to hear his side of the case because it has already been heard in a US court, however that is a big IF as we don’t know if he had is day in court or not.Doug and Sally
Doug and Sally, if he is in US and He gonna need to go in Philippine court how would he know? so seems like he really don't know what is happening in the Philippines. His story is really interesting.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

From what I have seen in the Philippines, They really take care of there own. It would not surprise me that she could just tell the immigration dept that she fears for her life and they would ban him.