Do I Even Want To Go To Manila?

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

TR, you have my sympathies, better you than me. My suggestion is that you accidentally get lost in a taxi all by yourself, and then come up to AC and have a visit, I am sure we can find something that will interest you.

Papa Carl, 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah... AC sounds like a nice vacation  :)   Great way to spend the holidays.   .... well the aquarium sounds good too ha ha  and safer   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

The aquarium is an aquarium is an aquarium ...

I have only ever seen two, one in QLD Australia (three times over 15 years) and the one in Manila. Not a lot of difference between the two but enjoyed the experience, mainly because I hope one day I could catch the fish I see swimming about in them or think they might be the next ones that get away! Gets you out of the heat for an hour or so.

Intramous was an interesting walk and horse buggy ride, but then again I find a taxi ride in Manila an interesting experience :)

For some reason I have it in the back of my head your not a (heavy) drinker, nor am I, but I find sitting in a bar having a coke aimed at expats/tourists sometimes interesting if it's not to busy that its too hard to find someone new to talk to. There is a midget boxing bar I want to go to that I haven't yet ... maybe you can tell me all about it!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There is a midget boxing bar I want to go to that I haven't yet ... maybe you can tell me all about it!

I heard they are short staffed.  :)

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

There is a midget boxing bar I want to go to that I haven't yet ... maybe you can tell me all about it!

I understand they're short shafted as well.  Perhaps Mike S will chime in - he's done some amazing research on it.

Only the Shadow Knows........he, he.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I understand they're short shafted as well.  Perhaps Mike S will chime in - he's done some amazing research on it.

I think I will just wait for the movie...  Hey Jake, who has your copy of the movie?    :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I think I will just wait for the movie...  Hey Jake, who has your copy of the movie?    :tiphat:

Hey King TR,

I think you just fired across my bow?  This is where the Boss will probably ban us forever when you have two

sailors ribbing each other.  Regarding the upcuming movie, it's gonna be a late production.  The submerged

camera is stuck up your yahoo -- the movie is entitled Blazing saddles, Texas style.....he, he.  

Now regarding Manila, I wouldn't want to go there, even using your appendages.  The traffic on the coastal

road leading to Cavite is pure road anarchy.  A few San Magoo should get you properly motivated and offer

pain relief for your headache....he, he.  Have fun and stay safe.  

And watch you stern when you're in reverse, OK?

Damn Spruance class sailors -- Jake

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I was able to postpone the trip until after christmas.  The airfare was crazy high during the holidays.  Base price was p2,500 each way, after the holidays the p600 tickets are still available. And there are more hotels available too.  It is still Manila - but at least cheaper ha ha

But my girlfriend is very excited about the trip... she says they have good malls.

jonSun
Posted
Posted

Stay in Makati.  Glorietta & Greenbelt malls are very nice.  Ayala triangle.  Some good bars & clubs.  Greenbelt also has some cool restaurants. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We got it all worked out!  We go to Manila, and I leave her with family for christmas - and take my gear to Subic for some scuba diving!  Now I just have to see if any of the dive outfits work on the 24th ha ha.

Kind of worried about Score bar being raided - makes me nervous about staying at the Arizona hotel.

Subic dive recommendations??