Help Getting Married Please

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This trip we are suppose to get married but now Mama has said she will not sign the papers    Unless I give her 50,000 piso 

Take it to a Judge, I am sure he will overturn parental permission, She would have, to give her reasons for saying NO!

Maybe, mama will just say " Only Kidding"  :hystery:

She will hardly admit extortion in the Halls of Justice.

For me, the Threat, would be enough

:tiphat:

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your fiancee can complete the Parental Consent/Advice form without you being present so if she does it now your marriage license would be ready for pick up 3 months from now. The 3 months wait would give you plenty of time to obtain and to complete the other 7 requirements and time for her to obtain and complete her 5 requirements.

Paying an extortionist only tells them that they won and encourages them to do it again. That's why many governments have a policy to never pay extortionist or terrorists. Paying makes you look weak and a good victim for their next attempt of extortion. 

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

To answer your twice-asked question, yes you could marry in Hong Kong provided you are both of legal age. You can get the application form from the Hong Kong Immigration Department's web site.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
carloscolon
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend was born in the Philippines and now is a US citizen living here in the US. She is 73 and I am 62. Is it easier and less paperwork to marry here in the US and move to the Philippines or go through al the paperwork required to marry in the Philippines? Thanks for any help you can give.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Infinitely easier and less paperwork in the US. It's an old post and some things may have changed but you get the idea - http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/410-the-marriage-process/#entry1430

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

After just going thru this recently. I wholeheartedly agree with MikeB. Hassle hassle hassle. Minimum of 2 weeks for the license to be issued (after you have got all of the required documentation). Also, to get her name changed is even worse (still going thru that one).

I think it took me all of a half hour to get my first marriage license in Florida. Her name change is pretty much automatic.

Maybe by making it harder it helps you determine if you really want or should get married or not? Seeing as how my "easy" license with my first marriage didn't end so well. 

By you both being US citizens, it will make it much easier for you to travel together. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

All paperwork with any of the government offices is always very difficult. We saw lots of fixers at the SSS. I hear the same at the LTO, NBI, NSO, pssport office, BIR, etc

Americano
Posted
Posted

Hopeless,

Can you give us an update?  How did you choose to handle your problem?  Did you pay the extortion?   Were you able to get married?