Most Bang In 21 Days

jpbago
Posted
Posted
My big problem with Duma is the trike drivers are all asshats charging 10 times the local rate

At that, taxis would then be the way to go.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

No taxi cabs in Duma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Americano
Posted
Posted

Due to a extreme change in plans this trip will only be 21 days

Most times i stay around 6 months but the work is available and I can not turn it down

On the bright side my 6 month budget is now a 21 day budget

So how about some dream holiday plans I,m planning on boracay and palawan for a few days each but an also interested in the rice terraces

I have a car and a motorbike and will fly where ever need be using Cebu as a home base

thanks for any and all ideas I will post my trip here to show thanks for the help  

Maybe you should have taken your car or motorbike to Negros so you don't have to pay the high foreigner cost to ride tricycles.

• 2 weeks later...
cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

St Mark hotel Cebu. Best room in the city for 2000 promo air con real beds flat screens coffee maker hair dryer ipod dock stocked fridge tooth brush room safe wi-fi Really nice place and a great breakfast buffet this deal will not last long once people find this hotel Cebu R used to be like this but now the rooms there are 4000

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found in Dumaguete that if you get out of the trike and start walking that it takes about 10 seconds for another trike to pull up that is willing to carry you for the regular fare, my fiancee was with me so it was fare for two. I only had one bag of purchases, if you had alot to carry they might think they had you over a barrel. Then too, once you have used a couple of trike drivers that were satisfactory, get their numbers, text them when you want to go someplace. I settled on one and he treated us like family. :tiphat:

I did have one Dumaguete trike driver tell me that his trike could hold 6 people and wanted the fare for 6 people. I wished him lots of luck waiting there not making any money. I figure he has the right to charge whatever he wants, I have the right to go elsewhere. :thumbsup:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I found the trikes in Duma to be 10 pesos per person anywhere in the city but the trike mafia gotcha late at night or when going to Sibulan (I always end up paying 100 for 1 or 150 for 2 when going to Sibulan)

As to the taxis, I have not seen them but this picture from another forum suggests they are indeed here somewhere:

post-41-0-68941700-1388360338_thumb.jpg

jpbago
Posted
Posted
As to the taxis, I have not seen them but this picture from another forum suggests they are indeed here somewhere:

It looks as if it is at the airport arrivals. I can't imagine tricycles picking up Korean business men. But you never know. I live in a city of 163,000 people with no taxis, 2 banks, no malls, 2 restaurants, 2 gas stations, 2 hardware outlets, next to no development. It is easier to control poor than middle or upper class. The same family name has been mayor for 65 years. 

• 4 months later...
the_whipster
Posted
Posted

forget Boracay. Three weeks is enough time to do a Dumaguete-Siquijor-Bohol trip. Fly in Dumaguete from Manila and then out again back to Manila from Tagbilaran or perhaps Cebu. You can hire bikes inexpensively in each place.

I thought Private Garden charged quite a bit more than 650 so you are doing well there. I stayed next door at Dr. Ko's where there are quite shabby apartments with kitchen and aircon for only 500. You need to hire a motor in town, they can be as low as 250 per day in Duma.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Thanks whip this is a old post from x-mas back now living in Moalboal using it as my home base

I have covered a lot of the bisayans and am thinking of heading more south this trip

Still have not made Boracay but im not that into touristy places

Stayed at a great place last week north of Balamban and a decent hotel in delagete called just in. 700 aurcon with a pool

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

Maybe you should have taken your car or motorbike to Negros so you don't have to pay the high foreigner cost to ride tricycles.

are you kidding? Dumaguete has among the cheapest motorbike hire you will find anywhere in the country. Although it does not cost a lot

I have covered a lot of the bisayans and am thinking of heading more south this trip

Still have not made Boracay but im not that into touristy places

Stayed at a great place last week north of Balamban and a decent hotel in delagete called just in. 700 aurcon with a pool.

I take it you mean Dalaguete, What is it called. 700 for an aircon room with a swimming pool would be the cheapest room with that, anywhere in the country. Cheapest on Cebu island with a pool is the Spring Park Resort in Lutopan, where with it being up the mountain you don't need aircon and the fan rooms are only 500 however their aircon rooms are 1000 if memory serves. Cheapest I have seen with aircon and pool is the Slem Hotel in Toledo, that has aircon, but the pool is so tiny it barely qualifies as a pool. The 750 rooms are also tiny too. Another great value place with a pool, is the Viar Family Resort between Tuburan and Tabuelan. The only hotel in Cebu city itself with a pool that is less than 1000 is the Metro Park, and that is a total one-off. I don't think there is anywhere else, less than about 1800 in Cebu city that sells aircon rooms with use of a pool.