Alec Baldwin Pisses Off Senator With Mail Order Bride Remark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Alec Baldwin pisses off senator with mail order bride remarkhttp://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20090518hed6.htmlWhy do people still call it that, when a person has to meet his lady in person. Yes he may have met them on the Internet but it is not mail order by any sense of the word and an educated person should know better than to even joke like that.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Alec Baldwin is a** and an idiot! I've never liked his acting, or any of the Baldwin brothers acting come to think of it.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Before, I did a search on Amazon and also looked in a Sears catalogue and I couldn't find any mail order brides. How would you get all those postage stamps off her anyway? Or maybe they come in wrapping paper? Do you pay by the pound? :rolleyes:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As with a lot of things here it is a term through back to the early days in the US ....... where miners back in the gold rush days would order their wife by mail ... having never met her in person ...... Other term used by Filipinos is ... mastermind (head crook) ....... there are more but I just drew a blank .... Anyone else come up with some????????????

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Alec Baldwin pisses off senator with mail order bride remarkhttp://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20090518hed6.htmlWhy do people still call it that, when a person has to meet his lady in person. Yes he may have met them on the Internet but it is not mail order by any sense of the word and an educated person should know better than to even joke like that.
Instead of delivering her to you, you've got to go pick her up now. No more home delivery. There's talk of doing that for postal mail too. What is this world coming to?

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Before, I did a search on Amazon and also looked in a Sears catalogue and I couldn't find any mail order brides. How would you get all those postage stamps off her anyway? Or maybe they come in wrapping paper? Do you pay by the pound? :whistling:
The big difference with Sears is that they offer a guarantee of satisfaction on their products..... As of yet, I am not aware of Cherryblossoms or Filipinaheart offering any sort of test drive / taste test before delivery! Unless of course one is shopping in Angeles City.....J.C. Penny must be spinning in his grave......

Steve
Posted
Posted
http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?optio...2&Itemid=78
Libanan bans Alec Baldwin MAY 21, 2009The Bureau of Immigration (BI) banned yesterday from entering the country American actor Alec Baldwin for his recent negative comments about Filipino women.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan issued the order placing Baldwin in the BI blacklist a week after the actor appeared in a television talk show and talked about looking for a Filipina lover via the mail order bride business.By being in the bureau

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Libanan bans Alec Baldwin MAY 21, 2009The Bureau of Immigration (BI) banned yesterday from entering the country American actor Alec Baldwin for his recent negative comments about Filipino women.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan issued the order placing Baldwin in the BI blacklist a week after the actor appeared in a television talk show and talked about looking for a Filipina lover via the mail order bride business.By being in the bureau's blacklist, Baldwin is forbidden from entering the country as he is deemed an undesirable alien.Libanan, in his order, described as racial and discriminatory Baldwin's statements in the David Letterman Show which was aired on May 12.He told Letterman during the show that he was "thinking about getting a Filipina mail-order bride

Mik
Posted
Posted

Looks like the Thought Police are out in force.

Jungle
Posted
Posted
Libanan bans Alec Baldwin MAY 21, 2009The Bureau of Immigration (BI) banned yesterday from entering the country American actor Alec Baldwin for his recent negative comments about Filipino women.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan issued the order placing Baldwin in the BI blacklist a week after the actor appeared in a television talk show and talked about looking for a Filipina lover via the mail order bride business.By being in the bureau's blacklist, Baldwin is forbidden from entering the country as he is deemed an undesirable alien.Libanan, in his order, described as racial and discriminatory Baldwin's statements in the David Letterman Show which was aired on May 12.He told Letterman during the show that he was "thinking about getting a Filipina mail-order bride