Living In Tagatay

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have any 1st hand, non-tourist experience with Tagatay, or any nearby area like Silang, as far as rental costs and availability, schools, etc?

efigy
Posted
Posted

there are a few foriegners live in this area,,i am in kaong near silang,,really dont need a/c here just fan in summertime,,not sure about rental costs,,,not a bad area,,,,

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I was hoping to get a little more info but I'm planning a trip there in Feb. I went once several years ago but that was just to see the tourist stuff like the volcano, Palace in the Sky, etc. Very beautiful and cool there, really sick of the constant year-round heat. 

• 1 month later...
billygoat993
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am in Sta Rosa 25 mins away from Tagaytay. Rent will depent on the subd. If its around laguna bel air 10-30k school is available insidw the village laguna bel air school. if its in my area near the golf course and wAlking distance to Nuvali rentals starts from 30 to 80k there ate many schools and universities here. High end school from Cavier, la salle, mirriam , st scholastica etc. near hospital, malls ,Market. It should really depend on your budget and the size of house. There are cheaper rentals in low end subdivision but I wont recommend it. Higher fare for tricycles since that is the means of transpo if you do not have a car. But where ever u decide just make sure its gated so its safer and if your neighbors starts singing on weary hours you can call tge guards to ask them to stop and before i forget no hens or roosters allowed nor pigs etc so its not noisy and dirty. Lol good luck

Edited by billygoat993
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

30 to 80k? Maybe I'll move to Manhattan. Thanks for the info but I'll pass. Good luck to you too.

• Like 1

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Yes 30k to 80k pesos the lowest is unfurnished the highest furnished. You cam try to look at sulit for villages like Valenza, Sta Rosa Estate, La Residencia, georgia, or Laguna Bel Air those are accessible for public transport and have their own shuttles and good village. If you are just going to rent for a few days and just need a place to stay do not pay for 4 months adv and deposit. Ask if you can go month to month. If you pt for an apartment near the town proper there are tows of apartment 6,600 pesos per month not gated village. It has 2 rooms, 2 cr, garage, living and laundry area. I have one in that area for my employees.. Hope that helps..

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
really sick of the constant year-round heat.

Mike, if that is a key objective then you really should consider Baguio.  IMHO it is a much better overall environment then Tagaytay and also much cooler.

We don't have the year around heat here in Subic either.  Most of the year, but Jan and Feb are nice.  I have rarely used the air con this month.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Actually, the weather in Cebu the last week or so has been perfect but it won't last. I will check out Baguio, I visited once several years ago. I need to find out about the schools if anyone knows. 

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Try as well Tagaytay Highlands...LOL!!!!! More expensive than water font at South Beach Miami!!!!

Tagaytay is unreasonably expensive. What it offers? Other than some upscaled subdivisions costing a fortune to live, a bit cooler climate, easy access to Batangas,Nsgbu, and other beaches (easy access is 1-1.5 hour drive...I do not think easy but anyway), and that's about it!!!!! Simply in all these areas they have placed heavy industries around, huge plants and they have created many subdivisions from low to high end so to attract their workers there and ofcourse make the profit of selling otherwise useless lands.

Real estate is a market, never forget that. Entire areas are divided in between big corporations they add up some whistles and bells (prestigious "affiliate" schools, upscaled costing an arm and leg subdivisions with 80% of it unsold 7 years now) and they sell them in prime prices the what actually worth  just a few grains of rice. That is what has happened and still happening to Tagaytay and surrounding areas. The one who made Nuvali has also made plenty of low-medium cost subdivisions and he made his fortune from that...Nuvali is still waiting for the multibillionaires to throw their money for fun or the naïve kanos, balikbayans, OFW with a demanding high end want to be wife to make them throw every last penny they have in there...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Miguk
Posted
Posted

Tagaytay was my retirement choice....now? :unsure:

It used to be Baguio but that place has gone downhill badly.

Subic might be a possibility -- if the wife wasn't from Olongapo hahaha