Typhoon Haiyan: Eight Killed As Mob Storms Philippine Rice Store

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well, NOW, lets just see, what is done, with the magnanimous, amount of money, that is pouring into the Coffers ?????

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It is heart breaking to read this kind of news.

My initial reaction, like when I heard of the gangs attacking the petrol stations and stealing the petrol...., was shoot them!

Then I started to think, if it was my wife and daughter crying because we had lost everything, we had no home, no safe shelter, no clothes, no food, would I also be there, stealing a bag of rice? Maybe...., if I am being honest.

Also in regards to the petrol station, I then read where the owner had put up the price of petrol to over 100 pesos per litre/gallon, so the locals got angry...., so would I!!!!

Always difficult to be sure what you will do until you are in that situation.

Papa Carl

Yes. I would loot myself if my family needed something to survive, and I didn't found any other solution.

(Problem if a family member is injuried or missing, so I would need to stay in city of that reason, but otherwice I would take family and leave to the countryside, even if it would mean walking 50 km. I suppouse there are a lot of (blown down and away so not known who it belong to) coconuts CLOSER than that. At least there are a lot in Samar.)

But concerning FOOD it's far from dangerous starving situation yet. Them who do heavy body work in resque operations need energy, but for others is it just a bit inconvinient to be without food a week.

(I have been without food myself 10 days just for testing, and at the same time I worked full time (but office type of work, but needed to avoid making errors, because such could lose much money.) I got some headeck day 3-4, but after that it felt rather nice, kind of "flying".)

I read the looting include a lot of high cost products as refrigirators. Such don't function without electricity, so surely not needed for surviving...

• Like 1