Acr Requirments

dankje
Posted
Posted

HI aLL,

Iwas hoping to get a quick answerto a question I have about the ACR. i did a search on this forum and goodle but I can get my question answered.

i just arrived in the Philippines and this is my 2nd visit. I didn't pre arrange a visa but rather got a stamp on arrival. today i'm signing a 6 month rental contract for an apartment. it might also be important that I have a passport from the european union.

What I need is a ACR for opening a bank account and to get cable/internet etc...

Is it possible to get thisafter only being here for 1 week. i read that you need it ofter 59 days but not if you can get it before that time. 

If i can get it, which documents would i need to brin

g?

What i read about it;

If you are applying for the first time you will need to provide as much documentation proving your identity as possible. Your passport, birth certificate and driving licence are a good start. Once you have filled in the correct forms, waited in several lines and paid the fee ($50.00) you will receive your card within a couple of days (though it may take longer). They will issue you with an Alien Registration Summary which you take to your local immigration office within the first 60 days of each year to pay for the renewal of your card.

But this is not saying anything about prerequisites.

I'm hoping on a quick reply because It would be very convienent for me if I could goto the immigration office first thing tommorrow morning monday 6 January 2014

thank you for all your help.

dankje

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Not being glib, but if time is a factor,,,try a different bank,,not all require an acr

dankje
Posted
Posted

Not being glib, but if time is a factor,,,try a different bank,,not all require an acr

Hi Scott,

My question still stands but which bank doesn't require ACR? i'm in Manila.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Have you tried PNB(phil National bank)?

dankje
Posted
Posted

I'm sure i haven't tried that one.

i will tomorrow

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Hi Scott,

My question still stands but which bank doesn't require ACR? i'm in Manila.

what will be your banking REQUIREMENTS? just deposit your money &w/d?

checking? large deposit? pension being sent in?

b when trying to open an account sometimes 1 bank will give a reason not to while the same BANK at another branch

will allow you to open.

YES PNB is 1 of the better banks in NCR/manila area try them.

also try BPI or even a BPI express banking outlet, your results can vary from bank to bank.

I promote BPI for 2 reasons. 1 they have many branches /atms .

2,. if you need to make a cash deposit no need to wait in line . they have a new(now 2 yo feature) of express cash deposit.

if you have a TRUSTED local friend or expat maybe he/she can go with you to the bank to help open.

last ask your embassy they may know of a "friendly"bank

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The 'Tourist' ACR card is a temporary resident card.  It cannot be obtained for approximately 2 months and some banks will not accept it.  Other banks are happy if you tell them you don't have it yet but will but will bring it in when you get it.  Each bank will vary depending on the temerity of the bank manager.  Try smaller banks where the managers are 'junior' and they are trying to build up their client lists.

• Like 2

dankje
Posted
Posted

The 'Tourist' ACR card is a temporary resident card.  It cannot be obtained for approximately 2 months...

Tnx for the banking advice people.

Dave i'm not sure if i understand what you mean with "for" I'm not staying for two months only.I'm actually setting op a business here. or did you mean before?

tnx

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I mean it is only available to tourists after then have been here 59 days (approximately 2 months).  You can only apply for that extension after you have been here for approximately 50 days (there is some leeway with different BI offices but not too much) and it will take a few weeks to get the card.  The card is then valid for 1 year but I have used mine for different id purposes long after it has expired and many do not care that it is expired.  Bottom line:  You cannot get one until you have been here 2 months.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I got my ACR card after only 3 weeks. I just filed for another extension.   When immigration asked why I was renewing so early I said I needed the card for my bank.  I have no idea what the rules are - but they did it with no problems.  I got here on 13FEB, first extension filed 25FEB, 2nd extension (ACR) 5MAR.  Did not have to go back until June  :)

But I see you are setting up a business.  Sounds like you are on a tourist visa.  I don't what kind of business you can set up on a tourist visa.