Airport Tax

brock
Posted
Posted

When my Wife leaves Mactan airport to go abroad does anybody know if the departure tax is still 550p.

Thanks.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

when we took our trip to Hong Kong last week my GF had to pay 1620p for exit fee + 550p airport fee.. i just had to pay the 550p...it adds some time for standing in TWO lines to get the exit fee and she wont get a boarding pass until its done , so plan accordingly

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

http://www.mciaa.gov.ph/MCIA/quickguide.htm

But that's the airport fee.

How much is the Philippine Travel Tax? 
For adult passengers, the travel tax is PHP1,620 (Business and Economy class) and PHP810 for children (2-11 years). 

I bought my ticket from your website.  Is travel tax already included in the total amount paid? 
No. Philippine Travel Tax is not included in the total fare quoted online.  For international journeys, Philippine travel tax, if applicable, shall be collected by the Philippine Tourism Authority at Philippine Airports. 

Travel tax shall be levied on (a) all citizens of the Philippines; (b) permanent resident aliens; and © non-immigrant aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, who are leaving the country. 

If you are exempted from paying the Philippine Travel Tax or entitled to a reduced travel tax, please secure applicable certificates such as follows, from Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA), Department of Tourism (DOT) before making reservations: 

• Tax Exemption Certificate (TEC) if you are exempted from paying the Philippine Travel Tax

• Reduced Travel Tax Certificate (RTTC) if you are qualified for a reduced Philippine Travel Tax and

• Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) if you are an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW)

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Thanks

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I first looked at moving to the Philippines, I started looking into and gathering all the information I could find and with references to back it all...  I had enough not for just a book but an entire encyclopedia!!!  Now in the last few months, everything seems to have changed and I don't know what is current and what isn't any more!!!

Anybody know what fees, taxes and forms are required if I revert to using a sub instead of flying in and out?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Around the middle of last year, the government issued an instruction to the airlines that they needed to include all charges - including PTT and Terminal Fees - in their tickets. If I recall correctly, the airlines have twelve months to implement this fully but I do know that some have made a start - certain PAL domestic routes now include the Terminal Fees.

Brock: it may be worth your while booking Nesa's trip at a KLM office, in Amsterdam say, rather than make an online reservation as these extra charges are more likely to be included.

Anybody know what fees, taxes and forms are required if I revert to using a sub instead of flying in and out?

Almost certainly Pilotage and Port Dues :)

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mark, Already booked with Singapore airlines, Cost £700, Flight is on the 5th February.

Markham
Posted
Posted

Excellent news, Brock! Where in Holland will you be?

brock
Posted
Posted

Amsterdam, I have hired a Houseboat on the Amstel river for 1 month. very affordable price.

Houseboat | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4 Key Info
  • Beach or lakeside relaxation
  • Not suitable for children
  • No pets allowed
  • Car not necessary

This cosy houseboat is situated at the main river of Amsterdam, the Amstel. It is on walking distance from the vibrant city with its many cafes, restaurants and tourist attractions. Train, tram, subway and bus connections are also close-by to get you anywhere in Amsterdam and Holland where you want.

From the wheel cabin you can enjoy the sun and marvel at the terrific scenery the Amstel has to offer: beautifully restored houses on the side, ships that pass along quietly, maybe even a lone rowing boat. If you prefer to be warm and cosy, we provide a spacious living room with a couch, dimmed lighting and even a wood stove.

Of course there is a tv, stereo set and wifi connection to suit your needs.

After you have had a nice bath, you can sleep in the double bed. When you wake up, prepare your breakfast in the just renewed kitchen or start your day by going to the Albert Cuyp market, which is just around the corner.

At the Albert Cuyp market, you'll find fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, flowers and plants as well as beautiful fabrics, trendy clothing, fine leather ware and jewellery. Take a haring at the fish cart or get yourself freshly baked syrup waffles to take home. You can have a coffee in a traditional Amsterdam café or in a highly modern pub. You'll find the statue of Holland's popular singer André Hazes at the corner of first Sweelinck street. With it's 260 market stands, Albert Cuyp is Holland's largest street market offering a variety of things to see.

From here you can go to a million other things Amsterdam has to offer!

We hope that your stay at my houseboat will add to beautiful memories of your stay in Amsterdam.

Please be advised that the height in the middle of the boat is 1,82 metres or 6"1, so if you're tall, watch your head!

BOOKINGS LESS THAN 3 NIGHTS: 50€ EXTRA

Size Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms Will consider Short breaks (1-4 days) Access Car not necessary Nearest travel links Nearest airport: Schiphol 20 km Notes No pets allowed, No smoking at this property Features and Facilities General Wi-Fi available Rooms 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms Furniture 1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4 Other Linen provided, Towels provided Outdoors Balcony or terrace Northern Holland region

At the Albert Cuyp market, you'll find fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, flowers and plants as well as beautiful fabrics, trendy clothing, fine leather ware and jewellery. Take a haring at the fish cart or get yourself freshly baked syrup waffles to take home. You can have a coffee in a traditional Amsterdam café or in a highly modern pub. You'll find the statue of Holland's popular singer André Hazes at the corner of first Sweelinck street. With it's 260 market stands, Albert Cuyp is Holland's largest street market offering a variety of things to see.

Amsterdam
  • Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted
Amsterdam, I have hired a Houseboat on the Amstel river for 1 month. very affordable price.

That is so cool! And practical too, given that western Europe has possibly seen more rainfall over the last two months than falls in the Philippines in a year! You'll simply rise above it!!