Living In Tagatay

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I'm leaning now more toward Dumaguete because of the schools.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

MikeB

If your needs include schools, sad to say but your best options are Manila and Cebu.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I agree Manila has the top schools in the country but I won't be moving there. I was thinking specifically of Silliman University; it's consistently highly ranked and, if I understand the tuition on the web site, reasonable in costs. They have classes from pre-elementary through graduate school. 

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

There are a few Universities and schools at Sta Rosa now like De la Salle University, St Scholastica, Ateneo (masterals only), Xavier, Miriam College, UST still under construction but finally started after 10 years or signs promoting it, Don Bosco and i forgot the other schools inside Nuvali, they also have UP in los Banos and Adventist ( not sure if it ranks)

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I think that there is a Xavier in Nuvali. That would be topnotch!

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Yes Xavier is in Nuvali, they have chinese classes which is a big help if you know the language according to my wife. The field trip for kids there is to go somewhere in China for more than a month. Parents have to go for an orientation in Singapore for the Singaporean Math just early this year.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Sounds like they're running it at the same standard as Xavier in Greenhills.  My wife always said that if we ever had a son, she would send him home to matriculate at Xavier.

Non-Chinese Filipinos who did so are thanking their parents for their foresight!