Airport Tax

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

That will be cool, literally, in February.  The rates must go up a lot in the summer but that definitely sounds nice any time of the year.

When Amsterdam gets hot, a few times a year, EVERYBODY is out on the water partying.  I have seen the canals very crowded a few times.  One time it was early mid-spring and there was a freak heat wave that brought everyone out to get rid of the winter blues.  However, that same heat wave ruined most of the tulips at Keukenhof!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Amsterdam, I have hired a Houseboat on the Amstel river for 1 month. very affordable price.

Sleeps four, room for me. Great  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Terminal fees are going up to 750p International. Check out the math in this article:

http://www.manilatimes.net/mactan-airport-raise-terminal-fees/134033/

They will be integrated into the ticket price within 1 year.

http://www.manilatimes.net/breaking_news/ph-terminal-fee-integration-airline-tickets-proceed-next-month/

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Must be that new math

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Terminal fees are going up to 750p International. Check out the math in this article:

http://www.manilatimes.net/mactan-airport-raise-terminal-fees/134033/

They will be integrated into the ticket price within 1 year.

http://www.manilatimes.net/breaking_news/ph-terminal-fee-integration-airline-tickets-proceed-next-month/

CEBU CITY: THE Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority (MCIAA) will increase passenger service charges or terminal fees beginning November 1. MCIAA Board Member Pericles Dakay said the board approved

the new rates during its meeting last Friday presided by Transportation and Communication Undersecretary Jojo Lotilla. The new fees will be P750 for international passengers, or higher by P250 from the current rate of P550. Domestic passengers will be charged P220 from the current P200.

This P220 rate for local passengers will go up by P300 on January 1, 2016 as originally approved by the MCIAA Board three months ago.

PNA

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) on Wednesday announced that all systems are “go” for the integration of the terminal fee into the cost of airline tickets next month.

MIAA General Manager Jose Angel Honrado said the integration of the terminal fee into the cost of airline ticket will begin November 1.

Honrado explained that the first effort to integrate dates back to 20 years ago. However, there were issues where MIAA and the airlines had difficulty agreeing on.

“Finally, both parties are able to see a win-win solution to these issues.

This is a dream come true for everyone,” Honrado further stated. :hystery: :hystery:

According to MIAA, the integration of the terminal fee will be implemented simultaneously by all airlines worldwide and will also cover passengers transiting Manila to any destination point.

It will first go through a transition period until it is expected to be fully implemented by October 2015, when all tickets purchased/issued prior to November 1 this year will have been flown.

Under the scheme, the services of the air carriers will be engaged in the collection of the terminal fee through its inclusion in the airline ticket.

Despite this development, the airport official did not discount the concerns being raised by groups opposing the integration.

“Everyone has the right to be heard. Their plan to bring their issues to court is a right they are exercising. Same right to be heard was also our basis why we worked so hard on this effort. This integration has been the clamor over the years from passengers using NAIA,” he said.

He, meanwhile, allayed fears of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) that they have to line up for refund clarifying that exemptions will be honored at the point of sale provided the OFWs and others exempted can show proof of entitlement or exemption.

MIAA said that in the case of OFWs, it is the OEC, however, this will not apply for tickets bought abroad or online as there is no way to verify the proof of entitlement.

In 2013, a total of 7,671,643 passengers departed from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). Out of this, 1,975,695 were OFWs who lined up at the terminal fee counters and presented their overseas employment certificates (OECs) to avail of the exemption.

MIAA, however, assured that once integration is in place, only 10 percent or 197,569 OFW passengers will buy their tickets online or abroad and will have to line up for refund.

The refund process has no expiration period . :kidding:

It can be done prior to departure at the refund counters in the Terminals or upon return to the Philippines or through a representative to be processed at the MIAA Administration Building, subject to presentation of OEC or exemption certificate, MIAA said.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
“Everyone has the right to be heard.

Hmmmmmmm Obviously he is not up on the Foreigner Policy in the PI

komments
Posted
Posted

As a tourist will I be hit with these fees? Just trying to plan ahead.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As a tourist will I be hit with these fees? Just trying to plan ahead.

That will depend on when you are coming and if it has been implemented. As it stands just now, yes it is payable on Departure.

Tourist or National, all have to pay this.

JP :tiphat:

Alby
Posted
Posted

I just booked from Davao to Manila yesterday and was told to pay when I leave Davao.

I am not sure how much and for what I will pay thu?

I have my Filipina gf with me going out of PI so I guess I will pay her 1650 p (?) plus my exit stuff.

I know inland travel is 550 p but if one has been here for more than 6 months he would have to pay the exit visa fee too.

So is it going to be 550 + ECC or?

I better carry lots if cash coz I have no clue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gator
Posted
Posted

Last I heard if it's domestic travel then the departure tax is included in the price of the ticket (check the fine print), but for international travel the tax is paid separately at a booth in the airport.