Catastrophe Safe Built Houses

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Use multiple layers of chicken wire on both sides of the rebar its called ferrocreteing or something like that i have used chicken wire to build 10 foot concrete posts before

Oh is that strong enough to keep the concrete where it's wanted even if wanting thicker than 3 inches??

The comparing with concrete posts isn't fully fair, because then it's filled under, while a dome house is partly empty under. But I HOPE it can be done as you say, because then is the problem solved  :)

i look at the house as a retreat from the Phils LOL fit it out to look like a nice hotel room close the door and escape No rooster noise ,no motorbikes ,no rain on the roof ,,no dogs , no kareoke

That part I plan to solve by settle down far enough from neighbours  :lol:

If you are located in a Freeport Economic Zone, or in a PEZA building, yes you can be 100% owned by foreigner, it depends on if you are a satelite office of a Company based outside of the Philippines, or a representative office. Either way, 100% foreign owned or 60/40 split, you must export 70% of your production to qualify for all the incentives of being a "locator". Which are multiple, including a "tax free" period, and a 5% tax there after, plus import duties reduced, or eliminated etc etc.
It's OK if I don't get the extra insentives if I don't put the company there,

but do the company need to be in such place to be allowed to own 100 % if I can prove I export enough big part?

Edited by Thomas

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

We foreigners tend to think big. these types of houses are fine in more rural areas where you have more lot space. In bigger city areas lot sizes would be to small to but a decent sized dome home. If you were to dig down and have a sort of step down setup then you have to have some sort of sump pump to keep the inevitable leakage of water out. Kind of like a bilge on a boat is how I think of it.

You would not want to use common "Chicken Wire". It is subject to corrosion. Make sure it is galvanized at least. I learned this from a builder of ferro-cement boats. 

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Agreed the wire and rebar has to be sealed because any rust will destroy the dome in a few years but if done right the dome should last at least 100 years

thats around 7 generations so I see the value . For the future 

You can make the dome as thick as you want using multiple coats but more rebar would be needed 

Proper drainage is always important on any building with a basement  even a pool

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
You can make the dome as thick as you want using multiple coats but more rebar would be needed

Why can't it be made just by making the concrete thicker than 7 cm, using ONE grid of iron bars plus the chicken net to stop it from poring in when building?

Agreed the wire and rebar has to be sealed because any rust will destroy the dome in a few years

Why is that so important?? Wouldn't the iron bar grid keep it up anyway?  :)

In the "baloon" production technique, the "baloon" is taken AWAY when the concrete has dried enough to not pour down.

Edited by Thomas

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

The air bag system still uses a wire mesh concrete alone would crack and fail 

The ideal way is to use a shotcrete gun so you get no voids because any voids will collect water and rust your rebar 

I mean if it rusts life span will be 20 years instead of 150 years  . The problem with rust is it will split the concrete from the inside 

4 inches is very thick and can be done in one coat  

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The ideal way is to use a shotcrete gun so you get no voids because any voids will collect water and rust your rebar I mean if it rusts life span will be 20 years instead of 150 years . The problem with rust is it will split the concrete from the inside 4 inches is very thick and can be done in one coat
I doubt they have such equipment where I will settle, so that can be a problem.

For normal houses I know in Sweden they use vibrators to get rid of air inside the concrete. In Ph I heared they normaly "solve" it by making the concrete much less strong  :hystery:

Well. Yes, 4 inches is much compared to the 2-3 they say is enough to make the (cheap) dome houses,

but a NORMAL stone house in Sweden has THICKER walls than 4 inches.

The Filipin, who told in this forum about the strong house his father built many years ago and is still strong, talked about 50-60 cm walls  :)

So if I will build a dome house, I will want to make thicker than only 2-3, the biger the thicker.