Sledge Hammer In Olongapo/subic

alsuave
Posted
Posted

I've been to Ace Hardware and the hardware store in Ayala. They only have small little sledge hammers. I'm looking for a full size sledge hammer, like something you would use to hammer in a railroad spike. Any ideas?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

TREASURE HUNT..  :tiphat:

i have said this before, many times when we/I/you cant find it at a MALL or brand name store.

LOOK around .go down that alley, side street or that hardware store that appears to be "run down"

amazing simply amazing what you can find, even if that store doesnt have a item, these stores seem

to know each other and can refer you to a store that has that "ITEM" you need . 

on the other hand check out DIY.handyman , robinsons Or True value

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Suggest that you just look for a place with concrete blocks out in front. All the construction supply places have them. Usually have a name like "new corona lumber" or "ricks lumber" or something like that. When we build our house those types of places have everything you need, or can get it for you.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There is a hardware store called Goodyear near SM and I think they might have them.  Walk away from SM on Gordon and it is on the right about 1/2 a block.  There are other hardware stores on Rizal in between the Gordon hospital and the first roundabout.

I think there are some concrete block places way down on Rizal towards the mountains.

American Hardware by old Royal might have them but that place is a rip off on prices.  I don't know how they stay in business because there are no customers.

I'm out of town but I can ask around when I get back.

• Like 1

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I'll go check those places.

jon1
Posted
Posted

I agree with Don. I think that the Goodyear on Gordon avenue just east of the SM is your best chance. There are also a couple of Hardware stores on Rizal ave just before the Circle for Magsaysay Dr on your left. 

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I agree with Don. I think that the Goodyear on Gordon avenue just east of the SM is your best chance. There are also a couple of Hardware stores on Rizal ave just before the Circle for Magsaysay Dr on your left. 

I've been to Ace Hardware and the hardware store in Ayala. They only have small little sledge hammers. I'm looking for a full size sledge hammer, like something you would use to hammer in a railroad spike. Any ideas?

You will also find a great industrial hardware store next to the Crushers Safety Boot store in Mandue City.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You will also find a great industrial hardware store next to the Crushers Safety Boot store in Mandue City.

Thanks Mike for the info but the OP would need a flight to check it out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike for the info but the OP would need a flight to check it out.  :thumbsup:

It is not that far from Ayala, I have made it via taxi in 25 minutes from Banilad.

• Like 1

alsuave
Posted
Posted

Found one! Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1