Off Topic? But I Do Admit This Is Worth Reading...

bows00
Posted
Posted

The toughest part of any relationship is keeping things new... and to maintain the freshness requires a lot of work and imagination. Probably why the half life of romance and excitement is about 6 months...meaning the way you euphorically, romantically feel about a partner is cut in half every six months...until it dwindles to just being comfortable... and it is when we get too comfortable when this detriment accelerates to a point where the magic can be gone forever ...

So ladies, if you love your man, don't hold back! Surprise him once in awhile with a school uniform and pigtails... nurse outfit with high heels...

And men... well.. lets just say I wont' be giving away some my secrets just yet..lol..

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

The toughest part of any relationship is keeping things new... and to maintain the freshness requires a lot of work and imagination. Probably why the half life of romance and excitement is about 6 months...meaning the way you euphorically, romantically feel about a partner is cut in half every six months...until it dwindles to just being comfortable... and it is when we get too comfortable when this detriment accelerates to a point where the magic can be gone forever ...

So ladies, if you love your man, don't hold back! Surprise him once in awhile with a school uniform and pigtails... nurse outfit with high heels...

And men... well.. lets just say I wont' be giving away some my secrets just yet..lol..

Hello Bows,

I think i'm gonna upgrade your name to Bows007.  You have such an analytic observation about the most difficult

science known to man.  In many relationships, the woman is still a scientific mystery.  And yet, your simple math of

depreciation every 6 months is right on the money.  By the way in US politics, the honeymoon is over between the

new president and congress at the 100th day.  

This is another fine topic written by our Miss Julia.  Very thought provoking and no easy answers about the different

human relationships.  I will never claim my wisdom or experiences why I lasted this long with my wife Judy.  You would

think I have the answer as we approach our 29th year of mostly happy marriage.  Given the many opportunities to

customize my dog house over the years, it's usually the kiss and make up part that revitalize that passionate energy

between two friends.  Perhaps, that would be my humble advice.  Remaining best friends throughout your relationship

is more important to me.  

Everything else comes natural after that, especially more passionate sex - including angry sex.....he, he. 

Thank you Miss Julia for revealing our weaknesses and yet, gives us wisdom to become a better person.  From the

staff of Philippines Expat Forum and our fellow members, we wish you a simple smile today, each and every day:

post-686-0-69797200-1385652568_thumb.jpg

Respectfully -- kuya Jake

• Like 3

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am definitely going to give that list to the wife  :thumbsup:

:th_goodidea:

but don't forget to keep a copy  of  "Husbands: Ten Ways to Show Your Wife You Love Her" , too...

Good luck, Brock!

Edited by ako si julia
  • Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thank you Miss Julia for revealing our weaknesses and yet, gives us wisdom to become a better person.  From the

staff of Philippines Expat Forum and our fellow members, we wish you a simple smile today, each and every day:

attachicon.gifA Hug from a Friend.JPG

walang anuman po, Sir Jake!!! :D

Edited by ako si julia
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifA Hug from a Friend.JPG

walang anuman po, Sir Jake!!! :D

WALANG ANUMAN (You're welcome)

Those two words brought back the memories on how I relearned Tagalog.  I would frequently ask Judy and her

sister Joy to translate (street slang) or pronounce a Tagalog word that has been locally changed.  I started out

with the basic: hello, thank you and you're welcome.  

Without my knowledge of the conspiracy between those bruhas, I made a complete fool of myself in a crowded

palengke (local market).  I kept saying walang alamang po (I have no shrimp paste, sir) and the old vendor was

falling off his stool, laughing and pointing at me -- another Balikbayan bobo!

Perhaps that's another important factor in maintaining a wonderful relationship.  Having a sense of humor, no

matter how silly or stupid or corny......Judy and I continue to enjoy each other through laughter.  After all, it is

the best medicine.   

Respectfully -- Jake

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

If one finds it usefull articles such as...how to relations...buy a subscription as well to cosmopolitan and men's whatever crap.

Try doing these mentioned advices without being your self, without believing it, without coming from your heart and you will have an epic fail.

Try to say to a wonan i love you looking her in the eyes and you do not really believe it or you put an effort to do it, you'll achive totally the opposite.

Hold her hand for no reason and you do it because you read it...will have the same feeling to her as holding your dog

etc etc i do not want to go through each of them, my point is not to flame the post but to pin point that is better to be your self than pretending.