A Common Very Odd Behaviour. Any Clues How Come?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's common Pinoys get angry and even stab people with knives for SMALL reasons,

while it's common they DON'T CONFRONT family members for VERY bad behaviour!!!  Any clues why many Filipins don't do this later?

Examples of outrageous behavior, which many Asians don't confront about:

1. Many Pinoys leave their wife and kids, and don't send any money, even when affording to start new families...

And two other type of examples, which I know from personal friends:

2. A sister made somehow their mother sign documents pawning family land and the sister got ALL money to live an expensive lifestyle including having big parties. When bank wanted to be paid, being close to take the land, then that sister told her sibblings they had to pay to not lose the family land, NOT offering to pay them back, GOING ON with her expensive lifestyle!!!   The sibblings have jobs, but arerather poor. They worried much when thinking if they could solve it, but THEY DIDN'T DEMAND the sister to start acting responcible!!!

3. Brother is OFW and has wife and 2 sons in RP. He send money to the youngest sister instead to the wife of some reason. I don't know what's the truth, but the sister has said it depend of the brother find the wife wasting money. But the wife and the sons live with an aunt, so even if that's true, there can't be any OK reason to not give the money to the aunt...   Aunt is frustrated even asking an OTHER SINGLE sister to adopt the sons, although she work full time and live at an other island!!!  The rest of the family have nicely ASKED the bad behaving sister to forward the money, but they DON'T CONTRONT HER for don't doing that!!!   

The OTHER sister even got angry at ME, "because I ask allways" if they have solved it, although it was 5 MONTHS between I heared it first time and I asked again, but she is NOT angry at the outrageous behaving sister... :hystery:       (Back then I thought of marrying into that family, so my question was EXTRA relevant   :)     I surely not want to cover paying for such crap behaviour...)

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Working in the middle east Thomas and have Indians, Phillipinos, Sri Lankans, Nepalis, Bangladeshi, Kenyan, English, working in the company.  I dont know why but many of the Phillipinos always have family dramas, emergencys and often very poor management of there salarys and funds.............. always demands from home for this or that it seems.

Have been in Saudi, UAE and Qatar.......all the same, never problems with other nationalitys but Philipinos constantly asking for cash advances, emergency leave etc.....

No idea why

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Working in the middle east Thomas and have Indians, Phillipinos, Sri Lankans, Nepalis, Bangladeshi, Kenyan, English, working in the company.  I dont know why but many of the Phillipinos always have family dramas, emergencys and often very poor management of there salarys and funds.............. always demands from home for this or that it seems.

Have been in Saudi, UAE and Qatar.......all the same, never problems with other nationalitys but Philipinos constantly asking for cash advances, emergency leave etc.....

No idea why

Yes, but I wondered why don't they even CONFRONT family members who missbehave extreem??

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

lack of maturity,

not being responsible for one's actions .

not thinking or planning ahead. discipline.

a me 1st  , dam  if others get in my way attitude

OR

Could the reason of why they behave is

LACK OF IODINE SALT IN THEIR DIET?(iodine deficiency)

Iodine deficiency causes many problems

i will post the link and "many issue it causes" then you can understand, 

After I realized that many people here have an "IODINE DEFICIENCY"

i understood them better and sympathized regarding their condition,

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/iodine-deficiency-disorders

the term "iodine deficiency disorders" refers to the several consequences that iodine deficiency imposes on individuals. Important consequences include xxxxxx, and intellectual disability [1]

Severe maternal iodine deficiency during pregnancy results in a reduction in xxxxxxxxxx,

and impairment of ""fetal neurologic" development.

CONSEQUENCES OF IODINE DEFICIENCY-learning disabilities in children

Intellectual disability — Iodine deficiency also appears to have adverse effects on growth and development in the postnatal period. Children and adolescents in regions of iodine deficiency are at risk for ""some degree of intellectual disability.""

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Iodine_explained

Iodine deficiency in babies and children

In the developing fetus, baby or young child, the effects of iodine deficiency are serious.

They include stunted growth, diminished intelligence and retardation. Lack of iodine is a major problem in developing countries. It is the world’s number one cause of ""preventable intellectual disability"" in children.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/35.html

In extreme cases, iodine deficiency can lead to cretinism, a disorder that involves severely stunted physical and mental growth.

http://www.micronutrient.org/English/View.asp?x=578

Iodine deficiency is the leading preventable cause of brain damage and it can significantly lower the IQ of whole populations.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/symptoms-of-iodine-deficiency/

the more serious signs and symptoms of iodine deficiency may vary according to individuals, but usually include the following:

•  
  • Mental imbalances such as depression and anxiety
  • Mental retardation (in extreme cases, and particular in children of mothers who have had an iodine deficiency)

I am not a medical doctor nor  have had much training in the health field

I post this reply based on my years and years of observations living here.

have kept the above post free from politics, church.religion and being negative

by taking out the above ,

This is the only conclusion i could come to. that many suffer from an Iodine deficiency disorder.  

Thomas
Posted
Posted
not being responsible for one's actions .
OR Could the reason of why they behave is LACK OF IODINE SALT IN THEIR DIET?
Yes, some type of missing nutrision problem can explain when it's retardation*,

BUT in the 2 cases I know personal, they are average or above average cleverness, so I suppouse it has to be a CULTURAL reason they act that much to weak against family members. Has anyone heared any Filipin explaination why?    I have asked some Filipins other than these families, they understand what happened, but they don't understand why I ask about it/I find it odd...   :lol:

*It was found (almost) all kids in a village in Andees mountains (in Peru ?) are retarded or below average cleverness because of missing nutricion, but they didn't tell in that documentary WHICH missing nutrision(-s) make it there.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Filipino family and cultural dynamics are beyond understanding.

I do agree with what generalizations you guys called out.

Over all lack of planning, living for today.

Unwilling to accept responsibility for ones choices or actions.

Lack of empathy for others.

And this one I do not understand at all because most Filipinos have strong family values. Filipino men very often will abandon their children or wife and children.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Unwilling to accept responsibility for ones choices or actions.
Yes, but I'm NOT talking about them who DO the bad behaviour  - there are a** in all countries -

I wonder why the REST of the family don't confront them and tell them their behaviour aren't OK...

JMEL
Posted
Posted

As a therapist ffiend pointed out, codependency is partand parcel for some cultires. It works for them. The behavior I can't stand is the burping and other body noises in public.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

This is one of the reasons why people view the Philippines as a third world. Such behavior wouldn't be tolerated in the US. But I am generalizing here, in fact, most of my encounters have been with very responsible caring families.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is one of the reasons why people view the Philippines as a third world. Such behavior wouldn't be tolerated in the US. But I am generalizing here, in fact, most of my encounters have been with very responsible caring families.

This is true in my case as well. The majority are responsible and caring.

I know what you mean Thomas, but many family simply refuse to acknowledge bad actions of other members of their family.