1 Whole Year

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
9 years and loving every minute ( well mostly ) not been abroad for two years HK, not been home UK for 7 years. Intend to go visit with the wife maybe 2014/5 just to travel Europe one last time and show her the other side of the globe. Life is good here in the Philippines, people are great and we are surrounded by good friends.

Return to Europe during the winter months. That will help make the Philippines look more appealing. We have been following the news about the wintry freeze throughout the Mid West and my wife is asking, "Are you sure about our moving to South Dakota?" Right now the weather is absolutely perfect in Hawaii. Well, it's perfect 90% of the time. 5% not so perfect. When it rains, we give thanks to the Hawaiian gods for their blessing.

• 2 weeks later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

9 years and loving every minute ( well mostly ) not been abroad for two years HK, not been home UK for 7 years. Intend to go visit with the wife maybe 2014/5 just to travel Europe one last time and show her the other side of the globe. Life is good here in the Philippines, people are great and we are surrounded by good friends.

Return to Europe during the winter months. That will help make the Philippines look more appealing. We have been following the news about the wintry freeze throughout the Mid West and my wife is asking, "Are you sure about our moving to South Dakota?" Right now the weather is absolutely perfect in Hawaii. Well, it's perfect 90% of the time. 5% not so perfect. When it rains, we give thanks to the Hawaiian gods for their blessing.

Is it because of low taxes that you are moving to South Dakota? Can you just get an address there and still live in Hawaii? I used to live at the Minnesota/Ontario border and the weather there compared to Hawaii is like night and day. SD is booming now due to the shale gas fields but that is expected to last only 10 years and then the tumbleweeds blow in.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
You have not one relative you would like to visit in person? Parents? Children? Grandkids?

I would like to answer that.  I have plenty.  They can come and visit me in Philippines any time.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I'm with Mr Hounddriver on this.. I'll come back to visit the kids once a year, other than that I'll pretty much be staying put.