Life In The Phil

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Odd, Saint Rosa is one of the places spouse is wanting us to visit due to its natural beauty; been highly recommended by other friends as well, both Pinoy and Kano. 

Santa (Sta) Rosa, Laguna?  I haven't seen much natural beauty there.  Tagaytay is nearby.  Perhaps that is what they meant.

efigy
Posted
Posted

well ,i am busy packing now to return to australia,,,had enough,,,,,the recent home invasion resulting in phone,s,tablet i just bought back from aust for my partner,,laptop,,wallet,,,and all taken while we slept,,,iv been told by many people though that we are very lucky,,lucky we didnt hear or see the thieves other wise we would have been killed,,,,the was the last straw,,,iv been waiting on the courts decision for more than 2 years after a so called very religious 'friend scammed my by only half finishing the house i bought,,resulting in a place the thieves could enter,,,,and of course after the theft im told i should have done this and should have done that,,,that i need 2 or more dogs,,,should have cctv,,should have security lights,,should have live in helper guard,,,should have high fence,,,,,,well i wont live in a place that is so lawless,,and definatly wont have my great little son grow up here ,,,this place will never change ,,,the powers in charge have it like they want it,,,the people are so complient, and weak willed ,,,what  is it,'we are poor but happy'''and the other one''be humble'',,,,,,,,what is happening in thailand now will never happen here,,,i admire the thai people for wanting a better country,,,,,,,,my advise,,,,,,,you could live here if you buy and live in gated area,,dont have business dealings,,,dont need services of locals,,,just live private with your lady,,,as long as you done end up with one like the canadian guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway im outa here,,prob 2 million short from scams,theives,,,  liers,,,believing in a justice system   ''there is none'',,,,,i wll have the full story with pics of my time here on my website soon as i get established back in aust,,,,i hope to make others fully aware of the pit falls of this place,,,

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update, Silang is one of the areas I was interested in checking out to relocate. I'm rethinking that one. We have a pretty good setup where we are.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Odd, Saint Rosa is one of the places spouse is wanting us to visit due to its natural beauty; been highly recommended by other friends as well, both Pinoy and Kano

There are several SANTA ROSA(s) in the philippines

jpbago
Posted
Posted

well ,i am busy packing now to return to australia,,,had enough,,,,,the recent home invasion resulting in phone,s,tablet i just bought back from aust for my partner,,laptop,,wallet,,,and all taken while we slept,,,iv been told by many people though that we are very lucky,,lucky we didnt hear or see the thieves other wise we would have been killed,,,,the was the last straw,,,iv been waiting on the courts decision for more than 2 years after a so called very religious 'friend scammed my by only half finishing the house i bought,,resulting in a place the thieves could enter,,,,and of course after the theft im told i should have done this and should have done that,,,that i need 2 or more dogs,,,should have cctv,,should have security lights,,should have live in helper guard,,,should have high fence,,,,,,well i wont live in a place that is so lawless,,and definatly wont have my great little son grow up here ,,,this place will never change ,,,the powers in charge have it like they want it,,,the people are so complient, and weak willed ,,,what  is it,'we are poor but happy'''and the other one''be humble'',,,,,,,,what is happening in thailand now will never happen here,,,i admire the thai people for wanting a better country,,,,,,,,my advise,,,,,,,you could live here if you buy and live in gated area,,dont have business dealings,,,dont need services of locals,,,just live private with your lady,,,as long as you done end up with one like the canadian guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyway im outa here,,prob 2 million short from scams,theives,,,  liers,,,believing in a justice system   ''there is none'',,,,,i wll have the full story with pics of my time here on my website soon as i get established back in aust,,,,i hope to make others fully aware of the pit falls of this place,,,

I am sorry to hear of the problems that you had here in the PI. I agree with all of your comments 100% I am sure that there are others as well that returned to their homeland but that they did not write about it. It is a different world here. All the best in your return to Oz.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Odd, Saint Rosa is one of the places spouse is wanting us to visit due to its natural beauty; been highly recommended by other friends as well, both Pinoy and Kano. 

Santa (Sta) Rosa, Laguna?  I haven't seen much natural beauty there.  Tagaytay is nearby.  Perhaps that is what they meant.

Yeah mate, was under the impression that the surrounding area is nice, with the lake and stuff. 

Dave, boring is good!

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Laguna Sta Rosa is safe qe just chanced upon a group of syndicate that my employees belong to. All branches that they got assigned happen to know each other and they only came from one source who screened them the ao called trusted employer. Its diffferent in Canada and in here if you report someone for robbery or anything they get questioned in here NO. Esp after 24 hours they would ask if you saw them do it... If no witnesses and of course i didn't see them personally do it cause they will not be able to do it if that would be the case, they can't charge them you would need a lawyer to file a case. They have keys, went missing a cp was recovered and evidence was there people gave what they saw scared to testify rhough but still nothing. They got one person but after a few days the person was released ahhh just stupidity. Its nice here near everything its like Makati already here but still quiet life. Just bad luck to us that time. Actually pitmann knows our business he is a member here and he knows how at times there is no law or protection not just to expats but also to Filipinos. They would rather wait for bad things to happen than prevent it. The place we live(village) is secure highly secured and strict but of course we can't just stay inside lol. So at the end of the day i have learned to believe that even 1,000 pesos here can cause your life so we should be careful when we go atm, hang around and talk to people...

• Like 2

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

Nothing to see at Sta Rosa its more of malls and vilages. Tagaytay is different but 25 mins away. Other parts of laguna have tourist spots.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

SPOT ON.

No way in hell I will raise my kid here.  At the rate I see young girls and dogs popping out babies, this place will soon be a 4th world country filled with 100 million impoverished sheeple and disease.

• Like 2

efigy
Posted
Posted

yes i reckon you are right,,,more a forth world country,,,one of the most frustrating things also living here is having to shut up and not get involved,,im sorry i cant live in a society that i cannot be involved with,,,we all know no congressman or senator will go to goal in respect to the pork barrel scam,,,the whole system is so rotten,,,,it;ll never change

• Like 2